Reload this Page >

What does everybody do?

What does everybody do?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What does everybody do?

Originally Posted by sapper
Depends where you live and your outlook on life. There is so much more to do here than uk ,mainly because its affordable.
I could do with a hand Sept, Almond Harvest 500 trees , Nov- Dec Olive harvest 200 trees , winter oranges, Garden 10 months of year. Cutting wood for wood burner, Painting/ Maint of Cortijo, Spanish lessons, meeting friends. fishing, trips in the countryside. The list is endless i am in my fifth year and it seems like yesterday that we drove down from uk.
I would first rent for 6 months and keep property in uk We have an estate agent friend who says if you last 9 months you are normally ok and a lot dont last which financially is a disaster for them.The add on taxes of buying and selling in a falling property market should make anyone cautious.
Dont be put off its a fabulous counrty with wonderful friendly people choose area and friends wisely.
Thanks for that - the mention of a woodburner reminds me of when I had a cottage which had one that did all the central heating and hot water. Trouble was I spent most of my free time chopping wood!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Rhiannon1 will become famous soon enoughRhiannon1 will become famous soon enough

It is amazing how fast the time flies by. It seems like yesterday that we first moved here, it's actually over 3 years ago. Family and friends visit. We have made new friends in our village. We pop out to get the bread and return six hours later. People are so much friendlier here. If you make the effort, even by just saying 'Hola' they appreciate it. We have been invited to weddings, communions, children's birthday parties and for dinner in our Spanish neighbour's house.
We live in a beautiful part of Andalucia which is an ideal spot for artists.
I am teaching myself to draw, slowly. I go to the markets and buy books. We both enjoy photography and walking. We have been to all the villages in our area and taken many photos.
We also write a daily blog of our life here in Spain.
We have three border collies, four cats, two donkeys and are looking after 5 motherless kittens at the moment.
I am not sure if I can post our website addresses here, but if anyone is interested pm me and I will send you the links.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhiannon1
It is amazing how fast the time flies by. It seems like yesterday that we first moved here, it's actually over 3 years ago. Family and friends visit. We have made new friends in our village. We pop out to get the bread and return six hours later. People are so much friendlier here. If you make the effort, even by just saying 'Hola' they appreciate it. We have been invited to weddings, communions, children's birthday parties and for dinner in our Spanish neighbour's house.
We live in a beautiful part of Andalucia which is an ideal spot for artists.
I am teaching myself to draw, slowly. I go to the markets and buy books. We both enjoy photography and walking. We have been to all the villages in our area and taken many photos.
We also write a daily blog of our life here in Spain.
We have three border collies, four cats, two donkeys and are looking after 5 motherless kittens at the moment.
I am not sure if I can post our website addresses here, but if anyone is interested pm me and I will send you the links.
You are not allowed to post promotional url`s, but if you go to "my profile" "edit signature" you can put it in there and it will show on every post you make. ;-))
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:44 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhiannon1
Hi Rhiannon1 well I must say you life sounds idilic, where in Andalucia do you live,we are looking at that area to move to.I would just love a donkey myself and another boxer dog or two.Im also interested in water colour ,I hope to spend more time on hobbies when we move.I would be interested to look at your links,JDR says you can put them where your signature goes,look forward to them
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:05 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi Rhiannon1 well I must say you life sounds idilic, where in Andalucia do you live,we are looking at that area to move to.I would just love a donkey myself and another boxer dog or two.Im also interested in water colour ,I hope to spend more time on hobbies when we move.I would be interested to look at your links,JDR says you can put them where your signature goes,look forward to them
Hi Jean,

Just click on Rhiannon's name and go to "View Public Profile". The link to her webpage is there
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:28 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Jean,

Just click on Rhiannon's name and go to "View Public Profile". The link to her webpage is there
Thank You Martha, how are you today ??
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:34 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You Martha, how are you today ??
Hey there gorgeous *waving to you in front of my screen*

I'm doing ok!

Hospital appointment tomorrow.....fingers crossed for a good outcome!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:37 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by MnM
Hey there gorgeous *waving to you in front of my screen*

I'm doing ok!

Ahhhhhhhhh the best of luck,hope it goes OK for you.........
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Rhiannon1 will become famous soon enoughRhiannon1 will become famous soon enough

Hi Jandy hope you like our websites. We live in a mountain village called Benarraba. It's off the main road to Ronda, just passed Gaucin. This part of Spain is absolutely beautiful. We are so lucky to live here, the views are spectacular. It's an ideal place for artists. I think I have managed to get a couple of links in my signature.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnM

Hope everything went well for you at the hospital
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:46 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

I would just love a donkey
Say hello to Dylan!

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to Dylan
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:23 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by montgomail
Hello to Dylan
Hola Dylan - does he speak english o espanol??
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:28 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Pete can you please keep your sex toys off this forum?

Next you will start spamming us with gay arsed bikes!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy
Hola Dylan - does he speak english o espanol??
Welsh I should think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.