Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Womens clothes.......

Womens clothes.......

Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:54 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Womens clothes.......

Originally Posted by fionamw
Respect!

(not giving numbers, JLFS sounds like a man on a mission.....)
I am on a mission........good God it looks like a RIVER ISLAND store in the bloody place,
I had never heard of them before, but now they are in my dreams.......

How many "kaftans" does she need????

We are not going out till this is sorted......I am putting my foot down
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:43 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
I have thee pairs of winter trousers, three pairs of summer trousers, four skirts, one summer dress, two pairs of shorts,assorted tee-shirts and jumpers, about four of othe tops, three fleeces, a waterproof coat, two pairs of sandals (one casual, one posh), a pair of shoes, a pair of trainers, a pair of walking boots and a pair of crocs. And assorted underwear.

Two small wardrobes and one small chest of drawers.

That's it.
oh sorry.... and three cardigans.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I am on a mission........good God it looks like a RIVER ISLAND store in the bloody place,
I had never heard of them before, but now they are in my dreams.......
How many "kaftans" does she need????
We are not going out till this is sorted......I am putting my foot down:fingerscrossed:
Choice, my dear. Choice
Beware such phrases..... women don't like 'em

Originally Posted by scampicat
oh sorry.... and three cardigans.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Throw out everything that is too big and slim into everything that is too small.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
Throw out everything that is too big and slim into everything that is too small.
Brilliant! Hilariously unrealistic but nonetheless brilliant!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fionamw
Brilliant! Hilariously unrealistic but nonetheless brilliant!
Not really she'll still have the ones that fit and when they become too big she can throw them out too. Plus all the trying on will be good exercise and soon she'll be in such good shape that any old rag will look good on her and take up little space.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 7:53 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the OP is risking at least a month on the subs bench.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
please explain I think I'm missing something or have lost the thread
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:07 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
At least.
I'm out of here before the feathers begin to fly.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:07 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for all you cynical lot out there, all hoping that I would fall flat on my face.........it has not been such a bad result.

The only hiccup was when we found a skirt in a grape colour, she said that she did not have anything to go with it, but if she bought a top......?????? well I gave in on that one.

It may seem like a step back, but sometimes it is best to lose a battle to win the war.

She found 7 things with the labels still on (never been worn).

the biggest problem was with her "zara basic" t shirt collection. She had so many and they all look the same to me but I have been informed that although she has 4 of each colour, they are vastly different, ie boat neck, scoop neck, V neck, and strappy.

I have learned so much about fashion today, mainly that women are slaves to it.

I did mention the 3W theory to her, but she did not take the bait.

So far we have go 7 binbags full to take to a charity shop or give away to a good cause.

We are still progressing, al be it a lot slower.

The flip flop, beaded sandals is next on the agenda...........I expect tears, screaming, crying, sobbing and tantrums, and I dont think that my wife will be any less emotional either.

So for all of you that expected me to fall flat on my face

nah nah nah nah nah.

You lesser men than me can build your extensions to house your wives growing wardrobe,or be stuck with a tiny corner, and a sock drawer, but this worm has turned.......
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bil
Oh no bil, I am demanding my conjugals tonight.......

Whether I get them in another matter
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:17 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Without wishing to get too involved I reckon its no big surprise that the Zara boss who started without a peseta to scratch his ass 30 year back, is now a billiionaire and the richest guy in Spain.
Maybe at one time also he had a Mrs who had 4 of everything in her wardrobe and put 2 and 2 together.......
Old Mar 14th 2010, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't actually counted (too scared to!) but I know I have enough clothes not to have to wear the same thing twice in any one month - summer or winter. Things do tend to last for years as they only get worn about 6 times a year each but then I get sick of them and have to replace them anyway. I have to operate a 'one in, one out' rule and every time I buy something new I have to throw something out as there's no more room. I too have some things hanging in the wardrobe that I've never worn but won't get rid of them 'just in case' - mainly things I fell in love with in the shop and couldn't bear to leave without even though I knew I might never have an occasion to wear them.

I know I'm not alone as I have read about women who buy a beautiful pair of shoes that don't fit them, they just want to have them to look at!

Is all this really so different to my OH who has hundreds of vinyl albums he never ever plays (in spite of having a turntable to play them on) but won't get rid of, also collections of back issues of music magazines stored in boxes which he will probably never read again, cuts plugs off old electrical appliances that are being thrown out 'because they might come in handy' and has jars full of old nails and screws for the same reason?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:07 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, good point. My OH saves plugs and allsorts that will, he says "come in handy".I don't know what some of the stuff is and I don't think he knows either! The only thing he saved that came in handy was a few bits for a broken toilet flushing system, everything else we have to buy.

Can't complain though, he doesn't intrude on my clothes buying or storing