Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What is...................??

Wikiposts

What is...................??

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What is...................??

Hi Gudes

Thanks for reply.

1. I am only 1,1 kms from Chiclana

2. In my other house I was 4 kms in campo and had ADSL working perfectly

3. Have checked on website and my telephone number says yes!!

4. Have telephone pole in garden

5. I have been asking Telefonica about the service since May 31 2006 how much longer do you think I need to wait for them to fix it??

Do you think if I had another telephone line installed this would solve it all or will it be caught up in the same bucle???
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi Gudes
3. Have checked on website and my telephone number says yes!!
4. Have telephone pole in garden
5. I have been asking Telefonica about the service since May 31 2006 how much longer do you think I need to wait for them to fix it??

Do you think if I had another telephone line installed this would solve it all or will it be caught up in the same bucle???
Let me ask you a question first. Did you have ADSL service in your current place but it does not work or you never had it? I'll assume, since you are in Chiclana, some of your neighbors have ADSL. Is this correct? I am asking this because Telefonica needs to install additional equipment in the exchange to handle ADSL. They only do this once they have enough customers in that area to justify the cost. So a "YES you could have ADSL with your number" from Telefonica could mean that "You are close enough to the exchange office" although they might not have the equipment installed yet and we are fishing for customers.

Do you have an ADSL router at home or you are still waiting for Telefonica to send you one?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gudes

In answer to yours....

1. As far as I know the previous occupant of the house had ADSL and telephone line which he cancelled when he sold

2. We only have 2 full time neighbours and they are not interested in ADSL

3. As for routers I have a healthy collection - as every month when I order ADSL a new one gets shipped even though I told them I already have a wifi router from my old house???

I am happy to pay for a new telephone line if you think this would help and cancel this one once it is up and running...

I would cross your palms with silver if you can offer a solution!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

Hi Gudes

In answer to yours....

1. As far as I know the previous occupant of the house had ADSL and telephone line which he cancelled when he sold

3. As for routers I have a healthy collection - as every month when I order ADSL a new one gets shipped even though I told them I already have a wifi router from my old house???

I am happy to pay for a new telephone line if you think this would help and cancel this one once it is up and running...
Here is how it works. You need to connect the router (DSL router, your WiFi router might not include DSL) to your phone line (the connector says LINEA) before calling Telefonica. Check the "ADSL" light in from of the box. If you don't see the light tell that to Telefonica. Insist that the issue a "work order" to fix your problem. The technicians will hopefully get involved at that time. Last time I called they shown up at my house the following day and fixed the problem. They'll charge for that.

If your router's DSL light is ON it means you are connected and might need to check IP addresses and stuff like that but you should have the information about how to proceed from the router's manual.

If you need additional information email me by clicking my username.
As for the silver... be careful: Spaniards are proud people (at least some are) and they might be wealthy... a friendly advice.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 22nd 2007 at 5:22 am. Reason: removed email address to stop you getting spammed.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gudes

Thanks a lot for your great help.

I have plugged in the router but the DSL light does not come on.

When you say contact Telefonica to ask for a work order do you mean on the 1004 number or the 902357000 which is for internet??

Cheers and will pm you if there is anything else...

About the silver bit hope nobody on the forum was offended??
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gudes

Thanks a lot for your great help.

I have plugged in the router but the DSL light does not come on.

When you say contact Telefonica to ask for a work order do you mean on the 1004 number or the 902357000 which is for internet??
The 902... number. Yes insist on a work order. It sounds silly but it's the way it works.

Good luck.