Wealth Tax

Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:35 pm
aspeangel

Default Wealth Tax

Anyone know how easy this is to sort out yourself??? Probably already been covered a few times but can't find any threads at this moment in time. Thanks for any help!

Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:14 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wealth Tax

what do you mean, sort out by yourself?
I believe its declared at the same time as your tax return if you are a resident, but unless you are fairly well off it shouldn't effect you too much
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:30 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
what do you mean, sort out by yourself?
I believe its declared at the same time as your tax return if you are a resident, but unless you are fairly well off it shouldn't effect you too much

We should be ok then - we haven't got a pot to shell peas in
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
We should be ok then - we haven't got a pot to shell peas in
You've got peas?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:31 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

oooh luxury!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm still trying to get my head around this whole wealth/income tax thing, just when you think you have it figured it all goes pear shaped!

Our solicitor said they would handle it, over to you boys! anyway what was explained is blah blah blah, offset mortgage blah blah blah. Money you owe will come out of your bank account in August. So here we are in September and money is still sat in bank account!

If someone could explain in laymans terms what happens with these taxes and when they are paid, we are non-resident and this is our first time paying these, then you would be a Godsend
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:14 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Well I'm still trying to get my head around this whole wealth/income tax thing, just when you think you have it figured it all goes pear shaped!

Our solicitor said they would handle it, over to you boys! anyway what was explained is blah blah blah, offset mortgage blah blah blah. Money you owe will come out of your bank account in August. So here we are in September and money is still sat in bank account!

If someone could explain in laymans terms what happens with these taxes and when they are paid, we are non-resident and this is our first time paying these, then you would be a Godsend
Unfortunately I aint got my bible with me as I am back in the UK at mom otherwise I could have helped you. But wheres Fred when you need him. I know the residents situation well enough .... I think you only pay wealth tax on your Spanish assets, but you also pay a tax on your home as if it was let out. Im just not sure of the allowances.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee

If you are a non resident, then you have til the end of December to get it paid before you acrrue interest. The wealth tax is calculated on the value of your property (your property is your wealth - having a Spanish mortgage may affect the calculation although I'm not sure on that). The income tax is calculated on your rental income - there is a standard calculation and percentage charged even if you do not rent out and earn an income on your property.

If still confused, try a PM to Beachcomber as he is the expert on this.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:40 am
Just Joined

bizzbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I have been in Spain for 3 years now and it took me 2 years to sort out wealth Tax, this year is the first year that we have paid wealth Tax. From now on it will be DD from my bank which you can set up once you have paid once. I went to the local Ajuntament and we now pay rustic land charge in or about december and wealth Tax in April/May they tend to allocate times when your area pays. Some Ajuntament use SUMA to collect. Hope this helps
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:59 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bizzbie
Hi I have been in Spain for 3 years now and it took me 2 years to sort out wealth Tax, this year is the first year that we have paid wealth Tax. From now on it will be DD from my bank which you can set up once you have paid once. I went to the local Ajuntament and we now pay rustic land charge in or about december and wealth Tax in April/May they tend to allocate times when your area pays. Some Ajuntament use SUMA to collect. Hope this helps
How do they know what wealth tax to DD? Surely you still have to submit a tax return for them to know the amount?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

bizzbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
How do they know what wealth tax to DD? Surely you still have to submit a tax return for them to know the amount?
It is a tax but not as we know it after all if you ask spanish what is council tax they would say what. Try this kink http://www.spainbusiness.com/icex/cd...4412_0,00.html You can also go to threads on the first page and click on "Read me FreeBeer there is a lot of information links there
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:40 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Cape Blue

Of course, you have to make a return. Imho the best thing to do is employ a gestoria who will do it all for you. Hes submitting my tax return / wealth tax for 60 euros. Well worth it for not having the hassle
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:51 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bizzbie
It is a tax but not as we know it after all if you ask spanish what is council tax they would say what. Try this kink http://www.spainbusiness.com/icex/cd...4412_0,00.html You can also go to threads on the first page and click on "Read me FreeBeer there is a lot of information links there
Looks like you are mixing up IBI with the wealth tax - IBI can be paid by DD, the wealth tax cannot as you have to calculate it and submit your return.