Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where In Valencia?

Where In Valencia?

Old May 14th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where In Valencia?

Have booked flights for 7th June for a week, am staying in Oliva so hoping for a good look around. Just hope i dont get lost coming from the airport as i am relying on my 18yr old son to navigate for me I am hoping to look at some schools whilst over to try and reassure my 8yr old daughter that she will be fine. she is very outgoing and sociable but obviously sad about leaving her current friends. will let you know how it goes, thanks for all the help
Old May 14th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by squelch
Have booked flights for 7th June for a week, am staying in Oliva so hoping for a good look around. Just hope i dont get lost coming from the airport as i am relying on my 18yr old son to navigate for me I am hoping to look at some schools whilst over to try and reassure my 8yr old daughter that she will be fine. she is very outgoing and sociable but obviously sad about leaving her current friends. will let you know how it goes, thanks for all the help
Have fun Squelch......

It's so easy to get to Oliva from either Alicante or Valencia Airport...you'll be fine...

Look forward to hearing how it all goes...

Mich xx
Old May 14th 2007, 1:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cant remember if I've done so already but I have foolproof written instructions from Valencia to Oliva ......... if you want a copy let me know and I'll send to you (if its Valencia you're coming to)
Old May 14th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Cant remember if I've done so already but I have foolproof written instructions from Valencia to Oliva ......... if you want a copy let me know and I'll send to you (if its Valencia you're coming to)
I recommend getting directions from Mitzy if you are driving down from Valencia. It is an easy route once you know it. I tried to do it by logic and instinct and it took me 3 hours instead of one, to get from Valencia to Denia. Beautiful scenery though.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Hi thanks Mitzyboy for the offer, but am in coming in to Alicante so that i can pop into my Uncle's for a quick hello on the way through. Am hoping its the autopista most of the way. If i see a sign for Murcia i guess i'm heading the wrong way
Old May 14th 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

HI me again, can anyone tell me how to find a list of schools in the oliva and surrounding areas? I keep looking on google and am not finding very much. I wanted to try and look at some whilst I'm out, as I'm told if its a state school I will need to live in the catchment area.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

HI me again, can anyone tell me how to find a list of schools in the oliva and surrounding areas? I keep looking on google and am not finding very much. I wanted to try and look at some whilst I'm out, as I'm told if its a state school I will need to live in the catchment area.

There's a list on this website.

http://www.infoville.es/Main?ISUM_ID...f9cN69vBpAhA8_
Old May 15th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

you cant go wrong - just come out of the airport and head for Valencia on the AP7 toll road and just keep going until the turn off for Oliva - come through tht tolls and at the first junction turn right on the N332 - 5 mins and you will be in Oliva

Oliva is quite a big place and there will be a few schools - it will all depend in where you will be living ? and generally children will go to the closest school - which will be a lot easier if they are not staying for lunch as they have a 3 hour break (12-3, October-May) so if you have to drive them to school you are forever going back and forth

There are lots of nice villages around that area

( I live just 5 mins from Gandia - have been here for 4 years )

have a good trip
Old May 16th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya, I'm in Oliva.....I'm not sure about a list of schools...as like Spain said..there are alot. Best bet is to go to the Town hall and ask for details on the schools.....(translate into Spanish though).

I'd wander around, that's how we started to get to know where the schools were. My children will both go to Santa Anna.....in the Old Town.

On the Paseo (the main street) there is Rebollet, Luis Vives (excuse spelling), and a couple more that I'm not sure of the names.

On the way to the beach...the new paseo, there is a new school ..it's opposite the football ground.

But it will depend on where you live as to which school the children go to....and Oliva is bigger than I first thought.

Anyway..good luck...
Old May 16th 2007, 8:39 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
I recommend getting directions from Mitzy if you are driving down from Valencia. It is an easy route once you know it. I tried to do it by logic and instinct and it took me 3 hours instead of one, to get from Valencia to Denia. Beautiful scenery though.
we did that.......it's how we found Ontinyent!
Old May 16th 2007, 9:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't take the direction signed Cartagena, as that will be the main sign on the Autopista going south.
Old May 16th 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we did that.......it's how we found Ontinyent!
I clearly remember driving through Ontinyent when I got stuck on the interior route. In fact, only the other day, when you mentioned possibly moving to that area, I thought of my scenic drive from the airport. If my kids were older, I would consider moving inland to that area. However, do love Denia as it suits us all.

We can walk to most parts of the town from where we are based (La Pedrera). It takes just five minutes to get to Plaza Jaime which comes alive in the early evening - very Spanish/S American area. Didn't bother trying to "sell it" to you as I assume you know Denia fairly well.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the help and advice, cant wait to come out and have a good look around.
Old May 27th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi me again, has anyone got any suggestions on areas to visit whilst over in June? I want my kids to see the real Spain, not just the touristy areas, if they are going to live there they need to see what the area is all about.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi me again, has anyone got any suggestions on areas to visit whilst over in June? I want my kids to see the real Spain, not just the touristy areas, if they are going to live there they need to see what the area is all about.

Oliva Pego Marshlands Park
Drive Inland from Gandia to Xativa, thats quite pleasant
Barx / La Drova just out of Gandia is a National Park and you are supposed to be able to see eagles up there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.