Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What would you do ?

What would you do ?

Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:50 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: What would you do ?

Best I could mange.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Best I could mange.
I think thats the end of the tail don't you?
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:03 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Its a dog eat dog world.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding animals from a Spanish point-of-view, no we don't have regard to animals as much as Brits do. I don't know why, but it's just the way it is. I would love to see a bullfight one day

I guess one thing you could say to your neighbors is:

Permiso Don/Doña (insert name here) pero su problema con sus perros es simplemente que ustedes no les están llevando para caminitos de ven y cuando. Eso es todo que sus perros quieren por eso siempre están ladrando todo el día (Excuse me Mr./Mrs. [name here] but your problems are simply that you don't take your dogs out on little walks every now and then. That's all that your dogs want that's why they're always barking day in and day out)

Last edited by chrisfromusa; Nov 30th 2009 at 3:51 am.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:49 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Regarding animals from a Spanish point-of-view, no we don't have regard to animals as much as Brits do. I don't know why, but it's just the way it is. I would love to see a bullfight one day
EH?

Now you are Spanish as well????

What??
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:51 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa

I guess one thing you could say to your neighbors is:

Permiso Don/Doña (insert name here) pero su problema con sus perros es simplemente que ustedes no les están llevando para caminitos de ven y cuando. Eso es todo que sus perros quieren por eso siempre están ladrando todo el día (Excuse me Mr./Mrs. [name here] but your problems are simply that you don't take your dogs out on little walks every now and then. That's all that your dogs want that's why they're always barking day in and day out)
Well thank you, at least that's 3 people that have actually got the point.

I think it's going to be a case of taking the bull by the horns, as they say & going for it.
I am not whingeing about the barking, I would like to help them
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

I don't know if taking your neighbours dogs out would help or not. One of my brothers had a dog. He would walk the dog to the end of the road and back (less than 100 metres). The dog would misbehave and could not be let off the lead at all.
I started taking the dog for much longer walks and trained him to walk next to me and without pulling on the lead and eventually to walk without the lead. I could easily control his behaviour but he still misbehaved with my brother and parents though and they could never let him off the lead.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warren d
I don't know if taking your neighbours dogs out would help or not. One of my brothers had a dog. He would walk the dog to the end of the road and back (less than 100 metres). The dog would misbehave and could not be let off the lead at all.
I started taking the dog for much longer walks and trained him to walk next to me and without pulling on the lead and eventually to walk without the lead. I could easily control his behaviour but he still misbehaved with my brother and parents though and they could never let him off the lead.
So you're the alpha male, Warren!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by montgomail
So you're the alpha male, Warren!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warren d