Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Global Warming a None expert viewpoint

Global Warming a None expert viewpoint

Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:13 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Global Warming a None expert viewpoint

I watched the DVD on Global warming and it was definately a eye opener ..

A few bits from it i do feel worth mentioning ;
1. As we all know in the UK we tend to have the warm wet air coming in from west to east in like a circle motion , constantly going across the UK then dropping back down over Europe and returning minus the water of course thats fallen by the time its met back up with the Atlantic flow..

well the documentary clearly showed the Global warming effect and Computers did predictions as to the effects year on year as viewed by satellite ! This depressingly showed that whilst Global warming is making the Earth Warmer and we assumed this equates to more Sunshine !! Yippee we in Britain thought ! WRONG how dissapointing to see what the prediction showed was a larger cloud mass (obvious considering more heat = more evaporation ) following a slightly lower trajectory so rather than Scotland getting the most of the rains , which they dont mind as they wear kilts anyways so just take there socks off ! , In the future the whole of the UK is set to get Clouds and rain and more rain in a muggy humid heat !!

Depressing or what ?

2. Due to this extra rain and clouds and humidity , will follow a higher influx and breeding of Mossies and all them horrible creepy things ! As the winters will be wetter and mild Not killing them ..

3. The present sea side towns will be even deader than ever if thats possible ? as even less take uk seaside holidays..

4. Floodings in low level ground will no doubt take place .

5. Good News for Spain as i noticed only a slight increase in clouds only meaning a little more rain ! Which will no doubt be good to help water reserves etc...

Just 1 more plus in the get away to Spain yes or no book ..

Anyone else see that DVD ? if so what you think ?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:50 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Warming a None expert viewpoint

Are you on about Al Gore's documentary?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:07 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Are you on about Al Gore's documentary?
yes think that was it .. very interesting i thought ,did make you think didnt it ?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:10 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
yes think that was it .. very interesting i thought ,did make you think didnt it ?
It made me feel quite restless..
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by anabella
It made me feel quite restless..
well i dont know about restless , But suprising how quick its going to warm up only good thing is i will be dead by then so not worth worrying over it let alone get restless ..

I have a theory on the global warming anyways .

Population is more than the old days with less trees ! Thats why more CO2 ..

So just have a massive world wide Tree planting to filter the CO2 ??

To simple maybe ?

The Governments plan is to charge more for everything ? Hows that going to help as i dont know about you but i only drive when i have to not for fun ..!

It cost energy to recycle so virtualy self balancing not a major saving ?

So how does charging more help i am blowed if i understand them
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:20 pm

well i dont know about restless , But suprising how quick its going to warm up only good thing is i will be dead by then so not worth worrying over it let alone get restless ..

I have a theory on the global warming anyways .

Population is more than the old days with less trees ! Thats why more CO2 ..

So just have a massive world wide Tree planting to filter the CO2 ??

To simple maybe ?

The Governments plan is to charge more for everything ? Hows that going to help as i dont know about you but i only drive when i have to not for fun ..!

It cost energy to recycle so virtualy self balancing not a major saving ?

So how does charging more help i am blowed if i understand them
They solve everything by increasing taxes
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I think the film was aimed squarely at the American market - where of course the official line is "climate change doesn't exist, and even it does it's nowt to do with us"
As an aside, I think it's a way of Al saying this is all Bush's fault it wouldn't have happened if I'd won.

As for climate change itself, you hear all all the things about the possible effects on the gulf stream - really bad news. The warmer wetter climate for the UK, and the more extreme weather events becoming more common.
Sounds like someone could make a killing if they invented a truly indestructible umbrella, that doubled as a parasol, and had photo voltaic cells to power mp3, players, mobile phones, laptops etc, and a reservoir to collect the water.

But lets be honest - though it's potentially a planet devastating scenario, it really is too much trouble to turn the TV off properly, and hardwood floors are so nice, you simply must have a 4 wheel drive for the school run and you'll never convince the Spaniards to actually insulate their homes.

Hope the salt vapour cloud machine the yanks are are working on works, or we're all doomed, doomed I tell ya!!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I think the film was aimed squarely at the American market - where of course the official line is "climate change doesn't exist, and even it does it's nowt to do with us"
As an aside, I think it's a way of Al saying this is all Bush's fault it wouldn't have happened if I'd won.

