Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What Do You Hate About Living On The Costa?

What Do You Hate About Living On The Costa?

Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:06 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Do You Hate About Living On The Costa?

Originally Posted by whitelinen
They are either paid forum posters or (insert anything you like here) IMO.

I wonder if any of them contribute to the Moving Back to UK thread ?
unlikely, what arguements could they cause there ?
much better to get up the noses of those who enjoy being here, the way of life.
yes, there are niggles, such as Endesa (wash my keyboard out) Telefonica (ditto)
but having been to many countries around the world I am sure that if i was to move to any one of them there would be similar problems.
and the UK isnt exactly "user friendly" either. (oops getting like them).

I suppose the thing I hate most about living on the Costa's is people asking stupid questions like what do i hate about living on the Costa's.

`
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=
I suppose the thing I hate most about living on the Costa's is people asking stupid questions like what do i hate about living on the Costa's.

`[/QUOTE]

What about people who bother to answer what they consider to be 'stupid questions'?
Also, those who place apostrophes in incorrect places (as above), but that's not peculiar to the Costas.

Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:48 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Good luck to anyone posting anything positive about Spain on here.

The anti-Spain attack dogs will be on you within seconds.
The simple option is available to you to open a thread regarding the positive aspects of living on the Spanish Costas.

I would expect and hope that you would get numerous positive replies, also bear in mind that quite a few remarks on this thread are tongue in cheek and overall the same posters are just as likely to be reasonably content with their life on the Costas.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Someone mentions 'moving back to the UK'. Never. I'd move onwards to somewhere else. Meanwhile - I think I'm lucky to have washed up here.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Nothings perfect but inland costas the life style suits us fine. I have a better quality of life there than UK
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:31 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
What about people who bother to answer what they consider to be 'stupid questions'?
Also, those who place apostrophes in incorrect places (as above), but that's not peculiar to the Costas.

nothing to do with people who can't grasp the simple element of pressing a button on the screen in front of them and just giving a reply, in the same way as this is a forum where elegency, literary excellence and spelling should play no part.

Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tambo
What three things (in order) do you hate about living on the costa???

This should be interesting!!!!
1) Native English speakers adopting the habit of inflecting statements of fact as if they were a question.
2) The Hacienda being able to 'dip' into your bank account without asking.
3) The Guardia Civil making it up as they go along.

Otherwise I wouldn't live anywhere else. Mountain bike heaven!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Alphons is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Going back to check on my property back home
2. Spanish drivers, too aggressive everywhere, always ding up my car if I park somewhere
3. British drivers who think they should drive worse than the locals, as if "law does not apply here" only because the locals disregard it
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Can't think of anything I hate... to me it's paradise, I enjoy every minute of every day... sorry guys and gals... I just do
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Too damned hot in mid-summer and often a wee bit nippy in the winter.

Time that useless govt got off its arse and fixed the peninsula a decent climate like the western Canaries.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
Can't think of anything I hate... to me it's paradise, I enjoy every minute of every day... sorry guys and gals... I just do

You sound like a happy sort of person who will enjoy life wherever you live!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

yes I suppose I would Pocaloca, I have a wonderful man who makes sure I have everything I need in life, I have RA so am in a good degree of pain most days, He still lives and works in the UK but comes to visit me as often as possible. My life is so much better for the warm climate, and now I have my three dogs for company life is just idyllic. I live nr Orihuela out in the countryside, and it's fantastic to watch the locals just tending the crops at their own slowwww pace, I get lots of freebies too, loads of lemons and oranges, now there's artichokes, broad beans and brocolli is just being picked, spuds up soon, wish there was more cauliflower though as I love that. yummy, life couldn't be much better, unless I had my Steve with me full time.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:08 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Like you I struggle to come up with anything that I hate apart from the fact that I am now living here alone. I am content with the life that I lead here, nothing special just a very pleasant life surrounded by lovely sincere friends in an ordinary town.

Rosemary
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:14 pm
On the road again.

yes I suppose I would Pocaloca, I have a wonderful man who makes sure I have everything I need in life, I have RA so am in a good degree of pain most days, He still lives and works in the UK but comes to visit me as often as possible. My life is so much better for the warm climate, and now I have my three dogs for company life is just idyllic. I live nr Orihuela out in the countryside, and it's fantastic to watch the locals just tending the crops at their own slowwww pace, I get lots of freebies too, loads of lemons and oranges, now there's artichokes, broad beans and brocolli is just being picked, spuds up soon, wish there was more cauliflower though as I love that. yummy, life couldn't be much better, unless I had my Steve with me full time.
Now that's what I call proper country living.

Beats the crap out of city life, any day of the week.

Fill yer boots there Doris.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Your right Doris its a lovely way of life suits me too,maybe bump into you soon in Amoraldi you never know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.