Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do i do!!!!!

What do i do!!!!!

Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do i do!!!!!

Hi

you are all aware that me and the family are back, and as most know i now have a job
Thing is i dont really like it and i dont want to do it, would you say i should try a bit longer or get out while i can.

I have only been working 2 and a bit weeks and already i am left on my own in the office, they trust me to work etc etc but i am so bored and not in to it.

I am not sure if i ever will like it so should i stay on or go.

please advise

love to all
miss n
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice
Default Re: What do i do!!!!!

Hi Miss N

Good to hear from you. I wondered where you had gone! Sorry to hear you're not happy in your new job. Perhaps things will improve - you've only been there 2 and a bit weeks? Is it really that bad? At least you have some money coming in. I think you should stick with the job for the time being, at the very least it can tide you over until you find a better one. Keep smiling.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, you are probably just unsettled, due to recent problems, and also a lot of "what if", you were all geared up to spend this summer in Spain, and there you are back in UK, not just you to think of though, have hubby and children to think of so guess best to stick it out for awhile before you make any hasty decisions.

Hope all works out for you, good luck and keep smiling
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:15 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Probationary periods are normally 3 months try and stick it out till then, the firs tmonth of any new job can be very hard as youre trying to get to know people and know the job as well. Once you have your feet you can kinda bend and tailor things to your own liking a little bit.

Youre also probably still mourning not being in spain.

I would recommend you stick it out a bit longer, at least stay there whilst looking for something else.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

Why not explain to your boss that you're bored, and ask if there's anything else you can get involved with to keep you interested?

As a former boss myself I can tell you that most will jump at the chance to keep staff engaged and interested. The cost in time and hassle of having to recruit a replacement is more than enough incentive for most to find a solution.

They should also respect that you've come to them and told them rather than just sat on your feelings and potentially become disgruntled.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:34 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi MN

Two and half weeks is not a very long time and I think maybe you should try and stick it out for at least 3 months. A lot has happened in the last few months and you have to be practical about this, it is a job that will bring money in to the house, and it will enable all you naughty's to move into your own home.. You can always spend your bored moments checking out job vacancies in the local paper. Try and stay in employment until you have
another job lined up as at this moment in time you do really need to get those finances in order to fund that all import move back here to us when the time comes. Also as intuitiveNipple has mentioned, it would do no harm to have a word with boss and explain how you feel and that you would be more than willing to take on more duties, when you told us about them before they seemed a very approachable couple, It shouldn't do any harm.

Much love to you and all the naughty's
Crispy X
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kyla
Hi Miss N

Good to hear from you. I wondered where you had gone! Sorry to hear you're not happy in your new job. Perhaps things will improve - you've only been there 2 and a bit weeks? Is it really that bad? At least you have some money coming in. I think you should stick with the job for the time being, at the very least it can tide you over until you find a better one. Keep smiling.
As other people are saying it is better to stick with it. Talk to the boss about other things that your time could be used for so that they get the most out of you. If you have any ideas about how the job could be improved I am sure they would be glad to hear your views. If you give up and leave now it would not encourage other employers to take you on and it is always easier to get another job if you are employed than if you are not.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

I agree with Crispy and mrs jdr. If it's any consolation, I hated my job for the first 6 months. It takes a while to settle in, especially after all the stress, upheaval and disappointment you've had. Hang in there.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi

you are all aware that me and the family are back, and as most know i now have a job
Thing is i dont really like it and i dont want to do it, would you say i should try a bit longer or get out while i can.

I have only been working 2 and a bit weeks and already i am left on my own in the office, they trust me to work etc etc but i am so bored and not in to it.

please advise

love to all
miss n
Go. Get temping work until you can get something you really want to do. After being made redundant I was head hunted for a sales job with Vauxhall. Only lasted two days. Bored out of my skull and had to share a desk and phone with this smoker who stunk. Just walked out and got temping work until I got something I really wanted. CouldnĀ“t have stuck it. But if you are desperate for money, you may have to think again.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

The job it's self is a doddle and i am left to run the whole place, even though i have had no experiance with this type of work and i have been learning myself.

However to me it is all mixed up and no proper organisation and i am left to pick the pieces up.

Hubby has decided to start on his own again and i have got work for him for the next 2 weeks, and we have more flooding in, so i was thinking i could give my job up and concentrate on getting work in for us and taking it from there.

I am just having a moaning friday afternoon.
We move in to our own place this weekend so a lot to think about.
anyway guys i will love you and leave you.
I hope you all have a fab weekend xxxxxxxx
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:54 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

please advise

love to all
miss n

My advise is fairly pointless I'm afraid Miss N, I havnt worked for someone else for a very long time, but much K on its way.

Oh and jdr this thread is a pretty good case for the thing you mentioned the other day.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The job it's self is a doddle and i am left to run the whole place, even though i have had no experiance with this type of work and i have been learning myself.

However to me it is all mixed up and no proper organisation and i am left to pick the pieces up.

Hubby has decided to start on his own again and i have got work for him for the next 2 weeks, and we have more flooding in, so i was thinking i could give my job up and concentrate on getting work in for us and taking it from there.

I am just having a moaning friday afternoon.
We move in to our own place this weekend so a lot to think about.
anyway guys i will love you and leave you.
I hope you all have a fab weekend xxxxxxxx
Why not try to re-organise things so that they move smoothly as this is all good experience.

Rosemary
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:01 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Most of the responses on here are so typical.

Why would you do something you didnt like, every single day, for about 70% of your total waking hours?

Just my opinion, but life is shorter than ronnie corbett's little brother so bugger that.

Money, responsibilty, bill paying, blah blah.

You always get by, just means that sometimes mum cant go to iceland she has to go to costcutter. So what? Personal happiness is far important than that.

Dont be a slave to the money.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Miss N,
The good thing about having a job is that it looks better to a future employer than looking for one without one.

The temping idea sounds good but temping in what? I ask as I normally get
"You don't have any experience" or "You're too qualified for this job"
Personally, and having been out of work for 12 months now I am not being rude to you, I would be gratefull that you have got a job.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Hi Miss N, sorry that you are not enjoying your new job, however it sounds like you will soon be fully employed with bringing in work for Mr N.
Maybe stick with the job for the moment, and see how things go. Any chance you could go part time to fit in with the other work as it increases?

Best of luck, and also to Mr N on his new venture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.