Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

We have just dumped telefonica.

We have just dumped telefonica.

Old Oct 25th 2010, 10:57 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of
Default We have just dumped telefonica.

Have been thinking about it for a while, the ADSL is abysmal, we can see Alicante & Benidorm from the house but are classed by them as 'Rural' .
Couldn't have been easier, popped into the Vodafone shop in Alicante got a wireless router thingy for the ADSL & a separate one for the phone line even transferred the telefonica phone number within a week !
Whizzing along now with an average 3MG, previously max was .7MG (ish) never 1MG.

We had a bit of confusion over the phone line, fixed line to us meant 'wires', no it means more like 'permanente'. So we have a fixed phone line which is actually completely wireless.
Cost is about the same but at least we can use it !

Last edited by Grebo; Oct 25th 2010 at 11:00 am.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have just dumped telefonica.

I swapped from Telefonica to Vodafone a few months ago.

However I will go back to Telefonica when my present contract ends.

Vodafone was initially similar in speed to Telefonica but at half the price.
Now it has slowed down Vodafone are not interested and their " customer care " is abysmal, no interest and no technical help in English ( I know I am in Spain but my Spanish is not good enough for technical).
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo
Have been thinking about it for a while, the ADSL is abysmal, we can see Alicante & Benidorm from the house but are classed by them as 'Rural' .
Couldn't have been easier, popped into the Vodafone shop in Alicante got a wireless router thingy for the ADSL & a separate one for the phone line even transferred the telefonica phone number within a week !
Whizzing along now with an average 3MG, previously max was .7MG (ish) never 1MG.

We had a bit of confusion over the phone line, fixed line to us meant 'wires', no it means more like 'permanente'. So we have a fixed phone line which is actually completely wireless.
Cost is about the same but at least we can use it !
I thought Vodaphone used the same telefonica line .... therefore if you are rural and the max speed is .7 then thats what you would get with Vodaphone. Why is it different. I'm on rural and have had it confirmed by a few npow that they cant offer me any faster speeds
Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:05 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I thought Vodaphone used the same telefonica line .... therefore if you are rural and the max speed is .7 then thats what you would get with Vodaphone. Why is it different. I'm on rural and have had it confirmed by a few npow that they cant offer me any faster speeds
Yes thats what we where told.

No 'line' is used. It is wireless wotsit, with a sim card in it. We get 3G on the mobile phone (usually), if you have that then you can use it.

The speed is directly related to the amount of local traffic, so it will probably be pretty shite in the summer.

And of course depends on the tariff you choose With ours if we use over a certain amount it will drop to 2MG for the rest of the month, don't know the amount right now (i don't do the technical bits ), but it's a lot & hey I an live with 2MG.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:35 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be dumping them very shortly as well. They're back to their "you haven't paid a bill for 6 months" tricks again............if we haven't paid the bills why do we still have a line? The system would automaticly cut us off and my OH needs the phone for some of his work. Did look at Ono but they're a tad expensive so going to Jazztel.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Just keep your fingers crossed that you never need to deal with 123 the Vodafone so - called customer "services"!!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 9:36 am
I believe.

Well we have been with vodafone for 10 years now with the mobile phones.
Guess we must have the knack
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Tinky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madridboy
We'll be dumping them very shortly as well. They're back to their "you haven't paid a bill for 6 months" tricks again............if we haven't paid the bills why do we still have a line? The system would automaticly cut us off and my OH needs the phone for some of his work. Did look at Ono but they're a tad expensive so going to Jazztel.

I agree, Ono is expensive, but the service is amazing. And having moved a couple of times, phone and internet were installed within 2 hours of us receiving the key! Just heard of someone with Telefonica who had to wait 5 weeks and still had to pay despite no service

No issues with speed, we get what we pay for, and often a bit more

We did consider Vodafone, however after hearing a few horror stories, and as we are happy with Ono, we'll stick with what we have.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I have in the past considered ONO, their cable runs across my gateway.

However they will not connect a single villa.

I do have the option of knocking the villa down and building a block of flats which they would be very willing to connect to
Old Oct 26th 2010, 3:56 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I started with Terra, went over to Wanadoo which then changed to Orange. All went well for years until I needed to finally phone the Orange helpline.

I called several times and was promised each time that an engineer would call within a day or so. He didn’t so I went back to Telefonica.

Funnily enough the Orange engineer, contracted out, called around four months later. He was a young flash guy with a flash car from Alicante and didn’t want to know that I had been with Telefonica for four months. I was calm and polite until the clown wanted to push past me to come into my driveway.

While sitting on the bonnet of his car, he still wanted me to sign a form to say that he had called, otherwise he wouldn’t get paid his petrol money from Alicante. I can be a right softie at times, and appended a D.Duck signature to his piece of paper.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Originally Posted by HBG
I started with Terra, went over to Wanadoo which then changed to Orange. All went well for years until I needed to finally phone the Orange helpline.

I called several times and was promised each time that an engineer would call within a day or so............
Sounds very similar to my experience with Vodafone.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 5:17 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

I called several times and was promised each time that an engineer would call within a day or so. He didn’t so I went back to Telefonica.

Funnily enough the Orange engineer, contracted out, called around four months later. He was a young flash guy with a flash car from Alicante and didn’t want to know that I had been with Telefonica for four months. I was calm and polite until the clown wanted to push past me to come into my driveway.

While sitting on the bonnet of his car, he still wanted me to sign a form to say that he had called, otherwise he wouldn’t get paid his petrol money from Alicante. I can be a right softie at times, and appended a D.Duck signature to his piece of paper.
How did you know his car was from Alicante?.................terrible service nonetheless.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 5:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

How did you know his car was from Alicante?.................terrible service nonetheless.
It had Brit plates.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:00 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It started with an A, and his Tarjeta had an Alicante address on it, and he told me that's where he lived. To be honest, it wasn't entirely his fault, Orange sent his company the service request three months after I phoned them, and he only sat on it for a month.

I actually felt really bad after he drove off, when he drove round the next corner I could see smoke coming from his tyres.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

At one time we dumped telefonica for a wireless system using a dongle, worked in the apartment we lived in at the time, but that was just a temp. place before the one we were to move into was available, when we moved, a distance of about 400 meters, we got zero connection, took up to 5 mins just to connect. We dumped them in favour of Telefonica and had no problems, except that the firm kept sending us bills for the next 12 months, even after we had left Spain. We had written to them to cancel, and informed their local agent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.