Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

We have just dumped telefonica.

We have just dumped telefonica.

Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:01 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have just dumped telefonica.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
At one time we dumped telefonica for a wireless system using a dongle, worked in the apartment we lived in at the time, but that was just a temp. place before the one we were to move into was available, when we moved, a distance of about 400 meters, we got zero connection, took up to 5 mins just to connect. We dumped them in favour of Telefonica and had no problems, except that the firm kept sending us bills for the next 12 months, even after we had left Spain. We had written to them to cancel, and informed their local agent.
It was a nightmare after we cancelled with Orange. We got threatening phone calls for around six months, I took most of them because my wife is out at work. (I work from home and need a 24-hour ADSL connection).

When in doubt, I can only speak English, and I annoyed the lady, it was always a woman, from Orange by asking her to speak in English.

Finally, my wife, the interpreter, was at home and I handed her the phone when the Orange lady called. I must say that in all my time in Spain I’ve never heard such bad language. My wife learned her Spanish in Barcelona, many years ago, and I thought at the time of the phone call that it must have been in a rough part of the city.

The air turned blue and my wife was still talking (shouting) long after the Orange lady put the phone down. We never heard from them again.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:06 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

I must admit we have always considered telefonica the best of a bad bunch but the ADSL is sooo slow & has 'apparently' no chance of improvement in the near future. Well at least around here
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

When I dumped Telefonica they were as nice as pie.

They refunded the charges from the date of cancellation without my asking.
They sent a letter thanking me for my business and inviting me back whenever I liked.

The only little hiccup was they kept charging for the hire of the Domino phone, but a single phone call sorted that.

If only they had been so nice and helpful when I was a customer and offered me a deal I would probably still be with them.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

I live between Benalmadena and Torremolinos and only get 1mb from Telefonica! Hardly rural now is it... I need a faster service for my work (internet-based) so am going to have to pay Telefonica 80 euros to be released from the contract (what a nerve, will try and dodge paying it). I would be happy to stay with for the reasons people have said, but can anyone suggest a great deal for someone who needs fast internet for a PC and a laptop, perhaps with WIFI dongle thrown in for when I am out? This package must be out there somewhere, but where?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Have you spoken to Vodafone about their ADSL offering yet?

Seems a couple of people here have had a bad experience but mine (and plenty of clients and friends) has been solid as a rock for almost two years now. Any issues have been quickly sorted without any fuss

39€ a month and I get 15MB, comes with a 3G dongle for resilience if the ADSL fails and you can also use it outside for 2,90€ a day
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
Have you spoken to Vodafone about their ADSL offering yet?

Seems a couple of people here have had a bad experience but mine (and plenty of clients and friends) has been solid as a rock for almost two years now. Any issues have been quickly sorted without any fuss

39€ a month and I get 15MB, comes with a 3G dongle for resilience if the ADSL fails and you can also use it outside for 2,90€ a day
Guy I know has it at home, works well, got another for his office about 1/2 k up the road and is crap, but maybe cos Telefonica is giving them grief changing over.