Where to Live?

Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Nic43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to Live?

New to the forum and would like to canvas opinion.

British national but have been living in the Caribbean & South America. Now looking to return to Europe for family reasons. Spain is my preferrred location because of the language and the weather. Anybody have an opinion on the best part of Spain to start looking.

My budget is reasononable, I work on-line so no work issues . Prefer small towns to cities. I have young wife & children. Would like to be near the coast for sailing scuba beaches etc and near to a friendly ex-pat community. I know what I'm looking for but its a big country and I need a few suggestions.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Live?

Hi and welcome, do you have a boat ? getting a berth here is a long wait depending on the length. Some places quote 300 on waiting list.

If you like to sail at any time then the marina at Mazagon near Huelva is a great place. Sheltered harbour, you can sail up river or out to where ever. Good stretches of beach you can moor out and dingy in. I think there are ex pats in the Huelva area.
I live outside Sevilla, on the Huelva side, my village ( big) has many ex pats of various nationality also plenty schools to choose from. Donaña National Park has many attractions for a family to explore.

What type of accommodation are you looking for ? urb, on edge of villages, public transport, campo ?

If I can be of any help just ask.

Oh and the nosy bit where in the Caribbean were you ?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Where to Live?

Originally Posted by Nic43

British national but have been living in the Caribbean & South America. Now looking to return to Europe for family reasons. Spain is my preferrred location because of the language and the weather. Anybody have an opinion on the best part of Spain to start looking.

My budget is reasononable, I work on-line so no work issues . Prefer small towns to cities. I have young wife & children. Would like to be near the coast for sailing scuba beaches etc and near to a friendly ex-pat community. I know what I'm looking for but its a big country and I need a few suggestions.
Hi,
I would suggest the southern part of Spain (Andalsusia), and I think it would suit you with some smaller town on the Costa del Sol.
For instance: San Pedro de Alcantara, Istán, Ojén, Coín or Alhaurin el Grande.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

I'll chip in with the Costa de la Luz, may be El Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz, Rota. Take a look at this video about the Costa de la Luz and see what you think!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where to Live?

Originally Posted by pablosho
I'll chip in with the Costa de la Luz, may be El Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz, Rota. Take a look at this video about the Costa de la Luz and see what you think!
Have a look at Ayamonte Costa del la Luz.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Nic43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all. It is helpful to have a starting point. I would probably not have considered the Costa de la Luz but it looks interesting and now you mention it I remember visiting Cadiz in the 70's and being very taken with the place.

Thanks again

Last edited by Nic43; Mar 19th 2011 at 5:34 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Do you plan to send your children to a Spanish school or British/International school?
Old Mar 19th 2011, 5:44 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Have a look at Ayamonte Costa del la Luz.
only brits who have never been to any where in spain or experanced the better places, go to ayamonte
Old Mar 19th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
only brits who have never been to any where in spain or experanced the better places, go to ayamonte
That is an appalling statement, I wonder what you base your opinion on ? what was your experience of Ayamonte ?
Old Mar 19th 2011, 7:50 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
That is an appalling statement, I wonder what you base your opinion on ? what was your experience of Ayamonte ?
what has it got going for its self.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:59 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
what has it got going for its self.
Quite a lot according to the people who live there. You know it well then?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Mojácar is a good place - reasonably far away and quiet.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:12 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic43

I would stick with the Caribbean

An 8 page supplement on St Kitts in yesterdays Telegraph. Invest $350,000 in a property or whatever and you get residency, right to work, no taxes such as inheritance tax etc. 2 flights a week to London with BA.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:14 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t feel like facing the firing squad this morning, so I won’t mention the place where I and 100,000 other expats have chosen to live. It lies halfway between Alicante and San Javier airport and has four blue flag beaches.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:52 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I don’t feel like facing the firing squad this morning, so I won’t mention the place where I and 100,000 other expats have chosen to live. It lies halfway between Alicante and San Javier airport and has four blue flag beaches.
SSHHHHHH I know where you mean but I wont let on that it is

TORREVIEJA or Torreveccia as it is often called

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.