As for climate change itself, you hear all all the things about the possible effects on the gulf stream - really bad news. The warmer wetter climate for the UK, and the more extreme weather events becoming more common.
Sounds like someone could make a killing if they invented a truly indestructible umbrella, that doubled as a parasol, and had photo voltaic cells to power mp3, players, mobile phones, laptops etc, and a reservoir to collect the water.

But lets be honest - though it's potentially a planet devastating scenario, it really is too much trouble to turn the TV off properly, and hardwood floors are so nice, you simply must have a 4 wheel drive for the school run and you'll never convince the Spaniards to actually insulate their homes.

Hope the salt vapour cloud machine the yanks are are working on works, or we're all doomed, doomed I tell ya!!
at the last bit
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:41 pm
Banned

After having the rains we have had in UK , maybe i was right or rather Al Gores Computer was ..

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

After having the rains we have had in UK , maybe i was right or rather Al Gores Computer was ..

The earth is on a constant cooling / heating cycle, and we have reached the top of the heating cycle, and so it now should go into the cooling cycle. The question is ........ will the global warming effect make the heating process carry on upwards rather than decrease?

This was from watching some experts talk on the recent concerts on TV
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:22 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt see the DVD, but find the subject fascinating,because of so many changes of ideas.I do believe that the cycles return and return again,but because now everything is reported and we have access to the world via technology we are informed and kept up to date(or so we are lead to believe)We are made aware of things now that probably happened years ago as well but we didnt have any names for them.Which leaves me a tad confused at times.The news ect. say i.e.its never been so bad,then you talk to a local in whatever place they are talking about and they turn round and tell you that perhaps 50 years ago the same weather pattern happened.It leaves me wondering that perhaps nature is just being nature,and perhaps the scientists are just sore at not being able to harness it,and I am sure we humans are not helping much.Still think though nature is bigger than all of us.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:07 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
I didnt see the DVD, but find the subject fascinating,because of so many changes of ideas.I do believe that the cycles return and return again,but because now everything is reported and we have access to the world via technology we are informed and kept up to date(or so we are lead to believe)We are made aware of things now that probably happened years ago as well but we didnt have any names for them.Which leaves me a tad confused at times.The news ect. say i.e.its never been so bad,then you talk to a local in whatever place they are talking about and they turn round and tell you that perhaps 50 years ago the same weather pattern happened.It leaves me wondering that perhaps nature is just being nature,and perhaps the scientists are just sore at not being able to harness it,and I am sure we humans are not helping much.Still think though nature is bigger than all of us.
There have certainly been "hot and cold cycles" throughout the earth's history, but what has been happening in the past 50 years is in a different league - both in terms of the scale of the disaster and the speed at which it is happening.

The hole in the ozone layer and global warming are real, and are separate from any natural warming cycle with which they may co-exist. They represent a genie that cannot be put back into the bottle, and subsequent generations will curse us for what we have done.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
and are separate from any natural warming cycle with which they may co-exist. They represent a genie that cannot be put back into the bottle, and subsequent generations will curse us for what we have done.

Thats in effect what I was saying ..... the normal cyle may be extended by the effects of global warming.

Trouble is modern civilisation is but a snapshot of the worlds history ..... If Michael Fish had been around since the beginning of time maybe he would have said "its nothing to worry about" ... who knows?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:36 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
There have certainly been "hot and cold cycles" throughout the earth's history, but what has been happening in the past 50 years is in a different league - both in terms of the scale of the disaster and the speed at which it is happening.

The hole in the ozone layer and global warming are real, and are separate from any natural warming cycle with which they may co-exist. They represent a genie that cannot be put back into the bottle, and subsequent generations will curse us for what we have done.

That makes sense to me,and unfortunately rings a true bell.Its a when it gets cloaked in scientific facts and figures I get lost.When you read it straight forwardly, like you have explained it makes much more sense.(Does that make me thick)All joking apart its a fragile world, and we are supposed to be caretakers of the earth.we seem to be not making a good job of it.Lets hope between us perhaps it could be slowed down.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:41 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
That makes sense to me,and unfortunately rings a true bell.Its a when it gets cloaked in scientific facts and figures I get lost.When you read it straight forwardly, like you have explained it makes much more sense.(Does that make me thick)All joking apart its a fragile world, and we are supposed to be caretakers of the earth.we seem to be not making a good job of it.Lets hope between us perhaps it could be slowed down.
There's a nasty habit of masking it in the language of science but not the methodology. c.f. intelligent design.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.