Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

where to buy in spain

where to buy in spain

Old Oct 2nd 2015, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

bomkaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to buy in spain

Hi if we wanted to buy a property in Spain for around £60k where should we buy we would like it to be in a area with plenty of bars restaurants and a good expat community we are in our 50s and the hotter the weather the better also a rental income would be nice where is warmest in the winter and what could we expect and where for £60k any advice greatly appreciated
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to buy in spain

1. The warmest and driest temperatures in mainland Spain are in Costa Almeria. The temps are warmer again in the Canary Islands.
2. I reckon you could buy an apartment (2 bedrooms) in Garrucha for around £60k. You might be lucky and pick up an apartment in Mojacar Playa for the same amount. But, you get what you pay for. Remember, the first rule of buying property in Spain is that you can resell easily if necessary.
3. Unlike summer, winter/spring rentals are difficult to come by. The punter has plenty of choice and perhaps you would be prudent not to factor in rental income in the off season?
4. When you arrive in Spain ensure you don't leave your brains at the airport.
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

the first rule of buying property in Spain is that you can resell easily if necessary.
I resisted earlier but have to ask, which planet is your version of Spain on ?

It is easier to get rid of H**pes than property in Spain. Ask anyone who is trying. Unless they are extremely fortunate that is.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 8:38 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203

It is easier to get rid of H**pes than property in Spain. Ask anyone who is trying. Unless they are extremely fortunate that is.
I think he meant "make sure you can resell easily ..." but that is still easier said than done.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

Costa Blanca, Cabo or Campomoa. 20mins from San Javier airport or 40 from Alicante. Sunny in winter (although Jan and Feb can be a bit nippy) but no snow like the inland communities. Open all year round and if you hurry for £60k you will still get a Two bed two bath house forget an apartment. GL with wherever you end up but if you do end up in CB let me know.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203

HowYa Lyric?

I know you meant well. And you're right, property is difficult to shift in Spain. However, there are pockets of properties in demand. You just have to find them, but they're there.

I have the greatest sympathy for those who cannot sell their "investment."
Old Oct 5th 2015, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the first rule about buying property in Spain is make sure it is legal, the second should be make sure there are no outstanding charges attached to it, then and only then think about buying where you can sell easy i.e Madrid or other major urban areas
Old Oct 11th 2015, 2:57 pm
Banned

rupert.b is an unknown quantity at this point

The important question is whether you want to buy a property in Spain in order to settle there (retire, for instance) or you are planning to resell it and return home at some point? EU property crisis means great investment opportunities, and Spain (both mainland and offshore) still offers a good value for money..
I believe Spanish Canaries, particularly Tenerife, are still very attractive taking into account the whole range of benefits you get buying a property there (taxes, health care, climatic conditions, culture, infrastructures, etc.).

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2015 at 5:01 pm. Reason: Looks very spammy
Old Oct 13th 2015, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Blacky1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Torrevieja nice area 24-34 degrees last week and la mata is a nice area on the Beach.and san luis 10 mins from beach . Just bought a place for €44,000 two bedroom apartment in the complex cheers mark
Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blacky1966
Torrevieja nice area 24-34 degrees last week and la mata is a nice area on the Beach.and san luis 10 mins from beach . Just bought a place for €44,000 two bedroom apartment in the complex cheers mark
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leper
1. The warmest and driest temperatures in mainland Spain are in Costa Almeria. The temps are warmer again in the Canary Islands.
2. I reckon you could buy an apartment (2 bedrooms) in Garrucha for around £60k. You might be lucky and pick up an apartment in Mojacar Playa for the same amount. But, you get what you pay for. Remember, the first rule of buying property in Spain is that you can resell easily if necessary.
3. Unlike summer, winter/spring rentals are difficult to come by. The punter has plenty of choice and perhaps you would be prudent not to factor in rental income in the off season?
4. When you arrive in Spain ensure you don't leave your brains at the airport.
Our place has been on the market for 2 years, everyone reckons the price is right at 40% less than we paid.............. The low end <40k and the high end <500K are moving but the stuff in the middle!!!!!
There are plenty of 2 bed 50sqm places for your budget in Benalmadena Costa and loads of year round expats...
Check out Fotocasa and Milanuncios to name but 2.
Good luck.
M

Last edited by Maybe1day; Oct 23rd 2015 at 7:38 am.