Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do people miss / like?

What do people miss / like?

Old May 3rd 2006, 12:16 am
Just Joined

tiddler is a jewel in the roughtiddler is a jewel in the roughtiddler is a jewel in the roughtiddler is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What do people miss / like?

No i'm not anyones lap dog......I speak as i find
You asked that the thread returned to it's original theme and i thought i had done just that, but apparently you don't like what i have submitted.

I am happy with my life.

We moved here because of my husbands work and i had no ties here (apart from my apprentice) after his death....(btw i'm not looking for sympathy, i know i'm not the only person this has happened to), so i could have returned to the U.K. but chose not too. My home is here.

You seem very unhappy with your life as it is and seem to see only the negatives around you.
S**t happens to us all no matter where we live-my philosophy is 'if life gives you lemons-make lemonade' yours seems to be 'if life gives me lemons-i'll throw them at anyone happier than i am'
I could be totally wrong and it may be your 'sense of humour' defers greatly from mine.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I don't mean to sound rude but the paragraph you typed in Spanish had a lot of typos, why don't you take spanish lessons?, that'll keep your mind off all the things you hate about Spain..
i´m sorry my written spanish is not as good as a spanish persons

and tiddler that was meant to be a joke !! (hence the smilie ?!?! ) has everyone lost their sense of humor round here ?

so has anyone else got anything to contribute to this thread?? ,

please, without sounding like i am 5 years old, please stop picking on me? all i did was outline the things that i like and dislike about spain, thats all. i didn´t ask for anyones opinions as to what i should do with my life.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug

and tiddler that was meant to be a joke !! (hence the smilie ?!?! ) has everyone lost their sense of humor round here ?

please, without sounding like i am 5 years old, please stop picking on me? all i did was outline the things that i like and dislike about spain, thats all. i didn´t ask for anyones opinions as to what i should do with my life.
I'm sorry mate ... you ask for everything you get I'm afraid so don't whine about it when it comes back to bite you
And if you can't see that then theres something wrong
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

i see theres a thin line between asking for it and getting it without asking ?? mwahahahha

so its raining now.. but its not cold, i guess thats a plus point?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:22 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

i see theres a thin line between asking for it and getting it without asking ?? mwahahahha

so its raining now.. but its not cold, i guess thats a plus point?
Yeh I guess, but isn' it always like that on forums. I'd just like to see some way that everyone on here could give you some constructive advice to try and help matters - after all thats what this is here for. But we know so little about your circumstances. Not saying you should bare all , but as I posted on the other thread to you, maybe theres something that "we" can do to help.
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yeh I guess, but isn' it always like that on forums. I'd just like to see some way that everyone on here could give you some constructive advice to try and help matters - after all thats what this is here for. But we know so little about your circumstances. Not saying you should bare all , but as I posted on the other thread to you, maybe theres something that "we" can do to help.
Give him a job contract of about 500€ a week. like most people are looking for.
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

when i go labouring (odd weeks here and there...) i get 450€ a week. when my dad does plumbing jobs he is on 500€ a week... on those weeks everything is peachy i´d like a contracted job even for 300 a week would be ok - if it was garenteeed every week
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

I would agree with the people that say that the first year away from home is the hardest. Too many people seem to give up for various reasons, before, in my opinion, they have given it a fair chance.

Adapting into any new lifestyle has it's ups and downs. Moving to a different country has even more hurdles to cross. From shop opening times, driving on the 'wrong' side of the road to buying a new house, all of us have at some point gone through some kind of learning experience.

An open mind is needed in moving to a new country. Trying local food, beers, making new Spanish friends was for me, what made it so exciting and new.

When I first moved to spain (about 10 years ago) it was very difficult or expensive to buy our favourite brand foods, and these were a real treat when we bought them (eg. marmite, HP Sauce). Nowadays, these are easily available. I found the fresh milk tasted 'funny' and the bread was not as enjoyable. Now when I go back to the UK, their milk tastes 'funny'.

I guess it's a question of what you are used to and how easily you can adapt in new situations. We are all creatures of habit but some people are so set in their ways it's very difficult for them to accept what others would see as a trivial matter.

I still miss my family dearly but luckily they visit several times a year and I go to see them and ALWAYS fit in my annual clothes shop as I really miss the UK high streets.

I miss Boots, Superdrug or something similar but I get by. I stock up or ask people to bring.

If a bag of crisps is too big- dont eat them all!

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Some people are so pessimistic!

Old May 3rd 2006, 2:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

when i go labouring (odd weeks here and there...) i get 450€ a week. when my dad does plumbing jobs he is on 500€ a week... on those weeks everything is peachy i´d like a contracted job even for 300 a week would be ok - if it was garenteeed every week
Yeah it is hard to get a wage every week.
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:36 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind you listing all of the things you don't like about Spain, I care about the delivery of your message, you can express yourself without degrading Spanish's society and lifestyle so deeply.
You are not being objective.
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

its not what i say, its the way i say it ? it was A LIST.. how could a say it any differerently??!?!?!? point 1, point 2, etc etc ???

im sorry that you didn´t like my views, but erm.. tough? those are my views, and thats that?? you cant stop me thinking / feeling the way i do!
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:54 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

its not what i say, its the way i say it ? it was A LIST.. how could a say it any differerently??!?!?!? point 1, point 2, etc etc ???

im sorry that you didn´t like my views, but erm.. tough? those are my views, and thats that?? you cant stop me thinking / feeling the way i do!
I am not trying to change your mind, and yes it is the way you say it.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

so how can i write a list in a way that you like then ?
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:45 pm

so how can i write a list in a way that you like then ?
I am sure you can be considerate, use your imagination!
Old May 4th 2006, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohhhhhhhhhh so i can write whatever i like, as long as it doesn´t offend you (a random internet user) or spain as a country, wow, thanks??

so apparently on this forum no-one is allowed to ever write a derogatory remark about spain, ya´ll got that? Sña. Hypertweeky says so, right?

wow.. so this is what its like to live under franco

i guess that ends this thread - or should we get the title changed to "things you like about spain and things that Hypertweeky will like you to say"... ??

gestapo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.