Wealth Tax

Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:51 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Charente France
Posts: 22
orange blossom has a brilliant futureorange blossom has a brilliant futureorange blossom has a brilliant futureorange blossom has a brilliant futureorange blossom has a brilliant futureorange blossom has a brilliant future
Angry Wealth Tax

Ok I've read some of the info on Tax for Spanish residence and wealth tax came up. The tax free allowance doesn't look all that big. I understand that you each get about 150,000 euros if you buy a house in joint names. So that might mean if you have a house over this amount and a decent car and perhaps some capital you could en up paying this tax. Does anyone out there have any first hand experience of paying this
orange blossom is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:03 am
  #2  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,460
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wealth Tax

Originally Posted by orange blossom
Ok I've read some of the info on Tax for Spanish residence and wealth tax came up. The tax free allowance doesn't look all that big. I understand that you each get about 150,000 euros if you buy a house in joint names. So that might mean if you have a house over this amount and a decent car and perhaps some capital you could en up paying this tax. Does anyone out there have any first hand experience of paying this
No but I looked into it. Fred will tell me if my rates arent up to date but in 2006:

A resident of Spain pays nowt on the first 108102 euros on valuation of assets and a further 150253 exemption on his principal residence. So a residence up to 300,000 euros will attract no wealth tax if you are a couple as you make separate declarations.
Mitzyboy is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:28 am
  #3  
 
Fred James's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Granada Costa
Posts: 10,931
Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wealth Tax

Yes those are the rates for 2007 as well.

I think your maths are a bit out. I make it nearer 500k as you both get 108k plus 150K.

Also bear in mind that what you "think" your house is worth and what Hacienda think it is worth can be miles apart - in your favour!

If you have just paid over 500k and declared the full amount on the escritura then you may have a problem. If so, sell the Ferrari!
Fred James is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:42 am
  #4  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,460
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wealth Tax

Originally Posted by Fred James
Yes those are the rates for 2007 as well.

I think your maths are a bit out. I make it nearer 500k as you both get 108k plus 150K.

Also bear in mind that what you "think" your house is worth and what Hacienda think it is worth can be miles apart - in your favour!

If you have just paid over 500k and declared the full amount on the escritura then you may have a problem. If so, sell the Ferrari!

No My maths isn't out, I didn't add it up. I referred to 300,000 of property .... the assets of course are 108102 per resident as I mentioned
Mitzyboy is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:36 am
  #5  
 
Fred James's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Granada Costa
Posts: 10,931
Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wealth Tax

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No My maths isn't out, I didn't add it up. I referred to 300,000 of property .... the assets of course are 108102 per resident as I mentioned
Fair comment but most people "hide" their other assets so the house is normally the issue.

Unless of course you have two Ferraris - I wish.
Fred James is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:29 am
  #6  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,460
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wealth Tax

Originally Posted by Fred James
Unless of course you have two Ferraris - I wish.

Hasn't everyone?
Mitzyboy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.