Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Static/mobile Homes

Static/mobile Homes

Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:12 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Static/mobile Homes

Does anyone here live in one of them static homes? I was liasing with a company called xxxx some time ago and the static homes looked fantastic ranging from 30-60k or something. Just wondering if anyone here has actually ever looked at some of those places in Spaina and what they thought of them. Some of these places are for residents only ie no letting the property so I would think a good relationship between neighbors would be possible in such a place. These places look like proper houses in some cases.

I understand about depreciation etc and the merits of bricks and morter over a static home but if it was in a nice area and fit for purpose, would last 30 years or more isnt it a viable option?

Thanks all
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Static/mobile Homes

I visited one of these a couple of years ago, belonged to a friend of a friend. Was very impressed with it, was 1 bedroom but very spacious and well fitted out, with decking all around the outside. All the static homes were at the rear of the site backing onto a golf course. On site they had a shop, 1 pizza parlour, 1 restaurant, 1 clubhouse with nightly entertainement (bingo, quiz, dance etc) 2 pools. The lady who owned it told me she paid £47000 for it which I thought was good, but the down side was the ground rent which then was £3000 a year and goes up by 10% every year. Would imagine that varies from site to site