Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What is the best free spanish email service

What is the best free spanish email service

Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the best free spanish email service

Originally Posted by Fred James
So what does it do that Gmail doesn't?
Never used gmail, but knowing google it must be loaded with ads, gmx has none.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

So what does it do that Gmail doesn't?
Gmail blocks users from sending mail using a disposable address.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:57 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jgombos
Gmail blocks users from sending mail using a disposable address.
If I want a disposable address I just create a new Gmail address.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:02 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Never used gmail, but knowing google it must be loaded with ads, gmx has none.
That depends.

If you use Gmail as a web based service you get ads but if, like me, you use Outlook or Outlook Express you automatically send and receive in those programs and get no ads.

It works just like any other email account but is much more flexible and has the best junk mail filter around. If you want to use it from another PC as a webmail service you can.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

That depends.

If you use Gmail as a web based service you get ads but if, like me, you use Outlook or Outlook Express you automatically send and receive in those programs and get no ads.

It works just like any other email account but is much more flexible and has the best junk mail filter around. If you want to use it from another PC as a webmail service you can.
I have GMX on a tab in FF and all my email accounts are in one place and updated auto, it seems pretty good at sniffing out the spam too.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

If I want a disposable address I just create a new Gmail address.
No, you don't do that for every piece of correspondence, because it's too time consuming to do that with each recipient you deal with. It also limits you to using gmail for inbound mail service, which means you can't leverage a spamgourmet counter that begins blackholing beyond the allotment that you specify. The effort isn't worthwhile for every one-time-use email address you want to send from, and I suspect it would also violate gmail ToS to create so many accounts. Gmail does have a facility to add authorized non-gmail "personalities", but there's still an effort and they really are meant for what their labeled, not one off disposable addressing.

If GMX is as flexible as most email providers, they will allow you send from any email address without prior registration of each address.

BTW, gmail also forces users to give up flexibility in how they connect to the SMTP server, which has some rigid security in place, making it a real pain to configure postfix and sendmail to route through gmail.

Last edited by jgombos; Aug 12th 2009 at 8:32 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by jgombos
No, you don't do that for every piece of correspondence, because it's too time consuming to do that with each recipient you deal with. .
Why would I want to do that?

I use whatever address is appropriate and never get any Spam.

I think you are in danger of overcomplicating a simple request for a free email system.

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 12th 2009 at 9:19 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Why would I want to do that?

I use whatever address is appropriate and never get any Spam.

I think you are in danger of overcomplicating a simple request for a free email system.
I was responding to the comment: what does provider X offer that gmail doesn't?

Gmail is somewhat crippled with limitations. The limitations don't hinder average users, as long as they don't use spamgourmet.com or the like. But for anyone that has some serious email requirements, gmail is pretty mickey.

Spamgourmet is not just an anti-spam tool. It offers a means for users who run some heavy mail processing using tools like procmail to pre-sort their mail to gain some very useful information about how the inbound message should be treated after it's determined to be a legit message.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

We use yahoo and aol, no problems with either.

Rose