Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What shops do you miss in spain

What shops do you miss in spain

Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What shops do you miss in spain

Originally Posted by cidshock
So it would seem a Card shop would be in order then! Just cards none of those tacky mugs or fluffy things.
Loads of cards around Benalmedena area, at least 3 stalls in Tivoli Market alone, about 1€-2€ a card.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

ROD PEMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cidshock
So it would seem a Card shop would be in order then! Just cards none of those tacky mugs or fluffy things.
My few was , cards,banners helium balloons. I will admit I hate fluffy bunnies and mugs saying the world best dad.
I would like to thank people for putting their thoughts up on the board. If u tell me what sort of thing ex-patts want. I hope to try to set something up overthere in the near future.Well get 1 last wet and cold british xmas out the way.
Then hopefully the next time I spend more than 2 weeks in the uk is buried in a nice little church in the middle of no-where . In the place I grew up.
Cheers People. Rod
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:15 pm
mr cid

cidshock is an unknown quantity at this point

You never know three might be a market for those fluffy things. Hell what about those tacky things with ure name on, u never know!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I am about 170 kms from Benalmadena so would be a rather eapensive trip for a few 2euro cards, print my own from now on I think. Pink fluffy things does conjure up all sorts of things!!!!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

you can get cards from all the "country markets" and smaller car boot sales around alhaurin/coin/cartama ... they sell the boxes of cards for like €2.50 around here.. bargin if u ask me. they sell cards in the two english newsagents in alhaurin, and i know there is an english card shop in coin.

sweets, you can buy them online (dont expect quick delivery, i waited 2 months for a 28 quid order...) and i know there is a sweet shop in coin and others in nerja, torrimilions and fuengerola.

theres bakery´s, pie and mash, english meat shops, mobile butchers, entertainment companies...

you need to do your research before you throw your money into something...

best thing to do would be to concentrate on an area, one town, or even go mobile to get the best return on an investment.

what can you do ? what are you qualified for ?
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:01 am
Just Joined

ROD PEMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

What am I qualified in. I am a carpet cleaner it has been my trade for 15 years and I am pig sick of it. That ain't a great help out there to be honest with u.
The area I want to do something is fuengerola. It has a hi ex-pat comunity and it suppose to be a not to bad area to live.
I was looking at food, but a bar is to high risk and the hours would be extreme. I am not in the mood for that. So my next thought was a sandwich shop, people do eat on the hop so I have not fully ruled that out. There is one for sale in Las Rampas shopping mall.
I am swinging betweena shop selling sweets and cards etc or both.
I am open to all ideas. I wanted to open a lap bar but the wife said no. ( only joking on that idea).
I know this is getting a boring subject by now, but I still need more input.
Thanks to all for ur comments so far. Rod
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROD PEMBER
So my next thought was a sandwich shop, people do eat on the hop so I have not fully ruled that out. There is one for sale in Las Rampas shopping mall.
nbow that is a completly different story...its a "captive audience", and therefore should be a good idea. do you know enough spanish?
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

alifrank1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ROD PEMBER
I was looking at food, but a bar is to high risk and the hours would be extreme. I am not in the mood for that. So my next thought was a sandwich shop, people do eat on the hop so I have not fully ruled that out.
Most people in Spain don't 'eat on the hop'. Even tapas can take an hour to eat a couple of portions with a beer. You need to be very careful about your reasoning. Spain is not like the UK and the ex-pats that are likely to but food in the day will have plenty of time on their hands. Don't expect a sandwich bar like the UK or you will be very disappointed.

Before buying a business in Spain, it would be a good idea to come over for a few months to look at the types of businesses that have survived more than a couple of years.
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 9:30 am
Just Joined

britsinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: What shops do you miss in spain

WH SMITH and Starbucks !