Reload this Page >

Jaen Province - anyone there?

Jaen Province - anyone there?

Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jaen Province - anyone there?

Hello everyone

I only joined today so forgive me if I make any errors. I moved to Jaen Province just over 2 years ago having moved here from Seville Province. I am the only expat in a village of some 1500 souls. I would love to be involved in email correspondence with anyone else who lives here. To be honest, I'm a bit lonely. Thanks.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jaen Province - anyone there?

Originally Posted by St. John
Hello everyone

I only joined today so forgive me if I make any errors. I moved to Jaen Province just over 2 years ago having moved here from Seville Province. I am the only expat in a village of some 1500 souls. I would love to be involved in email correspondence with anyone else who lives here. To be honest, I'm a bit lonely. Thanks.
I'll be no great help - live nowhere near you but I hate to hear of someone being lonely AND no-one replying to the thread so
Hello St John, welcome, how's life in Jaen (apart from lonely)?
ps we did look at a house up there before buying this, N of Alcala la Real, that's S of the Jaen area isn't it?
don't worry about errors - if they're monumental someone'll put you right & if they're minor don't fret!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:01 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome St John. I´m nowhere near you either as I live on the Costa de la Luz. If you want to chat tell us about your doggie as she/he is so obviously dear to you. I´m also sure that you´ll find that you will have some helpful input to some of the threads that are posted on here.

Take care.

JJ
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jjh
Welcome St John. I´m nowhere near you either as I live on the Costa de la Luz. If you want to chat tell us about your doggie as she/he is so obviously dear to you. I´m also sure that you´ll find that you will have some helpful input to some of the threads that are posted on here.

Take care.

JJ
Thank you Fionamw and jjh. Alcala la Real is about an hour away - it is where I had to go to buy this house as the estate agents were located there.

I moved here from Seville just over 2 years ago - Seville was hell. I lived in a small village with several other expats and their families but a significant number of locals hated us being there - except when we opened our wallets. Damage was done to our houses and cars, my bedroom curtains (ground floor) were set alight one day when I left the window ajar. My neighbours suffered even greater hell, their house was stoned, paint thrown over the windows and the front door attacked with screwdrivers and the like. I decided it was time to move on and even though I have not yet managed to sell the house I had enough in the bank to buy this one in Jaen without the need for a mortgage. Once I had moved in here my neighbours in Seville suffered a massive attack on their house and had to call in the Guardia Civil. The local police, under the direction of the mayor, refused to take any action against the children involved - the mayor told the Policia Locale that he didn't want angry parents in his office every morning complaining that thier little angels were anything else. The Guardia sent 3 English-speaking officers from a station an hour away and they put the fear of God in both the kids and their parents. I understand that they also had a 'quiet word' with the mayor.

Here it is much more quiet and, for the most part, I have no trouble. The male receptionist at the surgery (I am very disabled) is a horrible man and does everything he can to make life difficult. Once he made me go without insulin for 6 days as he refused to accept my prescription request. Now we have Receta Electronica it is much better.

My dog was rescued from the streets in the Seville house. She had been hit by a car and just left in the road with a twisted back and a smashed back leg. It was November and quite cold, so I took her in. The vet said that she was only about 11 months old. 1000 Euros later she was OK and then I gently nursed her back to health. She is now a delightful companion. I have tried to insert a before and after photo of her, but I don't understand the 'URL' bit.

I've rabbited on far too long. Thank you for replying to my thread. - Michael.(the name was already taken when I joined so I have had to use part of my surname).
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:43 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

I moved here from Seville just over 2 years ago - Seville was hell. I lived in a small village with several other expats and their families but a significant number of locals hated us being there - except when we opened our wallets. Damage was done to our houses and cars, my bedroom curtains (ground floor) were set alight one day when I left the window ajar. My neighbours suffered even greater hell, their house was stoned, paint thrown over the windows and the front door attacked with screwdrivers and the like.
Bet I know where that was
Hope you're happier in your new, peaceful home!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Bet I know where that was
Hope you're happier in your new, peaceful home!

Go on then - three guesses.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:24 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.
OK, my guess is 2 words, first word beginning with I, second word beginning with R.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

LOL.
OK, my guess is 2 words, first word beginning with I, second word beginning with R.
Sorry - go to the bottom of the class. You need three words. Thanks for trying.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 2:09 pm
Structural Surveyor

Bummer! In that case, I have no idea and wouldn't like to hazard a further guess because it would be unfounded!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

Bummer! In that case, I have no idea and wouldn't like to hazard a further guess because it would be unfounded!
Oh dear - never mind, it's Sunday - have another glass of Rioja. Come to think about it - you know other people that have suffered that way?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Hello doggy avatar! Obviously worked, then...
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fionamw
Hello doggy avatar! Obviously worked, then...
Yes, thanks. Nice morning at last, let's hope that the campo dries out soon so that she can have a run.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:36 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Hi St. John.

Sorry you had such a bad time in Seville. Kids can be wrotten wherever you are, some are just plain nasty!

We are no where near Jaen, we have a house in Cadiar which we use for the major holidays and all summer.

Much to the bemusment of my sons I have just bought a field beside the river! it will be great for camping.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by eylesda
Hi St. John.

Sorry you had such a bad time in Seville. Kids can be wrotten wherever you are, some are just plain nasty!

We are no where near Jaen, we have a house in Cadiar which we use for the major holidays and all summer.

Much to the bemusment of my sons I have just bought a field beside the river! it will be great for camping.
Work in Saudi, live in Bahrein, holiday in Spain - perhaps I shouldn't have retired! Good luck with the field beside the river - I see a camping site coming on.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:04 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Work in Saudi, live in Bahrein, holiday in Spain - perhaps I shouldn't have retired! Good luck with the field beside the river - I see a camping site coming on.

We plan to retire to Spain in about 5 years or so.
We long since gave up on UK as too wet and miserable, the weather is crap too!
Cadiar is lovely and we are looking forward to spending more time there. The field is a bonus as is really quiet and peaceful. Wife sees us growing lemons, apples and the likes. I see a beer tent.

Her Spanish is great but I end up talking 1/3 English, 1/3 Spanish and 1/3 Arabic so no one has a clue what I'm talking about!

Last trip we took the train from Granada to Madrid. Highly recommend it, fantastic services and scenery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.