Reload this Page >

walks in northern costa blanca

walks in northern costa blanca

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

jules63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default walks in northern costa blanca

Hi

can anyone recommend a good book detailing the walking around Oliva/Gandia or further afield - there seem to be a few about but wondered if anyone could recommend the best one.

Thanks

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: walks in northern costa blanca

I know someone who can, will get details and pm you

Originally Posted by jules63
Hi

can anyone recommend a good book detailing the walking around Oliva/Gandia or further afield - there seem to be a few about but wondered if anyone could recommend the best one.

Thanks

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

http://www.topwalks.net/en/index.htm
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Mitzy, how many of them have you done and which was your favourite?

Rosemary
Old Aug 4th 2009, 11:10 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Mitzy, how many of them have you done and which was your favourite?

Rosemary
You think I'm the walking type do you

Mrs Mitz is not into going up inclines, prefers to walk on a flat surface, but I keep thinking about trying some when the weather cools down in Oct / Nov.

Have you done any?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You think I'm the walking type do you

Mrs Mitz is not into going up inclines, prefers to walk on a flat surface, but I keep thinking about trying some when the weather cools down in Oct / Nov.

Have you done any?
Only walked part way up one of the mountains behind our town in unsuitable shoes so far, too busy with doing the house up since. Been looking for something such as your link (thanks for that) so will probably start on one or two of them in November.

Rosemary
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:31 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Only walked part way up one of the mountains behind our town in unsuitable shoes so far, too busy with doing the house up since. Been looking for something such as your link (thanks for that) so will probably start on one or two of them in November.

Rosemary
Ive done the one behind my house as well, goes onto the pine forests and over the mountaintops. A bit tough, and helped to ruin my Vans!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:33 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks

There are lots of good walks inland.
As a start I suggest you visit the website www.abdet.com, this walking holidays site has lots of walks listed with pdf maps and directions. I've done about half of them and can recomend them.
I have bought a number of Costa Blanca walking books on Amazon, but couldnt recomend any of them.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:25 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Starting from the Las Rotas part of Denia, there are two long walks which will take you to the top of the Montgo mountain, involving some moderate climbing. It takes about three hours to get to the top, so you will need provisions. It's not safe at this time of year because of the fire risks.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

jules63 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advice everyone - now all i have to do is persuade someone to come with me!!