Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do you miss most

What do you miss most

Old May 29th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light
Default What do you miss most

Well we have about 3 weeks left before we go and I am trying to gather a list of things that people miss the most from the UK so I can make sure I prepare myself and buy it all in bulk to take with me, I know the obvious things like teabags and quality brown sauce can anyone think of anything else I may have forgotten or may have trouble getting over in Spain.

Oh and by the way how do you get your thread headings in bold I have tried allsorts with no luck.

Last edited by Sugarlugs; May 29th 2007 at 11:12 am.
Old May 29th 2007, 10:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you miss most

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
Well we have about 3 weeks left before we go and I am trying to gather a list of things that people miss the most from the UK so I can make sure I prepare myself and buy it all in bulk to take with me, I know the obvious things like teabags and quality brown sauce can anyone think of anything else I may have forgotten or may have trouble getting over in Spain.

Oh and by the way how do you get your thread headings in bold I have tried allsorts with no luck.
You can buy HP sauce everywhere in Spain even where there are no English living.

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

As Rosemary said, you can buy ANYTHING here, so no need for excess luggage, maybe put some medicines in that you use, ie something for tummy bugs, head aches etc., but once you have been here awhile you will find that Spanish equivalents are just as good and cheaper.
Old May 29th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Found you can buy most things but I find Marmite expensive!
Old May 29th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

i miss walking round a big store like tescos and being able to buy everything in one shop
Old May 29th 2007, 11:04 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

The only things I cant get hold of over here are salad cream, corned beef and bombay potato mix. Apart from those we can get everything else.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:06 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you going? If it is a coastal expat area then like everyone says, there is nothing that you can´t buy.

If you are somewhere else though you will find international food stuffs very hard to come by.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

We are going to Hondon Frailes and I know they have a Mercadona in Aspe and a Carrefour in Torrevieja but was just curious, looks like I have got nothing to worry about its just things like the food we buy for our dogs as we buy them Burns frozen Chicken,Beef and Lamb chunks and have,nt seen anything similar as yet.
And I,m sure I have seen Corned Beef and Salad Cream in Carrefour its Brown Sauce I,m more concerned with for my Sausage Butties.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to Hondon Frailes and I know they have a Mercadona in Aspe and a Carrefour in Torrevieja but was just curious, looks like I have got nothing to worry about its just things like the food we buy for our dogs as we buy them Burns frozen Chicken,Beef and Lamb chunks and have,nt seen anything similar as yet.
And I,m sure I have seen Corned Beef and Salad Cream in Carrefour its Brown Sauce I,m more concerned with for my Sausage Butties.
You won`t need sauce on Spanish sausages. ;-)
Old May 29th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

How did you do that ? title thread bold ??????
Old May 29th 2007, 11:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Paracetemol & Codeine tablets ........ if you take them then bring some. The alternative here seem to be high dosage codeine tablets which I'm not too keen on taking

You can get most things here, but go for the Spanish equivalent which you will find cheaper, and in many cases better quality!
Old May 29th 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

So can anyone recommend any good Spanish teabags I normally buy Tetley or PG.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:24 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So can anyone recommend any good Spanish teabags I normally buy Tetley or PG.
In Carrefour there is a wall of different flavoured tea bags .... Carrefours own are good
Old May 29th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

M & S food hall, & of course my mum.

Wendy x
Old May 29th 2007, 12:06 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
The only things I cant get hold of over here are salad cream, corned beef and bombay potato mix. Apart from those we can get everything else.
I was searching for that for months and finally found salad cream, eroski sell it if you have nearby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.