Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What Does New Sky Cards Mean For Spain ?

What Does New Sky Cards Mean For Spain ?

Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Micky007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Does New Sky Cards Mean For Spain ?

Hi,

We just paid for a really big satellite dish to be installed in our villa in Spain (Calpe) so we can get UK TV. We where also hoping to pay an extra fee here in the UK and get Multi-Room from Sky but send the box and card over to Spain so we can watch Sky TV in Spain. Now that Sky are sending new cards out what does this mean? What does the new card change? Would we be able to watch Sky in Spain if we got Multi-Room and sent the box and sky card to Spain?

If you can help me that would be great please.

Thanks !
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:13 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: What Does New Sky Cards Mean For Spain ?

Originally Posted by Micky007
Hi,

We just paid for a really big satellite dish to be installed in our villa in Spain (Calpe) so we can get UK TV. We where also hoping to pay an extra fee here in the UK and get Multi-Room from Sky but send the box and card over to Spain so we can watch Sky TV in Spain. Now that Sky are sending new cards out what does this mean? What does the new card change? Would we be able to watch Sky in Spain if we got Multi-Room and sent the box and sky card to Spain?

If you can help me that would be great please.

Thanks !
Depending on when you subscribed to multi-room. The new subscriptions asks for the 2nd box to be connected to a uk landline for a minimum of 12 months. The card situation is not a problem as when you receive your new card you just change it over with the new one no matter where the box is.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CBANDY
Depending on when you subscribed to multi-room. The new subscriptions asks for the 2nd box to be connected to a uk landline for a minimum of 12 months. The card situation is not a problem as when you receive your new card you just change it over with the new one no matter where the box is.
Ah, we have not ordered Multi-Room yet, but if you need it to be connected to a landline then is it not better for us to order Multi-Room and keep the box connected up here in the UK and buy a Sky Box from eBay and send that and the multi-room sky card to spain? Will that work fine?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:21 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Ah, we have not ordered Multi-Room yet, but if you need it to be connected to a landline then is it not better for us to order Multi-Room and keep the box connected up here in the UK and buy a Sky Box from eBay and send that and the multi-room sky card to spain? Will that work fine?
As far as i know the card must be "married" to the box so it will only work in that box. The sky engineer should do this. One option is to take your old sky box to Spain and leave the multi room one connected in the uk. I am sure sat and pc guy will be along at some point to clarify things. I have a large dish on the costa blanca but only receive the free to air channels. That is enough for us.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CBANDY
As far as i know the card must be "married" to the box so it will only work in that box. The sky engineer should do this. One option is to take your old sky box to Spain and leave the multi room one connected in the uk. I am sure sat and pc guy will be along at some point to clarify things. I have a large dish on the costa blanca but only receive the free to air channels. That is enough for us.
The problem we have is the first box is a Sky HD+ box which we want to keep in the UK. Ok thanks for your help, will wait for the user to said to try and help if he can.

Thank you !
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:07 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Multi-Room will not work in spain via sly system .... need to hock up two telphone line .... you phone id will show up in sly computer system and you get cut off ... while that going in two you bank account and charge full wake . 1 year and then tell you that you breaken there rules ... so sod off ....

muilt box has to be on phone line and both boxes chat to one outher , take box out and with 24 hours the box will ring sly in the uk to tell there some think up
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jurdyr
Multi-Room will not work in spain via sly system .... need to hock up two telphone line .... you phone id will show up in sly computer system and you get cut off ... while that going in two you bank account and charge full wake . 1 year and then tell you that you breaken there rules ... so sod off ....

muilt box has to be on phone line and both boxes chat to one outher , take box out and with 24 hours the box will ring sly in the uk to tell there some think up
Oh, so what is the best way to get Sky in the UK then?

Thanks !
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:46 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, so what is the best way to get Sky in the UK then?

Thanks !
you can get mult room in uk but if you splite the boxes , sly will charge you full price .... on the 2 cards ....

boxes are programed two ring Sly computer every few days to fill them with INFO ..... MULTROOM HAS TO HAVE PHONE LINE .....
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jurdyr
you can get mult room in uk but if you splite the boxes , sly will charge you full price .... on the 2 cards ....

boxes are programed two ring Sly computer every few days to fill them with INFO ..... MULTROOM HAS TO HAVE PHONE LINE .....
Ok, so Multi-Room is no good then for Spain. Thanks for your help !

I guess that only leaves me with to buy a new Sky Subscription but place it as a friends house who doesnt have Sky and doesnt intend to get Sky and just take the box and card to spain?

Thanks !
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:54 pm
Banned

I guess that only leaves me with to buy a new Sky Subscription but place it as a friends house who doesnt have Sky and doesnt intend to get Sky and just take the box and card to spain?

Thanks !
Yes get 2nd sky card , if you have one you house already you get 2nd card , just tell them you dont have a land line at you house

jurdy
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:53 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Thanks !

PCSAT our resident trumpeter will be along soon but in short the address can have many accounts so don't worry about that just make sure the address will forward any Sky cards to you in Spain. You need a UK bank account to pay your subscriptions and re multi room that's a no no here in Spain. You can have two accounts as I have and get HD in one room and Sky plus in say the bedroom.Sky will cut you off if they find out you are in Spain if say you contact them and admit it but they tend you turn a blind eye as there is a vast subscription amount entering their coffers every month and they would hate to lose it but because of copy right agreements with I think Germany re films you should be UK based. As a side issue if you want the best free TV guide on the Web go below and good luck....

http://www.zingzing.co.uk/
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

TilerDon is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell them you are putting your second box in your motorhome, that way they can't expect you to have a phone line but it justifies your wanting a second subscription
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:06 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

yes he is here now.....after a loooooong day out working...

ok,
do not go for sky multiroom if you are wanting to use one of the mutliroom cards at another address (like in spain). all cards and boxes are requireed to be connetced to the uk phone system FOR THE DURATION of the multiroom contract....it is not just 12 months. the 12 months refers to the standard instalation agreement form sky.

if your cards / boxes do not call skys pc back at certain time, you will start to get letters from sky...they will state that if you do not connect all your cards and boxes to the correct phoneline then the second "£10" card will be charged the full subscription - backdated to the first missed call. you will then get phonecalls from sky asking for an engineer to visit to receify the problem with your box not calling back...

you can use any sky card in any sky receiver. they will receive all of the sky "mixes" they will not get skys sports and movie channels as these are "paired" to one box and one box only

if you really want another sky card for use in spain, set up another sky contract, possibly using your own address but "invent" a granny / student flat with the letter "a" or "b" after your house number - you say you have a dish and receive you just need a card (be economical with the truth!).. or use your frinds address...you will obviously also need to contact sky to activate the card in your "second" receiver.

NEVER BUY A SKY CARD FROM FLEABAY!!

new sky cards are being sent out to the addresses on sky database - you will get a message on the screen and that is your first indication your new card / s are in the post. the letter states which new card replaces which old card.

if you have any more questions you can always pm or email me or check out my site - there a few pages covering new cards

New Sky Cards - News

How to change your new Sky card

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 30th 2009 at 5:36 pm.