Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where In Valencia?

Where In Valencia?

Old May 9th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about
Default Where In Valencia?

Hi all, am moving out to Spain by the summer months, have been out and looked around the country quite a lot and have decided that Valencia is the area we prefer the most. As we are a lover of motorbikes the race circuit is a bonus. However our dilema is whereabouts in Valencia to settle, we have a daughter of 8 so need a good school and a boy of 17 who wants to work with animals, we are hoping to maybe run a B & B. Any help and advice is most welcome
Old May 9th 2007, 10:20 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where In Valencia?

We are moving to an area called Llacuna, which is near Villalonga, very nice, quiet but not too far from Gandia , or beaches, good schools, we are sending our youngest to the local Spanish school which is very nice. We drove around quite a lot but really liked this area most.
Old May 9th 2007, 11:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oliva Gandia Denia areas well worth looking at
Old May 9th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Since 2003, we've lived in the outskirts of Valencia, between La Pobla de Vallbona and Bétera.

Great location, very quiet, surrounded by farms and orange groves, yet less than ten minutes drive to a big shopping mall (Carrefour, Lidl, McDonalds etc.), Metro station for Valencia (30 minutes, just over a Euro) schools, medical centre etc.

Nearest beaches about 30 minutes drive, also there are beaches in the city accessible by Metro.

Not many Brits here, 17 in a town of 20,000.
Old May 9th 2007, 11:48 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Hi there we are in almeria near sorbas there is almeria race track 20 mins from us in the village of tabernas if you look atthere web site www.circuito de almeria .com you will see it on there .They have track days if you live in the area it only costs you about 5 euros for the day a bargain we love the area helen
Old May 9th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Hi, thanks for the replies so far, villalonga looks very nice, any suggestions on where to stay out there for a week whilst looking around? fairly cheap would be good
Old May 9th 2007, 3:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squelch
Hi, thanks for the replies so far, villalonga looks very nice, any suggestions on where to stay out there for a week whilst looking around? fairly cheap would be good
http://www.hotelitooliva.com/

This is a really nice place, central in Oliva, and easy to get to the surrounding areas via the N332 North & South
Old May 9th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
http://www.hotelitooliva.com/

This is a really nice place, central in Oliva, and easy to get to the surrounding areas via the N332 North & South
heard of quite a lot of car crime in Oliva over the last few weeks Mitzyboy ?
Old May 10th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks for all the info, have been looking at these areas on the net and villalonga looks lovely as do the mountains. I will def be over for a visit in the next 3-4 weeks. thanks again, any more info would be grateful particularly about schools and maybe animal centres in the locality
Old May 10th 2007, 1:51 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by spain
heard of quite a lot of car crime in Oliva over the last few weeks Mitzyboy ?
How come you have and I havent
Old May 10th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
How come you have and I havent
have a friend who lives in the old town - he knows of 3 people in the last couple of weeks who have had their cars/vans broken into :curse:
Old May 10th 2007, 4:06 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

have a friend who lives in the old town - he knows of 3 people in the last couple of weeks who have had their cars/vans broken into :curse:
Oh Dear you have been away from Blighty a long time haven't you! That is a walk in the park compaired to the type of crime going on here, one of the reasons we're leaving, although I know having things like you know of happening in Oliva is very upsetting for the people concerned, give me that over the sort of violence going on in the U.K.
For instance, last year my son got beaten up, in broad daylight, because some delightful charecter wanted his mobile phone. We don't live in a large town, but a village near the coast of Kent! Luckily the village shop had C.C.T.V footage of the bloke buying a can of drink just before he attacked my son, but, typical of the British system, he just got a 'ticking off' even though he'd be warned before for a similar crime.
A girl friend of his only a few months ago, when walking home from the bus stop, was nearly dragged into the back of a transit van by 2 men, she was 16 at the time, and has been so traumatised by it can't remember most of the details, it was however heard by her Mum, who was talking to her on her phone at the time.
What a delightful place to live. Give me a one way ticket out of here!!
Old May 10th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by silverchick
Oh Dear you have been away from Blighty a long time haven't you! That is a walk in the park compaired to the type of crime going on here, one of the reasons we're leaving, although I know having things like you know of happening in Oliva is very upsetting for the people concerned, give me that over the sort of violence going on in the U.K.
For instance, last year my son got beaten up, in broad daylight, because some delightful charecter wanted his mobile phone. We don't live in a large town, but a village near the coast of Kent! Luckily the village shop had C.C.T.V footage of the bloke buying a can of drink just before he attacked my son, but, typical of the British system, he just got a 'ticking off' even though he'd be warned before for a similar crime.
A girl friend of his only a few months ago, when walking home from the bus stop, was nearly dragged into the back of a transit van by 2 men, she was 16 at the time, and has been so traumatised by it can't remember most of the details, it was however heard by her Mum, who was talking to her on her phone at the time.
What a delightful place to live. Give me a one way ticket out of here!!
yeah you are right , I think because generally there is less crime here when something does happen people are a bit shocked by it - and sometimes people think that Spain is some kind of paradise !!!!

I know one family who moved here because they think there is less of a drug problem here
Old May 11th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in the old town !!!!!!!!!!! Bligey......been here a year not had any problem whatsoever...so I'm touching wood......I'll speak to my neighbours...but thanks for that anyway, sometimes I forget to lock the car....
Old May 11th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck Squelch it's a very pretty part of Spain......friends moved to Orba and that is lovely too.....

Let us know where you decide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.