At war again?

Old Oct 20th 2011, 5:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At war again?

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
It will be similar to iraq and how many weeks will it be before they turn on the British and French and NATO. None of the of the so called Arab spring countries are stable. According to some of the media there are some terrible atrocities being committed by the rebels in Libya. Naive Cameron and his pals couldn't learn the lessons they are always talking about learning
Yeh, I'm sure it would have been a much nicer place to live had the Gadaffi family been left in charge.

As your previous negative predictions (as usual), were wide of the mark I don't imagine these will be any closer.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:25 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

They weren't off the mark, Egyptians burning Christians, Tunisians rioting and burning anything that doesn't suit their new fundamentalism. They changed a Dictator for another load of nutters....we shall see who is correct
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:31 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
They weren't off the mark, Egyptians burning Christians, Tunisians rioting and burning anything that doesn't suit their new fundamentalism. They changed a Dictator for another load of nutters....we shall see who is correct
I hope you are wrong. It would be nice if we could see steps towards a more democratic world.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:33 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

It has to be said that most revolutions end either in a new dictator (think Napoleon, or Stalin), or end up in factional fighting and/or civil war. Still, at least the Libyan people have the chance now to build a new future without Gadaffi. I wish them all the luck, at least they should have the finances to prosper with all that oil. I'm afraid I share Jacky's pessimism on this issue, but as she said, we will see in time.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:03 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It was funny seeing such an old thread resurrected. I was vain enough to read some of the early posts which bore my name.

I've just heard Cameron on the news from next door and it has put me off. I wonder how much it cost to finally kill the nutter with the golden gun?

Who pays for such a war?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:27 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Bet Cameron was glad we picked the winning side, eh?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 8:52 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I read an extremely interesting autobiography of the Rothchild family some years ago. They were Jewish moneylenders based in Frankfurt in Germany some two to three-hundred years ago.

The wealthy family lent money to German states, France and England whenever they wanted, or needed to go to war. In those days money was gold and silver in caskets, shipped across the channel if it was borrowed by England.

The loan was always repaid, with interest, when the wars were over, from the spoils of war.

Fast forwarding to Libya, today, has anything changed? The NATO victors will get cheap oil, the interest on their investment from seven months ago when they dropped bombs at a million pounds a throw on the desert nutter.

Who's next?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Gaddafi double crossed Britain. We struck a deal involving the release of Megrahi for Libyan oil. In the end Gaddafi stuck two fingers up to Britain & opted to sell to the Chinese instead who were prepared to pay more than we are for oil.

What else could we do? Without oil the country will grind to a halt. No food, no electric, no cars, no lorries, no police, no hospitals...............

It's better to rule the world with an iron fist than sit by as society around you crumbles into dust overnight.

How many still believe the government wants to protect the enviroment? We have to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels. Emerging markets in China & India are paying premium prices to buy all the worlds natural resources. These nations continue to flourish but Europe stagnates in recession & the problem will get worse & worse until such time as we literally have no oil (and it's not as far away as you might think).

We have to go green, we have to develop nuclear energy & windfarms because if we don't then December 2012 will come true (albeit a couple of years behind schedule)
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:57 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by licinius View Post
Gaddafi double crossed Britain. We struck a deal involving the release of Megrahi for Libyan oil. In the end Gaddafi stuck two fingers up to Britain & opted to sell to the Chinese instead who were prepared to pay more than we are for oil.

What else could we do? Without oil the country will grind to a halt. No food, no electric, no cars, no lorries, no police, no hospitals...............

It's better to rule the world with an iron fist than sit by as society around you crumbles into dust overnight.

How many still believe the government wants to protect the enviroment? We have to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels. Emerging markets in China & India are paying premium prices to buy all the worlds natural resources. These nations continue to flourish but Europe stagnates in recession & the problem will get worse & worse until such time as we literally have no oil (and it's not as far away as you might think).

We have to go green, we have to develop nuclear energy & windfarms because if we don't then December 2012 will come true (albeit a couple of years behind schedule)
Well, I've read your post twice, but there's something not right there.

You're not a Martian, are you?

They're supposed to be green people.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG View Post

Another reasoned response from somebody who know's what's really going on in the world
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:28 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Another reasoned response from somebody who know's what's really going on in the world
well it is nice to see such a reasoned response after reading yours. It just don't make sense.
perhaps you would like to move to Morecombe and Blackpool where they have just found enough gas to keep the UK warm for decades.

or would you like to take your iron fist mentality and do what the Japanese did because their escapades in China had used up all their oil.?
believe it or not the UK cannot afford any more of these little wars, we have no ships, the aircraft are in many cases older than the pilots.

Libya and its problems could well come back to bite us on the backside, siding with dissidents will lead to more dissidents wanting us to help. Why did we jump in to Libya when we still have Mugabe in Zimbabwe laughing at us.?
Why have we taken a lead in the replacement of, no matter how despicable, the leader of a soveriegn state.? Who do we think we are - the USofA.?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have plenty of natural resources, but these are owned by private companies & sold to the highest bidder (why do you think we have gas shortages through the winter?).

I don't have an ironfist mentality, despite being a former soldier I believe every single one of our troops should be brought home IMMEDIATELY!

Finally Mugabe doesn't have oil, you should know that.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:23 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG View Post

I think he's possibly an apologist for gaddafi.

Funny bloke tho, eh?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:27 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

We have plenty of natural resources, but these are owned by private companies & sold to the highest bidder (why do you think we have gas shortages through the winter?).

I don't have an ironfist mentality, despite being a former soldier I believe every single one of our troops should be brought home IMMEDIATELY!

Finally Mugabe doesn't have oil, you should know that.
I only quoted you when I made that comment.

I am more than aware of what Zimbabwe has or has not, having spent many fruitless weeks ploughing furrows off Beira.....

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/zi.html
states they have platinum, cotton, tobacco, gold, ferroalloys,
So why are we in Afghanistan who only have wheat, fruits, nuts; wool, mutton, sheepskins, lambskins ? OOps forgot the opium.

Last edited by Domino; Oct 21st 2011 at 5:29 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 6:36 pm
bil
Banned

)
Hmmm. I wonder what it is I smell here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.