well digging

Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:10 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: well digging

Ah, an intelligent and thoughtful comment.

Oh but then it wasn't, was it gollum?

Precioussssss....
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:17 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bil

Precioussssss....
Better than mine,I was tempted to put well well well...but daren't
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:36 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Bil down here in the Chiclana area, you have to have a licenced well digger and all the right paperwork, they charge about a 1,000 euro to dig the thing then extra for all the pipes and such like, takes a day to dig and then another to connect. They advertise along the roadside, look out when next over for the big grey concrete round drain thingy along the side of the road with POZO and a telephone number on. I have just had a thought I think there is a sticky stuck on the pylon outside the gate, I'll have a look tomorrow for you.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Precioussssss....
I give you encouragement and look what happens!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:52 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

In all cases prior to drilling, authorization is required by the ministry of mines. Also authorization to extract water is granted by the ministry of environment.

http://www.waterwells.org/

This is a good read bil.

http://assets.panda.org/downloads/il...pain_may06.pdf

Last edited by poshnbucks; Apr 26th 2009 at 1:21 am.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:05 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bil
Well, the tank I need anyway The pump would be directly powered, probably by a savonius rotor, as those are pretty solid and low tech, so DC/AC isn't relevant.

As I say, if the grief and cost of a well are too high, I'll skip it.

A friend tells me that he knows an estate agen that reckons most wells in Spain are illegal.

I have a well which is for sole use to my house it did cost several thousend euros but I have all the legal paper work. If your pump goes pop it can cost over a thousend euros to get a truck and pipe extractor to remove the pipe to get access to the motor and repair/replace same. The lowest cost is the actual licence which cost us 13 euros from the Waterboard or the Spanish equivalent. The well provides water for both my home and my orange groves.I bought the plastic bottle from the pharmacy about 6 months ago to have the water tested for drinking, The test costs 49 euros but the bottle is still in the plastic bag on my to do list. I do get rather fed up hawking those eight litre bottles so I might get it tested soon.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:38 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I live in the area and know most wells are illegal. They are also put too near the septic tanks of neighbours and the like.

Near here (ten miles inland) if you go below five metres, you hit SALT water; so yes it is best to contact an expert.
If the hole uses a plastic pipe, then it is not an artisian well but a bore hole (perforacion in spanish).

Pumps are regularily pulled up and replaced without any problems in perforacions, the reason they wear out quickly can be they pull in sand as they are too near the bottom of the perforacion.

Dave in Chiclana
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:35 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I give you encouragement and look what happens!
No Matt, you don't. Every other person who has contributed to this thread has been helpful. People have taken the time and the trouble to search out data for me, Chris is looking for a local company, and to everyone who has contributed I would like to say a big thank you. A board like this is a valuable source of networked resources, and I think it's a shame that this should be tainted by someone whose only input has been to sarcastically comment that I should go for it because it isn't a skilled job.

Idiot. Of course it is, but just because a job requires skills, doesn't mean one shouldn't strive to aquire said skills. I don't need the level of expertise to detect the presence of water, because there is a functioning well nearby, and because a well in sandy soil can be dug without hi tech gear, I don't need those skills either. Far quicker to get it drilled, of course, but then like most, I am short on cash, rich in time, and my labour comes free.

Now please grow up, and if you can't post in a well mannered fashion, don't post at all in the grownup section and take the juvenile attitude elsewhere.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:37 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
No Matt, you don't. Every other person who has contributed to this thread has been helpful. People have taken the time and the trouble to search out data for me, Chris is looking for a local company, and to everyone who has contributed I would like to say a big thank you. A board like this is a valuable source of networked resources, and I think it's a shame that this should be tainted by someone whose only input has been to sarcastically comment that I should go for it because it isn't a skilled job.

Idiot. Of course it is, but just because a job requires skills, doesn't mean one shouldn't strive to aquire said skills. I don't need the level of expertise to detect the presence of water, because there is a functioning well nearby, and because a well in sandy soil can be dug without hi tech gear, I don't need those skills either. Far quicker to get it drilled, of course, but then like most, I am short on cash, rich in time, and my labour comes free.

Now please grow up, and if you can't post in a well mannered fashion, don't post at all in the grownup section and take the juvenile attitude elsewhere.
Feel better?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:41 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by crispy
Bil down here in the Chiclana area, you have to have a licenced well digger and all the right paperwork, they charge about a 1,000 euro to dig the thing then extra for all the pipes and such like, takes a day to dig and then another to connect. They advertise along the roadside, look out when next over for the big grey concrete round drain thingy along the side of the road with POZO and a telephone number on. I have just had a thought I think there is a sticky stuck on the pylon outside the gate, I'll have a look tomorrow for you.
Thanks Chris, now you come to mention it, I have seen those pipes, and wondered what they were about. 1K isn't an outrageous figure, given that elecricity is only likely to go up, and the engineering of a wind powered system would be an interesting challenge. After heating water, pumping it is certainly our second bigest cost.

I don't suppose you happen to know the sort of vehicle they use, do you?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:43 am
bil
Banned

Feel better?

Grow up little boy.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:44 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil
Grow up little boy.
there's a good boy (((((pats Bill on his head))))
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:54 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
In all cases prior to drilling, authorization is required by the ministry of mines. Also authorization to extract water is granted by the ministry of environment.

http://www.waterwells.org/

This is a good read bil.

http://assets.panda.org/downloads/il...pain_may06.pdf
Thanks for that. The firm there is most impressive, but for my purposes, it would be like using a gold hammer to crack a small nut. Most of their knowledge base outside the basic physical work sn't hugely relevant.

The other document is, as you say, an interesting read. It is tho referring only to those wells etc that are extracting HUGE amounts of water (as compared to a domestic residence with a garden. Also, my proposed setup would not increase the amount of water extracted, it would just split it between two wells.

Given that the Spanish government is so gung ho about wind power, do you think that using such a setup to 'green' my place would give it more weight?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:00 am
bil
Banned

there's a good boy (((((pats Bill on his head))))
Haven't you got a degree or something to do? Or are you too busy boosting your amazing post rate? I think you must post more per annum than everyone else on this thread put together, and to be frank, with less intelligent contribution than any of them.

The quality and nature of your posts just reinforce this.

As I said before if you can't contribute, leave the rest of us to discuss the subject in a grownup fashion.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:02 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I live in the area and know most wells are illegal. They are also put too near the septic tanks of neighbours and the like.

Near here (ten miles inland) if you go below five metres, you hit SALT water; so yes it is best to contact an expert.
If the hole uses a plastic pipe, then it is not an artisian well but a bore hole (perforacion in spanish).

Pumps are regularily pulled up and replaced without any problems in perforacions, the reason they wear out quickly can be they pull in sand as they are too near the bottom of the perforacion.

Dave in Chiclana
Well, we are further away from the sea than you, and there are wells all around, and none of those have reported salinity issues, but thanks for the tip.

The septic tank issue is very valid. You sure as hell don't want to be close and 'downstream' of one of those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.