British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   where to eat (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/where-eat-656316/)

simon2129 Feb 23rd 2010 6:46 pm

where to eat

Mrs King and i have just returned from a meal in Benalmadena,a simple meal,a nice meal,a beautiful meal ,this is where the problem starts .The hosts were vacant ,thick and lacking in any form of diatribe,is there anywhere left in Spain where we can have a nice meal with light banter and hosts that genuinely love to have you frequent there premises .Mrs King says i should not expect many replies .Thank you JuJu and Mrs King:fingerscrossed:

jdr Feb 23rd 2010 6:54 pm

Re: where to eat

Originally Posted by simon2129 (Post 8368679)
Mrs King and i have just returned from a meal in Benalmadena,a simple meal,a nice meal,a beautiful meal ,this is where the problem starts .The hosts were vacant ,thick and lacking in any form of diatribe,is there anywhere left in Spain where we can have a nice meal with light banter and hosts that genuinely love to have you frequent there premises .Mrs King says i should not expect many replies .Thank you JuJu and Mrs King:fingerscrossed:

Try The Sandpiper along the coast a bit further in Los Bolitches, if Andy is working you will get all the banter you need.

lynnxa Feb 23rd 2010 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by simon2129 (Post 8368679)

why would you want a diatribe?

di·a·tribe
   /ˈdaɪəˌtraɪb/ Show Spelled[dahy-uh-trahyb] Show IPA
–noun
a bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism: repeated diatribes against the senator.
Use diatribe in a Sentence
See images of diatribe
Search diatribe on the Web
Origin:
1575–85; < L diatriba < Gk diatribḗ pastime, study, discourse, deriv. of diatríbein to rub away (dia- dia- + tríbein to rub)

—Synonyms
tirade, harangue.
from here

simon2129 Feb 23rd 2010 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8368706)
Try The Sandpiper along the coast a bit further in Los Bolitches, if Andy is working you will get all the banter you need.

i will certainly give this a try Thank you:thumbup:

dancing queen Feb 23rd 2010 9:54 pm

I went to the new restaurant that has opened just 2 weeks ago in calahonda. Its called " Ribs and Roo " and specializes in honey smoked barbequed stlye ribs and fresh kangaroo steaks, not very good if you are a vegetarian !! The experience is exactly the same as when i was living and working in Perth....the waiters and waitresses literaly " BOUNCE and HOP " to take your order and do the same when they bring your food and drinks...heaven knows how they manage to get it to the table all intact, but what an enjoyable experience, highly reccommended. Oh nearly forgot...who remembers the Umbongo juice drink ???? well they sell it at Ribs and Roo. I had a two for one cocktail offer and drank the cocktail of the day which was the himalayan-rubber-jack-juice, yummy. I couldnt manage a dessert but my partner had the didgery doo dongers, this place is going to be crowded in the coming months, its off the beaten track but i will be a regular. ( hope this isnt classed as advertising )

fionamw Feb 24th 2010 5:03 am

Originally Posted by dancing queen (Post 8369215)
<snip> ( hope this isnt classed as advertising )

Hardly.:sneaky:

cricketman Feb 24th 2010 9:49 am

Originally Posted by fionamw (Post 8370076)
Hardly.:sneaky:

And that description will make people go there? Sounds like a version of hell :blink:

rugbymatt Feb 24th 2010 12:02 pm

I went to the new restaurant that has opened just 2 weeks ago in calahonda. Its called " Ribs and Roo " and specializes in honey smoked barbequed stlye ribs and fresh kangaroo steaks, not very good if you are a vegetarian !! The experience is exactly the same as when i was living and working in Perth....the waiters and waitresses literaly " BOUNCE and HOP " to take your order and do the same when they bring your food and drinks...heaven knows how they manage to get it to the table all intact, but what an enjoyable experience, highly reccommended. Oh nearly forgot...who remembers the Umbongo juice drink ???? well they sell it at Ribs and Roo. I had a two for one cocktail offer and drank the cocktail of the day which was the himalayan-rubber-jack-juice, yummy. I couldnt manage a dessert but my partner had the didgery doo dongers, this place is going to be crowded in the coming months, its off the beaten track but i will be a regular. ( hope this isnt classed as advertising )

You were in Perth eh....hmmmm.... interesting, very interesting.

jdr Feb 24th 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 8370828)
You were in Perth eh....hmmmm.... interesting, very interesting.

Lot of reincarnation about this time of year.

jackytoo Feb 24th 2010 3:48 pm

Is it catching:rofl:

rugbymatt Feb 24th 2010 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8371404)
Lot of reincarnation about this time of year.

Persistent little bugger eh?

simon2129 Feb 24th 2010 5:59 pm

Thanks DQ ,Mrs King and I have already tried Ribs and Roo ,however the bouncing and hopping was rather too much ,but thank you for your recommendation

AdrianTO Feb 24th 2010 6:07 pm

I went to the new restaurant that has opened just 2 weeks ago in calahonda. Its called " Ribs and Roo " )

I give this place a year, at the most.

simon2129 Feb 24th 2010 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by AdrianTO (Post 8371813)
I give this place a year, at the most.

I quite agree,I really did not appreciate waiters ¨Bouncing ¨to my table with my ribs.:ohmy:

dancing queen Feb 24th 2010 9:35 pm

How utterly miserable you all appear to be.....HELLO everybody but are you all aware that we are mid-crisis and these guys are offering reasonably priced,excellent quality food and entertainment not to mention jobs. Lighten up and treat yourselves, if only to a carton of Um-bongo. You all need to give your heads a shake and get real. I have never seen so many happy people.....is this such a bad thing ??? I dont think so