Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where to find rental property? What are spanish classifieds?

Where to find rental property? What are spanish classifieds?

Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to find rental property? What are spanish classifieds?

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
What the hell language is that
DSB.
Hey it's a bit muddled, but kind of makes sense. You should be more polite at least some people are trying!

At least they did better than the Community of Madrid's adverts to promote bilingual Spanish/English schools. Anyone see the "Yes we want" campaign? I wouldnt trust them to teach my kids English
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

lol !!!!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cricketman
Hey it's a bit muddled, but kind of makes sense. You should be more polite at least some people are trying!
It was a joke, you know - Humor right
DSB.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

At least they did better than the Community of Madrid's adverts to promote bilingual Spanish/English schools. Anyone see the "Yes we want" campaign? I wouldnt trust them to teach my kids English
that was hilarious - sad in a way too
It was a joke, you know - Humor right
DSB.
that's what the Community of Madrid tried to claim

well, not a joke exactly - more a play on words
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
i think we all know the language, but the sentence may be a little wrong
That depends on what the 'una' refers to.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Where to find rental property? What are spanish classifieds?

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
"Elspeth" - I haven't heard than name since College
DSB.

Last edited by bealerDSB; Apr 18th 2010 at 12:02 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

"Elspeth" - I haven't heard than name since College
DSB.
How was your Una referred to by you? My brother fancied Una Stubbs!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:04 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Totally lost, are you talking about giving one one?

Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JLFS
Totally lost, are you talking about giving one one?

Sorry I thought you were talking about the name Una not Elspeth which is Scottish for Elizabeth. No I'm too old.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:36 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I thought you were talking about the name Una not Elspeth which is Scottish for Elizabeth. No I'm too old.
I thought they were taliking about the Spanish word una, feminine article (not knickers or bra type article).

But I dont know where the word is in the thread and what it refers to, shall we just give up Elspeth, before we go bonkers?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tigerpoeton
Gracias, hemos estado mirando una, así que, ¿Es esa la principal?
This is where the Una came from. I wanted to know what it referred to and also what la principal referred to as someone else was making a fool of the Spanish.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:58 pm
Banned

This is where the Una came from. I wanted to know what it referred to and also what la principal referred to as someone else was making a fool of the Spanish.
I see now, you have quoted the original quote.

I am not going to stick my neck out on any Spanish words, I have tried in the past and been misunderstood and been given a verbal bashing.

Anyone who gives an opinion on that subject (Spanish) is a braver man than me
Old Apr 18th 2010, 3:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I see now, you have quoted the original quote.

I am not going to stick my neck out on any Spanish words, I have tried in the past and been misunderstood and been given a verbal bashing.

Anyone who gives an opinion on that subject (Spanish) is a braver man than me
And what would you know about proper Espanol ?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
And what would you know about proper Espanol ?
Do you mean español?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:14 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean español?
Some people call it castellano.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.