Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

We've finally got a house - Part 3 of the saga

We've finally got a house - Part 3 of the saga

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:37 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice
Default We've finally got a house - Part 3 of the saga

Hi all,

Well we have finally got a place, exactly a month after we set foot in Spain. The full story is in part three, attached.

Thank you all for your support.

Steve & Jill
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Old Nov 4th 2012, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've finally got a house - Part 3 of the saga

How nice, hope you will be very happy there. I've never heard of a Town Hall issuing temporary health cards, just goes to show how differently things are done in different areas. I sometimes think it's a complete waste of time people advising others about issues like that on forums, as the reality could be quite different depending on which office you go to.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

And I've never heard of being able to sign on the padron without first having a residencia certificate.

All the best to you, I hope you will be very happy in your new home.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:42 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
And I've never heard of being able to sign on the padron without first having a residencia certificate.

All the best to you, I hope you will be very happy in your new home.
I thought you had to sign on the pardon first before you got your residencia certifcate
Old Nov 5th 2012, 9:30 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
I thought you had to sign on the pardon first before you got your residencia certifcate
I got the residencia first and was asked for it when I signed the padron
Old Nov 5th 2012, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
I got the residencia first and was asked for it when I signed the padron
And with us it was the other way around - see what I mean about the futility of giving people advice?
Old Nov 5th 2012, 2:22 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely padron first in our case. We had to sign on when we bought our first car in 2001. Didn't get residencia for years after that.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 2:40 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Struck out with first 'residencia' attempt this morning at the Ayuntamiento in Orihuela Costa (Playa Flamenca). Unsmiling burly policeman would not tolerate me only speaking a little Spanish, told me to go away and come back with an interpreter.

Fortunately, a lady gestor was next in the queue and offered to interpret for us.

We already have NIE's. & Padrons which the policeman inspected along with our passports.

He gave us blank EX18,s to fill in and we have to make two copies.
He gave us two Modulo 790 which we have to complete, take to the bank and pay €10.30 each.
He wants two copies of our passports.
He wants 1 copy of our NIE's.
He wants 1 copy of our Padrons.
He wants 1 copy of our S1's
He also wants a certificate from our banks stating how much pension is paid in each month.

All of the above is doable apart from OH pension 'certificate'. I don't suppose his UK bank would be very helpful. He is going to contact his former employer to see if they can knock one up. My certificate is no problem as my OAP is paid direct into our Spanish bank account and they have done these certificates before.

We then have to go back and queue again with a translator, no appointments system, for him to check that everything is in order. He will want a translation into Spanish for OH's certificate.

If all is well then, he will give us an appointment for collection.

We will report our progress as and when.