British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   At war again? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/war-again-710009/)

anonimouse Mar 24th 2011 9:48 pm

Re: At war again?

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9262872)
He's only going to be a threat if he has the Libyan oil revenues behind him.

Saw something on the news , only caught the end of it, they said he was sitting on so many millions of Gold.

Dick Dasterdly Mar 24th 2011 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by anonimouse (Post 9262954)
Saw something on the news , only caught the end of it, they said he was sitting on so many millions of Gold.

Ah , so once they've got his ass, all will be revealed. :rofl:

jackytoo Mar 24th 2011 10:29 pm

I also read this morning that when Iraq fell into anarchy, many who entered the country to stir things up were Al Queda operatives from Banghazi! The West may regret they didn't leave the despot in power.....we shall see how it pans out.

Wasn't in the mail either.

bil Mar 24th 2011 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo (Post 9263052)
I also read this morning that when Iraq fell into anarchy, many who entered the country to stir things up were Al Queda operatives from Banghazi! The West may regret they didn't leave the despot in power.....we shall see how it pans out.

Wasn't in the mail either.

No, it was the Butterscotch Brigade of the Pixie army.

HBG Mar 25th 2011 8:28 pm

Sitting on my terrace tonight, I usually look out for the Malaga plane, but tonight the sky was filled with the roar of much more powerful jets.

It doesn’t make sense, Alicante is not on the flight path to Libya from the UK or France, and surely the US would fly from their giant base at Frankfurt. Are the Irish joining in?

It can’t be the Portuguese, they’re skint.

Dick Dasterdly Mar 25th 2011 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9264639)
Sitting on my terrace tonight, I usually look out for the Malaga plane, but tonight the sky was filled with the roar of much more powerful jets.

It doesn’t make sense, Alicante is not on the flight path to Libya from the UK or France, and surely the US would fly from their giant base at Frankfurt. Are the Irish joining in?

The USAF were doing some round trips across the pond when the op.started.
Don't know if they still are.

betris Mar 25th 2011 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9264639)

mabie they were spanish.or was it too mutch vino on the patio:rofl:

HBG Mar 25th 2011 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by betris (Post 9264802)
mabie they were spanish.or was it too mutch vino on the patio:rofl:

You're a funny ****er that could be even funnier if you learnt how to spell. I suspect you know that and are playing on it. It's wearisome, honestly, but I suppose it's all you know.

betris Mar 26th 2011 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9264996)
You're a funny ****er that could be even funnier if you learnt how to spell. I suspect you know that and are playing on it. It's wearisome, honestly, but I suppose it's all you know.

oooh HBG:are you angry :wub:xxxx

bil Mar 26th 2011 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by betris (Post 9266604)
oooh HBG:are you angry :wub:xxxx

Oh please, not a lovers' tiff........

HBG Mar 26th 2011 11:21 pm

FXXk off, both of you. Mind you, irreverence lifts any discussion. I've forgotten what this one is about, something like dropping bombs on the right Libyans? We're dropping them at a million pounds a time, it might be right morally, it's bollocks economically.

kimilseung Mar 26th 2011 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9266641)
FXXk off, both of you. Mind you, irreverence lifts any discussion. I've forgotten what this one is about, something like dropping bombs on the right Libyans? We're dropping them at a million pounds a time, it might be right morally, it's bollocks economically.

Actualy, most people consider Gadaffi a leftist.

betris Mar 27th 2011 12:00 am

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9266641)

I think maybe your pet rat is making you ratty:rofl:

HBG Mar 27th 2011 9:41 am

Yesterday’s TV presented fireworks in Trafalgar Square, a change from the ones in Libya. At least our demonstrators didn’t face tanks and government snipers on the rooftops, just a line of police covered in paint and under strict orders not to beat anyone up in front of the cameras.

I was going to comment on that poor Libyan woman trying to tell the story of how she was gang-raped by Gadaffi forces, only to be led away for some more raping; but thinking back to other wars I’ve read about, stretching back over the centuries, it’s just part of war, sadly.

And when they pass around the peace pipe, eventually, those stories will be forgotten.

bil Mar 27th 2011 9:58 am

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9267141)
Yesterday’s TV presented fireworks in Trafalgar Square, a change from the ones in Libya. At least our demonstrators didn’t face tanks and government snipers on the rooftops, just a line of police covered in paint and under strict orders not to beat anyone up in front of the cameras.

I was going to comment on that poor Libyan woman trying to tell the story of how she was gang-raped by Gadaffi forces, only to be led away for some more raping; but thinking back to other wars I’ve read about, stretching back over the centuries, it’s just part of war, sadly.

And when they pass around the peace pipe, eventually, those stories will be forgotten.

Gang rape? According to someone on here we shouldn't interfere in Libya, and just allow them to get on with their quaint customs like torture and gang rape in peace......