Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where should I live in Spain?

Where should I live in Spain?

Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Where should I live in Spain?

I'm already looking at Sax near Alicante but I wondered if you lived in the kind of place I'm looking for

Now I appreciate I'm leaving the UK but I need to take a little of the UK with me. For example, Sky has to come and I understand the ins and outs of receiving Sky and what to do in Spain. I also like my British newspaper(s). I'm more of a tabloid reader (The Mirror) so I need to get my hand on one of these or similar every day if possible. Where you live do you get English papers the same day, the next day or not at all? Reading them online isn't for me. I'd even drive to the airport to get one! Am I mad?

I need fast internet access as my life is run on the net and I need to feel secure by having some fellow Brits nearby.

Living on the beach isn't a must for me, I know that inland there's better deals to be had but I'd still like to be 30 mins to 45 mins away from some nightlife for the odd pint and bit of music. I know it's sad but that's what I've always liked about holidaying in Spain, I could always find an English pub and an English cooked breakfast.

I'm not an adventurer but I do want to respect the community I'll live in. I'm learning Spanish and want to put as much into the local community as possible. I'm English but I want to feel a part of Spain and respect local traditions etc. I just don't want to be isolated from the things I like.

Living within an hour of an international airport that flies to the North of England is a must incase I ever need to jet back to England for family reasons. Plus my children live with their mum (former relationship but we all get along!) and they'd be coming over for the school holidays and maybe once every couple of weekends.

Do you think I'm asking too much? Sky's covered, a British newspaper, internet access, some familiar nightlife where I can get a pint and some music plus an hour to the airport?

I'd appreciate some feedback
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where should I live in Spain?

Originally Posted by Nacnud
I'm already looking at Sax near Alicante but I wondered if you lived in the kind of place I'm looking for

Now I appreciate I'm leaving the UK but I need to take a little of the UK with me. For example, Sky has to come and I understand the ins and outs of receiving Sky and what to do in Spain. I also like my British newspaper(s). I'm more of a tabloid reader (The Mirror) so I need to get my hand on one of these or similar every day if possible. Where you live do you get English papers the same day, the next day or not at all? Reading them online isn't for me. I'd even drive to the airport to get one! Am I mad?

I need fast internet access as my life is run on the net and I need to feel secure by having some fellow Brits nearby.

Living on the beach isn't a must for me, I know that inland there's better deals to be had but I'd still like to be 30 mins to 45 mins away from some nightlife for the odd pint and bit of music. I know it's sad but that's what I've always liked about holidaying in Spain, I could always find an English pub and an English cooked breakfast.

I'm not an adventurer but I do want to respect the community I'll live in. I'm learning Spanish and want to put as much into the local community as possible. I'm English but I want to feel a part of Spain and respect local traditions etc. I just don't want to be isolated from the things I like.

Living within an hour of an international airport that flies to the North of England is a must incase I ever need to jet back to England for family reasons. Plus my children live with their mum (former relationship but we all get along!) and they'd be coming over for the school holidays and maybe once every couple of weekends.

Do you think I'm asking too much? Sky's covered, a British newspaper, internet access, some familiar nightlife where I can get a pint and some music plus an hour to the airport?

Re Internet...JDR is your man, read this thread from a few days ago..can't help on the other stuff, not my bag..happy hunting...

Here
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:20 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Jumping up and down - my house my house I have all that and more.

Sorry JDR blatant advertising , I promise I won't do it again
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Re Internet...JDR is your man, read this thread from a few days ago..can't help on the other stuff, not my bag..happy hunting...

Here
Thanks, will do.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Jumping up and down - my house my house I have all that and more.

Sorry JDR blatant advertising , I promise I won't do it again
Go on Crispygirl...get in there....
See Nacnud we have you sorted already and no commission......
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:54 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Nacnud,

Most of the things you require are not outrageous and easily obtainable in the Costa Blanca North. Although you do need to be careful because there are alot of crafty crooks around that will promise you the stars.

Why don't you come out and rent for a while and see which areas impress you more, especially during the winter months.

Martha
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't you coming out here for a change of life style??

SKY .... keep your current contract, buy a new dish here
Newspapers ....... we're not the other side of the world here you know
Internet access http://www.adslzone.net/comparativa.html
Familiar nightlife and a pint Get away with you
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

island_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really niceisland_sands is just really nice

I lived in Barcelona for six years and it was amazing. Only an hour from the magnificent Costa Brava and all the tabloids available on the newsstands in the Rambla if you read them.

Great food, great wines, great people and the ocean right there.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:47 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

playa flamenca might suit you.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:09 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by island_sands
I lived in Barcelona for six years and it was amazing. Only an hour from the magnificent Costa Brava and all the tabloids available on the newsstands in the Rambla if you read them.

Hi island sands,

We were absolutely enchanted by Barcelona and highly recommend this beautiful city.

Could happily live there if finances permitted.

Martha
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:42 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi island sands

Have I said welcome, no I don't think I have....Hi and welcome

I have only been to Barcelona once, my daughter took me there when she went on a business trip, we had 4 days there and I will never forget it. If I had the money and I thought OH would be happy there it is were I would choose to live in the whole of Spain. I loved Barcelona, every inch of it (well every inch of what I managed to see). Such a wonderful city, so much going on, just recently my youngest daughter went for a birthday treat and she went home bewitched by the place. Tops marks
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Heloooooo stranger!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say something in reply to the original poster, but I'm at a loss as to why they would possibly want to leave the UK
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:34 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
I was going to say something in reply to the original poster, but I'm at a loss as to why they would possibly want to leave the UK
To sort of quote beachcomber, sun, Sky & his pint!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by big wheels
I need Sky, newspapers and broadband for work so I must have them

It'd be a nightmare if I couldn't run my business as normal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.