Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What are you doing this summer?

What are you doing this summer?

Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you doing this summer?

Originally Posted by licinius
I had a couple of holidays in Broadhaven as a kid, then went back years later to work at the Texaco refinery.
Texaco as it was, as we knew it! Then Chevron, just been bought out last week by Valero Energy.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:23 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Ok, yes I know the area. More Begelly way? I'm not from here originally, but have been here a looooong time, and no intention of moving now. Well, I am, but less than a mile from where I am now.
National Geographic recently voted Pembrokeshire the second best coastal destination in the world.
Only the second?

Was Cardigan Bay the first?
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The important thing is to make sure that you visit all of the places that you can and enjoy your life, no-one knows what is around the corner so make the most of it whilst you can.

Rosemary
Never a truer word spoken. We have just lost a very close friend who had intended to retire to his house here in Spain later this year, sadly he died without being able to realise his dream. He had been dithering about retiring early, afraid that he might run out of money - he ran out of time instead, poor guy.

My own mother died at 63 which made me determined not to keep slogging away until I reached 60 in order to build up more pension that I might not be around to enjoy. I packed in my job when I was 50 and moved out here, and haven't regretted it for a single day.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:20 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Never a truer word spoken. We have just lost a very close friend who had intended to retire to his house here in Spain later this year, sadly he died without being able to realise his dream. He had been dithering about retiring early, afraid that he might run out of money - he ran out of time instead, poor guy.

My own mother died at 63 which made me determined not to keep slogging away until I reached 60 in order to build up more pension that I might not be around to enjoy. I packed in my job when I was 50 and moved out here, and haven't regretted it for a single day.
Agreed...we had a friend who, when he heard we were taking early retirement and moving to Spain, finally made his own decision to sell his busines, retire early and move to Portugal. He had two years there and dropped dead suddenly at the age of 61.

But at least he had his two years.

Do it while you can.