Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do you miss most

What do you miss most

Old May 29th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you miss most

The only things we miss and bring back from the UK are tea bags.
You can buy every different flavoured tea under the sun where we are....

Except Tea flavour.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

nikvin is an unknown quantity at this point

I do miss a nice cuppa...
not because we havent got any t.bags left ( get friends to bring supplies whenever they can, as they are epensive here), but for medical reasons, as tea & coffee are bad for high blood pressure, so a cuppa is to become an occasional rare treat! However I do love the various herbal infusions available, either in ready made bags (manzanilla etc) or as dried herbs/twigs etc from the markets. Quite refreshing and beneficial for various conditions, and tasty .

custard powder.... just buy NATILLAS, its the same ( need to readjust milk to get desired consistency) or make from fresh eggs ( much tastier, but time consuming)

peanut butter (YUK...) but OH loves it, have thought about making some, so what's the recipe?
Old May 29th 2007, 9:47 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Horlicks. Never seen it in the supermarkets here.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I find that a couple of bottles of cheap red have the same effect
Old May 30th 2007, 4:54 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikvin
I do miss a nice cuppa...
not because we havent got any t.bags left ( get friends to bring supplies whenever they can, as they are epensive here), but for medical reasons, as tea & coffee are bad for high blood pressure, so a cuppa is to become an occasional rare treat! However I do love the various herbal infusions available, either in ready made bags (manzanilla etc) or as dried herbs/twigs etc from the markets. Quite refreshing and beneficial for various conditions, and tasty .

custard powder.... just buy NATILLAS, its the same ( need to readjust milk to get desired consistency) or make from fresh eggs ( much tastier, but time consuming)

peanut butter (YUK...) but OH loves it, have thought about making some, so what's the recipe?

I only drink iced tea with lemon...........so the mercadona own brand do me - but the Tetleys tea bags work out to the same price in our local mercadona

my kids prefer natillas now, and spanish sausages - they really don't like the english ones any more

they love peanut butter - but my youngest recently tried crema de almendras & she reckons it's much the same - so I'll try that next time.......it's so much cheaper!

the only thing I really miss is gravy granules - but if I run out between visitors I manage without just fine
Old May 30th 2007, 2:16 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Been here over a month now and cant say i miss any UK products to be honest. You can get stuff here like sunday roasts with yorkshire puddings from the english restaurants. So no problems there.

The only thing i miss from the UK is my mums house (where i also grew up) and of course my parents. other than that, i have nothing else to miss, and nothing else to go back for.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:24 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Been here over a month now and cant say i miss any UK products to be honest. You can get stuff here like sunday roasts with yorkshire puddings from the english restaurants. So no problems there.

The only thing i miss from the UK is my mums house (where i also grew up) and of course my parents. other than that, i have nothing else to miss, and nothing else to go back for.
Hi Andrew,

Nice to see you back. How did the trip to Portugal go, are you still enjoying your work?

Sam
Old May 30th 2007, 3:18 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by onlineamiga

I'm sure theres plenty of doting mums on here that'll cook you a roast if you get desperate!!
Old May 30th 2007, 3:23 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
the only thing I really miss is gravy granules - but if I run out between visitors I manage without just fine
eroski in denia also do those now
Old May 30th 2007, 5:11 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

God someone could make a fortune selling gravy granules in Spain!! Its the one common thing that everyone seems to miss!
Old May 30th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

true

I bought some back in my case once, didnt wrap them up properly and the bag burst so I had granules over EVERYTHING :curse:
Old May 30th 2007, 6:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I don't mind sending you some mate, simply send me your addy, and £500 and I will send you a small tub.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:26 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I don't mind sending you some mate, simply send me your addy, and £500 and I will send you a small tub.
Money sent
Old May 31st 2007, 4:51 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
God someone could make a fortune selling gravy granules in Spain!! Its the one common thing that everyone seems to miss!
that's exactly what the english supermarkets do!

we have several here, and they all sell it........I'm just not desperate enough to pay the extortionate price they charge!
Old May 31st 2007, 4:51 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
eroski in denia also do those now
YES!!!

TYTYTY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.