Linea Direct

Old May 22nd 2014, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Linea Direct

Just bought a car over here having taken my RHD back to the UK. I insured through Linea Direct, now they are calling me to insure my house with them too. The house quote compares well with my present insurer ( UK based) however I seem to recall reading on this forum, that there have been some problems with claims on house insurance when they have been involved, and to give them a miss. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Pete
Old May 26th 2014, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

chica1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Linea Direct

Hello Pete,

Whatever you do my friend, stay well clear of Linea Directa.

I was insured with them for my car for seven years, when I had an accident on the 30th November, 2013.

I live in the Campo and have been left with no vehicle for nearly six months, after they rejected my claim. I have also been told they have a terrible reputation of rejecting almost every claim.

I have appealed their decision, but as with everything with Linea directa, they are dragging their heels.
Old May 26th 2014, 3:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chica1
Hello Pete,

Whatever you do my friend, stay well clear of Linea Directa.

I was insured with them for my car for seven years, when I had an accident on the 30th November, 2013.

I live in the Campo and have been left with no vehicle for nearly six months, after they rejected my claim. I have also been told they have a terrible reputation of rejecting almost every claim.

I have appealed their decision, but as with everything with Linea directa, they are dragging their heels.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 26th 2014, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

I had my Spanish registered car written off in September in the UK, I was insured with Linea Directa and they have been an absolute nightmare. I too have been without a car and last month I cut them out of the loop and dealt direct with the third party and a Solicitor who has been representing them. None of the forms, medical reports or receipts had been forwarded to our legal team.

I have just been paid out for a laughable sum they settled at without my say so and to add insult to injury they have taken a year's premium off me for a car that doesnt even exist anymore! Then phoned and told me I was being awkward for wanting my money back.

Linea Directa, me cago en tus muertos.
Old May 26th 2014, 4:18 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Direct Line have a good reputation in the UK for claims.

I have heard (and have some small experience myself) that Spanish insurance is very far removed from the British experience. They are very loath to pay out anything and when they do it's as little as possible and kicking and screaming.

I insured our cars with Gibraltar registered companies (IBEX and latterly Abbeygate) and although I only made one claim it was dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I suspect that Linea Directa are no worse than any other Spanish insurance company.

Last edited by jimenato; May 26th 2014 at 5:28 pm. Reason: Abbeywood ---> Abbeygate
Old May 26th 2014, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. I suspected that it might be as you all have stated. Just looking at Spanish cars suggests that repairing damage to cars is not a priority for Spanish drivers or insurance companies. It would appear to be a case of adhering to the necessity of Spanish driving laws, rather than repairing damage to your car.
Pete
Old May 26th 2014, 4:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I can only speak from my own experience, having had three claims with LD.

In every case the claim was handled brilliantly, in fact far in excess of what I would expect.

On another Spanish forum, this has been discussed at some length and almost everyone that had claimed has had the same good experiences.
Old May 27th 2014, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad for the people who managed to get a decent service. It is a very stressful time. I received yet another call from them today stating that they are charging me for this year's premium because I did not cancel it. I asked to cancel it at the time of the accident and was told that I did not need to.

They have consistently changed their story about what is happening, what I can claim for and how the claim is progressing. Two of my neighbours have been through a similair bad time with these lying scumbags.
Old May 27th 2014, 8:10 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I have had very good service from Linea Direct. Please note they no longer have any association with Direct Line.
Old May 29th 2014, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Seems like :"you pays your money and takes your chance"
Pete
Old May 29th 2014, 7:31 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Beware friendly "English" insurance agents
Old Jun 25th 2014, 12:43 am
Just Joined

chrissyking35 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi every one. can anyone advise me on which company to insure my car with. my English insurance is about to run out soon and haven't got a clue when it comes to Spanish car insurance.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm insured with Ibex :- Expat car insurance Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, car insurance, expat motor insurance Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:00 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - I had no problem with Ibex.

Also look at Abbeygate Insurance in Spain in English
Old Jun 25th 2014, 11:38 am
Just Joined

chrissyking35 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi. thank you for your replies. I will have a look at abbeygate and ibex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.