Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Warm year round climate

Warm year round climate

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:09 am
Just Joined

peacelife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warm year round climate

Can anyone give experience as to where it is warm all year round in Spain? I am not looking at hot but a climate where you can wear t-shirts in Jan would be nice

...and I am not interested in the Canary Islands!!

Thanks guys!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Warm year round climate

Gran Canaria. Vanencia. Maybe Sevilla
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Originally Posted by peacelife
Can anyone give experience as to where it is warm all year round in Spain? I am not looking at hot but a climate where you can wear t-shirts in Jan would be nice

Thanks guys!

I live in Javea and wear shorts 95% of the year, usually with just a t shirt etc. But, we do have some right cold, raw days living so close to the Mediterranean Sea. Coming from Scotland originally where we wore shorts all year round at school, I think I am possibly a bit used to handling the cold!!.. I got some funny looks from people here last Jan and Feb when I wore shorts.

Firtreesix
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys!
People who livehere tend to wear trousers and sweaters in the colder months like Dec Jan and Feb, while the tourists wear t shirts and shorts. it's a question of what you are used to, we get used to temps in the high 20s and in the 30's, so temps in the low 20s and high teens seem cold. To tourists these are high temps compared with the UK, and even on the cooler days can be as hot as UK summer days. If you are coming to live thn, no doubt, you WILL need to get something warmer than t shirt and shorts on some days. The chap living opposite to me went out this morning, he was in his shorts, but had a padded jacket on as well.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:58 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

T shirts in Jan in Sevilla? No way! It´s already verging on the long trouser weather here in Sevilla (and nobody goes out in public this time of year wearing shorts anyway...except tourists) and will be until next April/May. Come November you need the heating on and you wouldn´t venture out without a jacket/several layers. We had snow the last 2 winters.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Was just going by the "average" temperatures (official records) in those months. Of course, you living there can give more accurate info.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Thanks guys!
Denia on the Costa Blanca - warm now, but chilly first thing this morning and last night because of clear skies. And this is October. December to February can be cold in the evenings and nights, but during the afternoon it is usually 60-75 depending.

Beware of EAs who promise you sun all year and "no heating bills" for winter!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:45 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The most temperate climate in Spain is on the south coast. The temperatures on the Costa Blanca are very similar. The difference between Almeria and Alicante is about 1 degree in favour of Almeria.

Even then there are many days when it is far too cold for T-shirts and shorts.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Where we are, most people put trousers on for the winter, only the tourists wear shorts as its still warm to them.
Aound 16.00 it gets colder though and you need a sweater, but is still usually in double figures.
Mind you we have sunbathed around Christmas sometimes.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys!
Nowhere, in my opinion.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:49 pm
Yorkshire and Hondon

GILBEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys!
Hi,

I have just bought a holiday home in the Hondon valley in Costa Blanca. It is in the mountains about 30 minutes from the coast and I understand can get quite chilly and windy on an evening in winter. I have got friends nearer the coast however who have sunbathed on Christmas Day. So it was either lovely weather or just insane british behaviour! I think anywhere in Southern Spain has got to be better than England in January
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:56 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Hondon area is coldest about Feb/March - need heating on in the house from about Nov'. The mountain area is usually 4/5 deg colder than the beach areas. The winds (no they are Gales) can be horrendous in Hondon in the winter... they blow right through the valley and wreak havoc with your garden / anything not secured down. And it doesn't rain much but when it does !!!!

Today it was about 23 deg lovely weather. But it is getting to be long trousers on an evening, a couple of weeks and it'll be too cold for shorts.

As for christmas, last year was really warm and we had a BBQ on Boxing Day !!!! - but generally it's very changeable from now until April I guess. BUT STILL BETTER THAN OL' BLIGHTY - YES YES YES!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

We have been wearing t shirts in January February about 25 o but cold mornings and evenings then. Swimming today in the sea.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

You don't make a mistake with Spain that I already said it in another thread, Spain it is not Cuba. It is necessary to know this country, because the winter is cold, and the interior of Spain is a refrigerator. Madrid, Soria, León or Teruel. In Teruel they can be reached in winter siberian temperatures, of the order of among -16 to - 22 Cº, even beside my county, in Albacete, the winters are also very serious

The temperature in the coast (and conform more to the south) it is more benign (three englishmen died 2 ó 3 years ago in Sierra Nevada) but sometimes even with sun, the wind is totally icy

How is the climate in United Kingdom in winter?

Last edited by Relampago; Oct 22nd 2007 at 6:44 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
You don't make a mistake with Spain that I already said it in another thread, Spain it is not Cuba. It is necessary to know this country, because the winter is cold, and the interior of Spain is a refrigerator. Madrid, Soria, León or Teruel. In Teruel they can be reached in winter siberian temperatures, of the order of among -16 to - 22 Cº, even beside my county, in Albacete, the winters are also very serious

The temperature in the coast (and conform more to the south) it is more benign (three englishmen died 2 ó 3 years ago in Sierra Nevada) but sometimes even with sun, the wind is totally icy

How is the climate in United Kingdom in winter?
Most of the UK in winter is very cold, wet and foggy, but then it can also be cold and sunny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.