Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Whats the weather like where you are?

Whats the weather like where you are?

Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whats the weather like where you are?

Originally Posted by Lush
[COLOR="Navy"]Sharon

Read your updates about the weather on a regular basis as it just reminds me how beautiful Aymonte is and I can picture the blue skies even when looking out on grey clouds in the UK.

We are out in 10 days so will look forward to the updates, thank you.[/COLOR]
Hopefully there will not be any extreme change of weather then.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Just a quick post to inform Steve (Steve/Pat) that it has been a delightful week of 16 degrees early morning to mid/late 20s during the day with beautiful clear skies. Not bad for the last week of October, much better then last year and it was forecasted to rain!! So it should be a lovely Bank Holiday here.
Thanks Sharon! We'll try not to get upset. It's horrible here - wet and windy, dark mornings and evenings and I'm thoroughly fed up! Pat
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Well I guess it served me right for boasting. The last 4, 5 days have been very cloudy and with that wind it seems to feel a lot colder. It has been reaching 19 degrees during the day but with the sun tucked away behind the clouds it feels chillier. I suppose shouldn't complain there hasn't been any rain and in the mornings the coldest it has been yet is about 12 degrees but the sudden change of temperature from the heat of last month wants me putting the central heating on, only problem is that we don't have it here

I can just see Steve rubbing his hands with glee!!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:07 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

A total of 15 provinces, mostly along the Cantabrian coast and the Mediterranean are on Orange Alert because of the wind, generally NW. A further 22 are on Yellow Alert including Costa del Sol and other holiday coasts.

The provinces on Orange Alert for wind and rough seas are Murcia, Alicante, Castellón, Valencia, Baleares (Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca, Formentera), Girona (mostly in el Ampurdán), Tarragona, Guipúzcoa, Vizcaya, Cantabria, Asturias, A Coruña, Lugo and Pontevedra.

There is also an Orange Alert in Navarra because of the risk of heavy snowfalls. The snow line in the Pyrenees will fall to 800 metres. Elsewhere in the north it will be between 1000 and 1500 metres.

Its sunny in my part of the UK
Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
A total of 15 provinces, mostly along the Cantabrian coast and the Mediterranean are on Orange Alert because of the wind, generally NW. A further 22 are on Yellow Alert including Costa del Sol and other holiday coasts.

The provinces on Orange Alert for wind and rough seas are Murcia, Alicante, Castellón, Valencia, Baleares (Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca, Formentera), Girona (mostly in el Ampurdán), Tarragona, Guipúzcoa, Vizcaya, Cantabria, Asturias, A Coruña, Lugo and Pontevedra.

There is also an Orange Alert in Navarra because of the risk of heavy snowfalls. The snow line in the Pyrenees will fall to 800 metres. Elsewhere in the north it will be between 1000 and 1500 metres.

Its sunny in my part of the UK
Sunny and 24c here now. ;-) ;-)
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Marymaccy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Whats the weather like where you are?

Another sunny day in Ayamonte, but since we have been here (one week) everybody has been telling us how cold it is......errr not! Folks that live here all year round are softened up..... it might be worth nipping home for a couple of days to get back to the real world. We watched the football last night from Barnsley - great to see the steam rising from the players as they ran around and yelled at each other - it was obviously a chilly night in South Yorkshire!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

You are right we have gone soft but when summers are nearly 40 degrees a mere 12 degrees seems freezing to us, thats a massive drop in temperature. The locals have already got their scarves and winter coats out. And don't you start threatening us about going back to the UK, the mere thought sends shivers down my spine!!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Well I guess it served me right for boasting.:

I can just see Steve rubbing his hands with glee!!
Actually, the only reason I'm rubbing my hands is because it is getting colder here - although just at the moment it is still so foggy I can barely see the hills out of the window.

Steve
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:20 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, It´s gone cold, stone cold. It must have been freezing last night ´cause there was a sheet of frost on the cars! (7:00). By the time I got to Huelva at 08:00 temperature metre said 0 degrees Celsius..... Brrrrrrrr
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
Well, It´s gone cold, stone cold. It must have been freezing last night ´cause there was a sheet of frost on the cars! (7:00). By the time I got to Huelva at 08:00 temperature metre said 0 degrees Celsius..... Brrrrrrrr
Yes, freezing this morning. Lets hope it doesn't get any colder, hoped I wouldn't need to use the de-icer for the car again this year!! On the plus side the house actually felt warmer walking in for a change, usually outside is warmer!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, freezing this morning. Lets hope it doesn't get any colder, hoped I wouldn't need to use the de-icer for the car again this year!! On the plus side the house actually felt warmer walking in for a change, usually outside is warmer!!
Dropped to 5c here overnight, colder than a well diggers arse, but 26c in the sun this afternoon.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Ears332205 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Whats the weather like where you are?

Blue sky but cold...............roll on Christmas.

Hope the snow comes to sunny Glasgow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:48 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily it did not get any colder, but it did start to rain....
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

In Fareham, Hants.

Minus 3.5 @ 8 this morning & it's only 3.5 now (2pm)

Global warming, oh sorry, climate change.

But at least it's not raining or windy, but it is getting dark already.

Soon be summer
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

-2C here and snowing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.