Reload this Page >

Washing machine's and other electric's

Washing machine's and other electric's

Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

keljo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Washing machine's and other electric's

Originally Posted by annerock
Moving to Spain shortly, Should we buy a new washing machine in England or Spain and will our new led tv work in Spain?
Most washing machines here have 800w/1000w spin which isn't very good, we bought ours in the UK before we came and it has a 1600w spin which is much better. The TV will work fine if you are connecting it to a SKY box/DVD player/Video but you may not be able to watch Spanish TV as the frequencies are different (or at least they used to be. maybe different on modern TV's).
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:35 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keljo
Most washing machines here have 800w/1000w spin which isn't very good, we bought ours in the UK before we came and it has a 1600w spin which is much better. The TV will work fine if you are connecting it to a SKY box/DVD player/Video but you may not be able to watch Spanish TV as the frequencies are different (or at least they used to be. maybe different on modern TV's).
Most modern TV's can cope with this OK - the issue is not picture but just sound.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish washing machines have similar spin speed to UK machines - they are all made in Europe anyway!

All modern TVs (unless they are very cheap 14" portables) will receive Spanish TV. They all come from the far east and they certainly do not make them just for the UK market so they will work almost anywhere (French TV is more of a problem than UK TV!).
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say in our last rental - and the property was only about three years old and had a new Spanish washing machine that was terrible. Spin speed 400 - fine in the summer but this time of the year was awful even after a further spin I could still hand wring it drier!!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you can get Spanish machines with low spin speeds - who needs more when the weather is so hot for natural drying!

If you want a high spin speed they are easily available.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Of course you can get Spanish machines with low spin speeds - who needs more when the weather is so hot for natural drying!

If you want a high spin speed they are easily available.

Although I would dispute that the weather is hot all the time (had to use pre-warmer on the car to get it to start this morning) I certainly agree there's not a pressing need for ultra high spin speeds. In fact I almost always set mine to 400 rather than the 1000-odd it could do because it saves not only electricity but also leaves fewer creases!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

And if you have a tumble drier, bring it!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:40 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I have two Panasonic flat screens with built-in freeview and both get a fantastic picture from the Spanish freeview and free premiership live football Sat/Sun and midweek week. Arsenal game Saturday.1600 Spain

http://liveonsat.com/today.php?start...&end_yyyy=2009

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jan 10th 2009 at 2:50 am.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Washing machine's and other electric's

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I have two Panasonic flat screens with built-in freeview and both get a fantastic picture from the Spanish freeview and free premiership live football Sat/Sun and midweek week. Arsenal game Saturday.1600 Spain

http://liveonsat.com/today.php?start...&end_yyyy=2009
It is my understanding that "Plasma" is more delicate than "LCD" when brown outs and spikes are fact of life so I am leaning to Sony LCD rather than Panasonic plasma but I do really fancy the Panasonic Freesat which would do away with the need for a SKY box and I could feed the Spanish channels through the digital ariel to get the premiership games. How do you protect your plasma screens?

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

jdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to all

Some great bargains to be had in Carrefour, we have just bought a LCD TV 32 was 500 euros reduced to 200 euros! Talking of washing machines I bought my Balay washing machine here in Spain 13 years ago and have never had any problems. (I hope I am not tempting fate by saying that.)
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:19 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by John & Kath
It is my understanding that "Plasma" is more delicate than "LCD" when brown outs and spikes are fact of life so I am leaning to Sony LCD rather than Panasonic plasma but I do really fancy the Panasonic Freesat which would do away with the need for a SKY box and I could feed the Spanish channels through the digital ariel to get the premiership games. How do you protect your plasma screens?

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Both are Panasonic LCD Screens The freeview is built in I think they build Freesat in now. I also have Sky High definition and have a perfect picture.The freeview is run through a high gain aerial and is showing 9 out of 10 for signal strength. The Sky is though a dish of course and I get all channels that I pay for and good signal quality .

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jan 10th 2009 at 11:23 am.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annerock
Moving to Spain shortly, Should we buy a new washing machine in England or Spain and will our new led tv work in Spain?
Just remember that your 'UK' washing machine will not be covered by its guarantee here once you bring it out. Most of the well known makes are available here, Zanussi etc, and will usually have multilanguage instructions, so probably easier to buy out here as you will have a valid guarantee.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:59 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Just remember that your 'UK' washing machine will not be covered by its guarantee here once you bring it out. Most of the well known makes are available here, Zanussi etc, and will usually have multilanguage instructions, so probably easier to buy out here as you will have a valid guarantee.
Warrenty for twice as long also....
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

You need a full blown UPS rather than just a power surge protector and don't buy a washing machine with electronic controls because the first spike will render it useless.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

As a serial browser - WOW.
Thanks for all the helpful information.