British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   where to eat (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/where-eat-656316/)

jackytoo Feb 24th 2010 9:42 pm

Re: where to eat

Originally Posted by AdrianTO (Post 8371813)
I give this place a year, at the most.

As long as that:)

AdrianTO Feb 24th 2010 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by dancing queen (Post 8372506)
How utterly miserable you all appear to be.....HELLO everybody but are you all aware that we are mid-crisis and these guys are offering reasonably priced,excellent quality food and entertainment not to mention jobs. Lighten up and treat yourselves, if only to a carton of Um-bongo. You all need to give your heads a shake and get real. I have never seen so many happy people.....is this such a bad thing ??? I dont think so

Hardly. I have been mostly supportive of people who have come on here and said they wanted to start a business in Spain. But, let's see:

- Off the beaten track
- Gimmicky concept
- Unfamiliar foods

Who is this place targeting? You think the Spanish are going to suddenly start lining up to eat kangaroo steaks served by hopping waiters? I hope it survives, but I doubt it.

sensationalfrog Feb 25th 2010 1:09 am

flame me if you want,but try the marina bar on the port,good home cooked food,cheap,and good service,but only go on sun/tue/thurs and sat when the service improves as my wife works then
if you want a good steak go ponchos
good breakfasts in fuengirola,plan b and fools and horses
if you want to know where not to go(more important imho)i could tell you 50 places alone in fuengirola,probably not allowed to tho

dancing queen Feb 25th 2010 10:57 pm

Ponchos is fantastic, very good Argentinian steak, i do find the fact that you dont get anything served with it unless you order potatoes, mushrooms etc and pay additional charges rather tiresome but yes i agree ponchos is superb. Please dont dismiss Ribs and Roo until you have tried it......as for the comment about the Spainish going......well there is no chance you are correct, they are so damned boring, loud, corrupt, ignorant species of mankind that they wouldnt recognize a good bounce if they fell over it, the only bounce they know are cheques :rofl: They certainly wouldnt appriciate a carton of Um-bongo. ( bunch of third world peasants !! )

rugbymatt Feb 26th 2010 6:34 am

Originally Posted by dancing queen (Post 8375762)
Ponchos is fantastic, very good Argentinian steak, i do find the fact that you dont get anything served with it unless you order potatoes, mushrooms etc and pay additional charges rather tiresome but yes i agree ponchos is superb. Please dont dismiss Ribs and Roo until you have tried it......as for the comment about the Spainish going......well there is no chance you are correct, they are so damned boring, loud, corrupt, ignorant species of mankind that they wouldnt recognize a good bounce if they fell over it, the only bounce they know are cheques :rofl: They certainly wouldnt appriciate a carton of Um-bongo. ( bunch of third world peasants !! )

Well done, seriously, well done... you come along to recommend somewhere we all suspect you have a connection with and you go and do this! Well done.

cricketman Feb 26th 2010 8:47 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 8376609)
Well done, seriously, well done... you come along to recommend somewhere we all suspect you have a connection with and you go and do this! Well done.

Don't worry, dancing queen is clearly crazy as a loon :rofl:

I wish her every success in the battle with her sanity :thumbsup:

sensationalfrog Feb 26th 2010 9:18 pm

i doubt she has a connection with ponchos,i know the owners and they dont really need help getting people in

Aussie30 Feb 26th 2010 9:41 pm

Is this a joke or is there actually a place called 'Ribs and Roo'? I find that quite hilarious!:rofl:

simon2129 Feb 27th 2010 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie30 (Post 8378290)
Is this a joke or is there actually a place called 'Ribs and Roo'? I find that quite hilarious!:rofl:

On a serious note Mrs King and I went to ribs and roo this morning for breakfast,Mrs king had the boomerang breakfast and to be honest it has been coming back all day due to the amount of onions they use,and by the way DQ i am not amused that they hop to our table with both legs tied together(Health and Safety):thumbdown:

jdr Feb 27th 2010 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by simon2129 (Post 8379858)
On a serious note Mrs King and I went to ribs and roo this morning for breakfast,Mrs king had the boomerang breakfast and to be honest it has been coming back all day due to the amount of onions they use,and by the way DQ i am not amused that they hop to our table with both legs tied together(Health and Safety):thumbdown:

Did you try the kangaroo testicle scrambled eggs ?

Jur Feb 27th 2010 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8380052)
Did you try the kangaroo testicle scrambled eggs ?

I donĀ“t think they had the balls for it.