Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Womens clothes.......

Womens clothes.......

Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:10 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Womens clothes.......

I wonder if any ladies out there could help us.... before one us really loses it.

We want to change one of our bedrooms into a study/den type room.

So far so good, the only problem is my wifes clothes. She has so many of them, she admits that she has too many, but cannot bear to throw any of them away, some have not been worn for ages, but she still wants to hang onto them "just in case".

She has 53 pairs of trousers, some are shorts, piratas and long. 17 pair are white!!!!!!!!!!!
Half of them have not seen the light of day, coz her bum looks big in them (her words)

What we would like to do is a sort of survey, could the ladies on the forum please tell us how many each item of cloting is needed. Tops, trousers, skirts etc for summer clothing. Shoes included.

Then we will take the average and work from there.

I have promised her a new winter wardrobe if she gets rid of some of the crap she is hoarding.

I know I am taking a big chance here, so please ladies, could I ask you to keep the numbers down.
If any of you have more clothes than her, please dont post or let it be known.

There is a lot riding on this, a marriage for starters and my sanity.

I might regret this post.................
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Womens clothes.......

lol the hubby says your a brave man,

They say that if you have not worn it in the last 3 -6 moths then bag it and send it to the charity or carboot fair. Be brave girl, look at it as a new winter wardrobe and hit him for new shoes and boots to go with it.

Hope this helps and good look
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:23 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
lol the hubby says your a brave man,

They say that if you have not worn it in the last 3 -6 moths then bag it and send it to the charity or carboot fair. Be brave girl, look at it as a new winter wardrobe and hit him for new shoes and boots to go with it.

Hope this helps and good look
Numbers.......I need numbers!!!!!!!

How many of each..............please...........pretty please......
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry but when it comes to clothes and woman there is no such thing as numbers, it all goes on what we wear and when but I suppose if I had to push for numbers I would look at keeping enough clothes for 2 weeks without washing, so about 14 t' shirts, 14 assorted tops, at least 14 pairs of assorted trousers same with skirts, underwear I would double on all levels.

hope this I helps a little. Your walking on thin ice trying to pin her down with numbers.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jay01
Sorry but when it comes to clothes and woman there is no such thing as numbers, it all goes on what we wear and when but I suppose if I had to push for numbers I would look at keeping enough clothes for 2 weeks without washing, so about 14 t' shirts, 14 assorted tops, at least 14 pairs of assorted trousers same with skirts, underwear I would double on all levels.

hope this I helps a little. Your walking on thin ice trying to pin her down with numbers.
Thank you, I hope your husband appreciates you, and spoils you rotten because you deserve it................
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:45 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Numbers.......I need numbers!!!!!!!

How many of each..............please...........pretty please......
Numbers,..you must be joking,...surely by now you must realize that when it comes to clothes and shoes, women simply can't count.
Would it not be easier for you just to build an extension room on the house to be used as a walk in wardrobe?
Keep you occupied and out of trouble, and keep the good lady happy.
No doubt it will rapidly fill up, but you can always repeat the performance in each subsequent year, till she has at least one sample of every frock and pair of shoes thats ever been produced........and you end up with the biggest villa in town.

Sorry about that jay but hadn't read yours when I began mine.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I agree with the rest - impossible to put a number on it.

My rule is that if I haven't worn it for 12 months (ie, I've gone through all seasons and weathers) then it goes to the bin/charity.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I did try to tell him that, lol. But the poor bloke must feel really lucky trying to make her stick to numbers and I agree dick, far better to increase the size of the house or not have the den/study put that in a shed in the garden,

But you have to give it to him for trying.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for blokes the rule is "the 3 W's"
1 wearing,
1 in the wardrobe
1 in the wash
and so far as winter outfits go, that's the same as summer but with a pullover.

Any help?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:48 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
1 wearing,
1 in the wardrobe
1 in the wash

Any help?

Sounds like sheer luxury to me.
Reckon you must be out on the town every night.
For me its one night out,..then one night in, watching telly in the nudy,whilst waiting for the washing and ironing.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 6:24 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I have thee pairs of winter trousers, three pairs of summer trousers, four skirts, one summer dress, two pairs of shorts,assorted tee-shirts and jumpers, about four of othe tops, three fleeces, a waterproof coat, two pairs of sandals (one casual, one posh), a pair of shoes, a pair of trainers, a pair of walking boots and a pair of crocs. And assorted underwear.

Two small wardrobes and one small chest of drawers.

That's it.

Last edited by scampicat; Mar 14th 2010 at 6:27 am.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
I have thee pairs of winter trousers, three pairs of summer trousers, four skirts, one summer dress, two pairs of shorts,assorted tee-shirts and jumpers, about four of othe tops, three fleeces, a waterproof coat, two pairs of sandals (one casual, one posh), a pair of shoes, a pair of trainers, a pair of walking boots and a pair of crocs. And assorted underwear.
Two small wardrobes and one small chest of drawers.
That's it.
Respect!

(not giving numbers, JLFS sounds like a man on a mission.....)
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:27 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Respect!

(not giving numbers, JLFS sounds like a man on a mission.....)
I'm not giving numbers either.

I do clear out every year (or less) though - if it hasn't been worn out it goes!

I'm not a great shoe person though - bare minimum in numbers there.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 9:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Numbers,..you must be joking,...surely by now you must realize that when it comes to clothes and shoes, women simply can't count.
Would it not be easier for you just to build an extension room on the house to be used as a walk in wardrobe?
Keep you occupied and out of trouble, and keep the good lady happy.
No doubt it will rapidly fill up, but you can always repeat the performance in each subsequent year, till she has at least one sample of every frock and pair of shoes thats ever been produced........and you end up with the biggest villa in town.

Sorry about that jay but hadn't read yours when I began mine.
You sound like a man with the biggest villa in town from experience.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 9:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by pete_l
1 wearing,
1 in the wardrobe
1 in the wash

Any help?
I wish Pete.......I wish..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.