Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Windows 7 Spanish Version v English

Windows 7 Spanish Version v English

Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Windows 7 Spanish Version v English

When I bought my laptop a local computer guy put the English version of Windows on it. In my ignorance I thought he was just changing the language on the computer, I didnt realise it was an illegal copy. Anyway finally Microsoft have caught up with me and are sending updates which are basically trying to stop me using it. Not sure whether to buy a proper copy or just restore to the original Spanish Windows. Any thoughts. My Spanish is okay but not brilliant.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:09 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Windows 7 Spanish Version v English

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
When I bought my laptop a local computer guy put the English version of Windows on it. In my ignorance I thought he was just changing the language on the computer, I didnt realise it was an illegal copy. Anyway finally Microsoft have caught up with me and are sending updates which are basically trying to stop me using it. Not sure whether to buy a proper copy or just restore to the original Spanish Windows. Any thoughts. My Spanish is okay but not brilliant.
My advice - use the Spanish version. It's not that hard and you will learn a lot.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:24 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

If you google "Windows 7 change language" you will see you have options. So if you can go back to the original Windows 7 then you can start again. The problem with leaving it as Spanish is that when you have a major problem, and are struggling to understand what the problem and solution is, the last thing you need is to have a language problem

Davexf
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You can change the basic display language in W7 but unless you have the "Ultimate" version you cannot install the full language packs that effectively give you the full English version.

However, there is a way round this. There is a program called Vistalizator which enables you to download the official language packs from Microsoft.

You can get it here Vistalizator - change display language in Windows Vista and Windows 7
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:57 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

When I last used Vistalizator (a few years ago on w7), it came up with notifications that W& was not a legit copy - even though it was - and certain updates would not happen - as Vistalizator changes the registration...one that MS check for genuine copies.

W7 in Spanish is fine - and most other programs you want to install you can choose the language you want anyway...
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a similar experience to The Guy.
MS are quite picky when it comes to licensing.

Of all the 'none english' languages, I find that PC Spanish is quite easy to master.

But a Spanish keyboard can be annoying!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lutonlad
I've had a similar experience to The Guy.
MS are quite picky when it comes to licensing.

Of all the 'none english' languages, I find that PC Spanish is quite easy to master.

But a Spanish keyboard can be annoying!
At least the letter keys are in the same place.

You don't know the meaning of "annoying" until you've tried a French keyboard.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys I think I may try the Spanish version and then if I cant get on with it get the English.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 4:41 pm
Proud Swansea Jack

swanseajack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Thanks guys I think I may try the Spanish version and then if I cant get on with it get the English.
switch off automatic updates then MS won't know you exist,there are pieces of free software designed to get around this,I know i have several but unsure if they only work in blighty but PM me and can send you links if you wish

tom....swansea wales' only PREMIER league club
Old Jun 26th 2014, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by swanseajack
switch off automatic updates then MS won't know you exist,there are pieces of free software designed to get around this,I know i have several but unsure if they only work in blighty but PM me and can send you links if you wish

tom....swansea wales' only PREMIER league club
They have done it so you cannot stop the updates. Also you cannot go back to a previous date.