Wall paint

Old Oct 28th 2015, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of
Default Wall paint

Can anyone tell me the name of the ubiquitous lumpy paint used on the interior walls in Spain? I want to paint one of my bathrooms in the UK with it.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 10:54 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wall paint

I think you will find its not the paint but the product applied to the wall first.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of

Lovely, thanks. Do you know what it is that has been applied. I tried to explain what it was like to my painter last year but he applied sand textured paint and it's dreadful.
Old Oct 29th 2015, 7:00 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I think what you are referring to is simply render (cement, sand and water) that has then been sponged rather than floated - gives a much rougher finish.
Old Oct 29th 2015, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, not as simple a task as I had thought. Plan B is to take a sanding disc to the walls.
Old Oct 29th 2015, 10:03 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

What one normally does in these circumstances is to have them skimmed with plaster (yeso) - by no means a small task.

Sanding of render isn't possible. However, give it a go and let us know as my theory might not be correct (about it actually being render).
Old Oct 29th 2015, 3:58 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

It´s called Rugoso. It´s not a paint, you paint over it. You can find it on Google. I´ve used it inside and out and, while you´ll never be able to match the finish perfectly, it does a good job. It may be what your builder used. You can get it in fine and course, interior and exterior. You can apply it in various ways but I have a sponge roller with holes in it that I bought from Leroy Merlin.
Old Oct 29th 2015, 7:55 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

It is like plaster that is quite runny & its applied with a spray gun that "spits" it out onto the wall, this can be via an air gun & I have seen a mechanical type used as well.
When dry you paint over it & its very durable with the bonus of hiding an imperfection here & there.