Reload this Page >

Watching Olympics in Spain

Watching Olympics in Spain

Old Jan 27th 2014, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Watching Olympics in Spain

Good morning from Canada.

Jim and I will be in Spain in February for two weeks during the Olympics.

Looking for suggestions on where we would be able to watch the olympics, particularly the "hockey" games. Are there pubs or restaurants in Barcelona/Madrid or sports stations in the hotel that we can watch the games?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Watching Olympics in Spain

Originally Posted by willmore

Looking for suggestions on where we would be able to watch the olympics, particularly the "hockey" games. Are there pubs or restaurants in Barcelona/Madrid or sports stations in the hotel that we can watch the games?

Thanks for any help.
67 views and not one response? Really folks..........
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold

I do not think you will find any Uk sports bar showing the hockey games. But you can look for Swedish restaurants / bars. I live on the Costa del Sol and several of the Swedish bars also send the hockey games. Hockey is something Canadians and Swedes have in common
Old Feb 6th 2014, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jonnyx
I do not think you will find any Uk sports bar showing the hockey games. But you can look for Swedish restaurants / bars. I live on the Costa del Sol and several of the Swedish bars also send the hockey games. Hockey is something Canadians and Swedes have in common
LOL - its true, the swedes are as crazy about hockey canadians. Thanks for the tip. I guess I just assumed that they would be covering the olympics on the sports station in spain everyone.

Take care and be well....

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willmore

Thanks for any help.
I have just learned that the Spanish television will send a lot from the Olympics, hockey included (at least some). Swedens first match against the Czech will be sent in Teledeporte (TDP).
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jonnyx
I have just learned that the Spanish television will send a lot from the Olympics, hockey included (at least some). Swedens first match against the Czech will be sent in Teledeporte (TDP).
Thank you so much for the info.

Cheers.....
Old Feb 7th 2014, 3:57 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

We are watching the opening ceremony right now and it is very impressive.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
We are watching the opening ceremony right now and it is very impressive.
I watched it too and agree. IMO better than the UK effort by up his own backside Boyle.

My favourite bits were the ladies doing 'swan lake' very classy and elegant and the 'solar system' part.

That said I can't really get into the whole winter Olympic thing. Perhaps because as a nation we don't have much exposure to these types of sports or the conditions

Last edited by stuboy; Feb 9th 2014 at 11:28 am.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:20 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news, I see, we have just stuffed the Russians at Curling.

Don't care if we never win another match now, I can go out and get drunk on that tonight.