Walt Disney

Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Walt Disney

I have some friends that are in some sort of property club
They have received some information that Walt Disney Europe are thinking of relocating in Spain/Portugal .
Anyone else heard or read about it ?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:54 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Walt Disney

Originally Posted by chrismortley
They have received some information that Walt Disney Europe are thinking of relocating in Spain/Portugal .
Hi Chris,

Me and Benny worked on the construction of Euro Disney all those years ago. There were rumours flying around back then that Disney were thinking of building in southern Spain. But that was about 16 years ago.

Sam
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Chris,

Me and Benny worked on the construction of Euro Disney all those years ago. There were rumours flying around back then that Disney were thinking of building in southern Spain. But that was about 16 years ago.

Sam
Hi Sam
I personally don't think it will happen,but apparently the people concerned considered it a hot bit of news
I can't see it being in the Ayamonte area with all that's going on at the moment

Chris
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Mr Impish will become famous soon enoughMr Impish will become famous soon enough

Not heard that but did hear they were going to open one in Bahrain. That would be another dumb decision based on the "non love of everything American" in that part of the world!
Disneyland Paris must be empty or closed 50% of the year surely? It should always have been sited much nearer the equator. Southern Spain would have been the sensible choice then and still is. You still cant beat the experience of Disney Florida though.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

The rumour was reported last year in the Sunday Times, but I´ve not heard anything since. Talks centred on Manilva apparantly. See this article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle706018.ece
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:34 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Please God let it be Manilva. Would have thought somewhere like Torremolinos would be ideal.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Its not a theme park but these guys seem to think it's happening?

http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/spa...ticle-709.html

And Mickey himself says it's happening

http://www.mickeynews.com/News/Displ...Q_id_E_526Camp

But a year is along time for a mouse!!

Last edited by leighbloke; Feb 9th 2007 at 3:56 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:09 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

This one has been doing the rounds for many many years! Whilst it should have been here instead of Paris, goodness knows if it will really happen.

I reckon its a pr stunt by some real estates to pacify their owners who have overpaid for 2 bed apartments in the area!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

A mate of mine was caught stealing from a disney park , he was charged with taking the mickey !
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:19 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mourinho
A mate of mine was caught stealing from a disney park , he was charged with taking the mickey !
OUCH!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy
This one has been doing the rounds for many many years! Whilst it should have been here instead of Paris, goodness knows if it will really happen.

I reckon its a pr stunt by some real estates to pacify their owners who have overpaid for 2 bed apartments in the area!
And been promised 55 weeks a year rental ;-)
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:19 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Terra Mitica (owned by Paramount) didn't seem to do so well, as at one point they had to close due to financial problems.

Florida is an all year holiday destination, hence the success whereas you have to say that Spain is a very seasonal holiday destination on the costas ... makes you wonder if it could be a success, bearing in mind the amount of money they have to spend on it. Guess it would have to be near Barca or Madrid.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

My Spanish family who work within the Town Hall Estepona, said to me some 5months ago that Estepona was to be involved with the Disney theme in this next year.

So we will wait and see
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:17 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

The question is if they do will it be later found to be illegal?