Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What does everybody do?

What does everybody do?

Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road
Default What does everybody do?

Planning to spend 6 months in Spain (Costa Blanca) and living as opposed to holidaying while we look round and find somewhere permanent. I wondered what everyone does to occupy their time. I can find plenty to do in the UK even though I'm retired, but don't know what the situation is out there. And no I don't play golf! I suppose learning the language will take up some time but not 24/7. I'm into home brewing and DIY, also writing, but am open to suggestions as to other activities. Any ideas anyone?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does everybody do?

Originally Posted by hrothgar
Planning to spend 6 months in Spain (Costa Blanca) and living as opposed to holidaying while we look round and find somewhere permanent. I wondered what everyone does to occupy their time. I can find plenty to do in the UK even though I'm retired, but don't know what the situation is out there. And no I don't play golf! I suppose learning the language will take up some time but not 24/7. I'm into home brewing and DIY, also writing, but am open to suggestions as to other activities. Any ideas anyone?
You will probably spend half your time on paperwork. lol and the rest relaxing after the paperchase.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:12 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Last year we had 69 people come to visit us so we didn't have a lot of spare time, what time we did have we used to recover from the visits Not so many this year but still a steady flow, between the 21st Aug and the 20th Sept we have another 10 people arriving, so no time for snoozing

Don't worry hrothgar you will find plenty to do, the time here in Spain just flies by, no sooner do you get up it seems like it's time to go to bed Wait to you are here you will wonder what you did with your life before Spain
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Last year we had 69 people come to visit us so we didn't have a lot of spare time, :
What??? All at once?

Now I know why I stay in the UK!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I spend most of my time carrying bags of sand up steps
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Last year we had 69 people come to visit us so

Last edited by jdr; Aug 16th 2007 at 5:53 am. Reason: quote tags......
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by dazzle
What??? All at once?

Now I know why I stay in the UK!!

No, not all at once, silly.....the first peeps came at the end of Feb and the last ones went home middle of Spet. July and August we had only one week when there was no visitors.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by spain
Last year we had 69 people come to visit us so

Have a big family, and between us we have 5 children some of them come out 3/4 times a year to see us, not complaining as we love having people here but it is hard work and can cost a fortune

Last edited by jdr; Aug 16th 2007 at 5:55 am. Reason: tags
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road

In that case I must make sure I rent the smallest apartment possible.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I must make sure I rent the smallest apartment possible.
Very definitely otherwise the visitors are nonstop and as Crispy says it gets expensive!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

There are writers´ groups in javea and denia - not sure which bit of the Blanca you are heading for?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:07 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever you got/get up to in the UK you can do over here
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:27 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Its hard to find time between coffee and brandy after breakfast, tinto verano after lunch, sunbathing, swimming, bit of shopping then evening to to anything really! Specially now in august, plenty of bedrest necessary!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:16 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy
Its hard to find time between coffee and brandy after breakfast, tinto verano after lunch, sunbathing, swimming, bit of shopping then evening to to anything really! Specially now in august, plenty of bedrest necessary!!
I find you can squeeze the sleeping/siesta in with the sunbathing just put lots of suncream on!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:00 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
I find you can squeeze the sleeping/siesta in with the sunbathing just put lots of suncream on!
Hadnt thought of that one! Must try it probably tomorrow..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.