Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Whats the best action to take?

Whats the best action to take?

Old Apr 5th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

ANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enoughANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enough
Default Whats the best action to take?

Hi everyone,
i wonder if anyone can help me with the next step i should take?

To cut along story short i am living in Canada now but i own a house in Coin.
Had no choice but to rent it out and thought we had found an ideal British couple!!
Well we were so wrong- they are out now after a stuggle-after failing to pay their rent since last year and they have also stolen half the contents of my house.

What can i do to get my stuff back? They even took the 4 gas bottles!

Thanks Angela
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:17 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the best action to take?

I cannot help you with what legal steps you can take regarding these despicable people but wanted to wish you good luck in sorting out the situation. After reading loads of things on this forum I understand that the law here is very slow and labourious. I am sure that someone with experience will give you some sound advice soon.

Rosemary
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

ANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enoughANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I cannot help you with what legal steps you can take regarding these despicable people but wanted to wish you good luck in sorting out the situation. After reading loads of things on this forum I understand that the law here is very slow and labourious. I am sure that someone with experience will give you some sound advice soon.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary,
The people have a restaurant in Alhaurin el Grande and i thought they were respectable - they have lived in Spain for nearly 30 years - conning honest hard working Brits along the way.
They stole some sentimentle items and i feel other people should be made aware.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:31 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANGELA YOUNG
Thanks Rosemary,
The people have a restaurant in Alhaurin el Grande and i thought they were respectable - they have lived in Spain for nearly 30 years - conning honest hard working Brits along the way.
They stole some sentimentle items and i feel other people should be made aware.
The legal process is to get an Abogado first. He will then create a denuncia which can either be lodged with the (national) police or better still, at the courts.

You can then choose to take legal action through the courts, or not.

I have recently done this and must warn you that it is VERY expensive!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:31 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angela. Why don't you post this on andalucia dot com's forum. There are may posters on there from that area (AEG/Coin) who may be able to help or at least may benefit from the warning.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Had no choice but to rent it out and thought we had found an ideal British couple!!
Well we were so wrong- they are out now after a stuggle-after failing to pay their rent since last year and they have also stolen half the contents of my house.

Thanks Angela
Im sure the legal process would be very very slow, can you not pay them a visit ? or get someone else too ?
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:09 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
The legal process is to get an Abogado first. He will then create a denuncia which can either be lodged with the (national) police or better still, at the courts.

You can then choose to take legal action through the courts, or not.

I have recently done this and must warn you that it is VERY expensive!
I could be wrong, but apparently not only is it very expensive, it can takes ages/years and I believe that you cant have the keys(they have to be lodged with the abogado??) to the property while its in dispute.

To sue them you have to have a forwarding address tho dont you??? Or maybe the Restaurant address would be enough?? I´m dying to ask which restaurant it is cos I live near Alhaurin El Grande, but I dont think its polically correct to broadcast it on an open forum!!

Jo
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
I could be wrong, but apparently not only is it very expensive, it can takes ages/years and I believe that you cant have the keys(they have to be lodged with the abogado??) to the property while its in dispute.

To sue them you have to have a forwarding address tho dont you??? Or maybe the Restaurant address would be enough?? I´m dying to ask which restaurant it is cos I live near Alhaurin El Grande, but I dont think its polically correct to broadcast it on an open forum!!

Jo
Lets just say Crazy by name and by nature - you can work it out from there!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

Thanks Angela
These people have a formidable reputation for resolving this type of debt issue

http://www.elcobradordelfrac.com/

I know a client for who they chased down 45K€ from a spanish builder and he paid up in only 11 weeks!!!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:24 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo

Jo
Yes it can take ages but you do get the use of the property in the mean time (so you have the keys). What you can't do is to sell it and the escritura must be logged with the courts.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

I have some friends in Coin and they have got me in touch with an letting Agent (Should have used him in the first place)
We will rent it again for another 11 months and see if things improve - selling wise.
Thankyou for all your help everyone.
Spain has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth - crooks left righ and centre - thats why i had to leave the place.
I trusted the people and treated them well - i didnt take a damages deposit or rent upfront (Stupid i know) and they have repaid me by ripping me off and stealing from me.
The people look like my Gran and Grandad - all that glitters eh!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I have some friends in Coin and they have got me in touch with an letting Agent (Should have used him in the first place)
We will rent it again for another 11 months and see if things improve - selling wise.
Thankyou for all your help everyone.
Spain has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth - crooks left righ and centre - thats why i had to leave the place.
I trusted the people and treated them well - i didnt take a damages deposit or rent upfront (Stupid i know) and they have repaid me by ripping me off and stealing from me.
The people look like my Gran and Grandad - all that glitters eh!
Get someone to go to the restaurant and get a severe case of Ghandi`s revenge and advertise the fact locally.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:50 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We know a couple who are trying to get their property back after letting a 'friend' live in it while they were still living in England and waiting until retirement to move over to Spain. When they were ready to move over they contacted the person and made all the arrangements, turned up at the gate, with removal van and when they attempted to open the gate the woman came out and threatened them with dogs and told them to leave 'her' property This person is still in their home refusing to move out, has even got 'legal' rights to live in the property and although they are taking her through the court system it is costing them dearly and there still is not a definite promise they will get their property back. She has also taken in many stray dogs and cats and the place is a mess. They, in the meantime, are having to rent

You are lucky to have got your tenants out of the property. If I was in yo
ur situation I wouldn't be able to stop myself from going to their restaurant and speaking to them, if only to get the personal items back. It's despicable!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lionda
We know a couple who are trying to get their property back after letting a 'friend' live in it while they were still living in England and waiting until retirement to move over to Spain. When they were ready to move over they contacted the person and made all the arrangements, turned up at the gate, with removal van and when they attempted to open the gate the woman came out and threatened them with dogs and told them to leave 'her' property This person is still in their home refusing to move out, has even got 'legal' rights to live in the property and although they are taking her through the court system it is costing them dearly and there still is not a definite promise they will get their property back. She has also taken in many stray dogs and cats and the place is a mess. They, in the meantime, are having to rent

You are lucky to have got your tenants out of the property. If I was in yo
ur situation I wouldn't be able to stop myself from going to their restaurant and speaking to them, if only to get the personal items back. It's despicable!
Yes i would love to go to Alhaurin and visit them but i live in Canada.Shame for your friends though.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:59 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i would love to go to Alhaurin and visit them but i live in Canada.Shame for your friends though.
Ahhh yes, bit difficult then - in that case......take jdr's advice I hope they go out of business and lose a lot of money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.