Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vodafone Sim - UK & Spain

Vodafone Sim - UK & Spain

Old May 28th 2010, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vodafone Sim - UK & Spain

I am with Vodafone Spain as I live here. I also have an English mobile and sim for when I go back. My question is if I buy a new phone from the UK and it is locked to Vodafone UK. Can I then swop my Vodafone Spanish sim and use it in the new Vodafone UK locked mobile. Phew.
Old May 28th 2010, 2:40 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Vodafone Sim - UK & Spain

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I am with Vodafone Spain as I live here. I also have an English mobile and sim for when I go back. My question is if I buy a new phone from the UK and it is locked to Vodafone UK. Can I then swop my Vodafone Spanish sim and use it in the new Vodafone UK locked mobile. Phew.
there lock two the network you buy the phone from , but buy out right that give u the unlock code , you will pay lot money for the phone 399.00 would around price on a good phone , but used top up are sing up any think from 30 - 199 .

dont for get if dont top up every 4 - 6 months you lose you telphone number

and when you romming turn off the web , data as it 7 euros in spain
Old May 28th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

I'm afraid not.
Old May 28th 2010, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaggymon
I'm afraid not.
That´s a bugger. Unlocked phones seem to cost a lot more.
Old May 28th 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

It also means me having two buy two new phones one for UK and one for Spain as the Spanish one is now pretty old and rubbish.
Old May 28th 2010, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

That´s a bugger. Unlocked phones seem to cost a lot more.
Can't you just get the phone unlocked? There are lots of shops in Spain (and britian) that do this. Last time I needed a british phone unlocked it cost about €6 and took 5 minutes.
Old May 28th 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

when I returned to the uk for an 18 month spell, I had my spanish mobile(using the vodaphone network)unlocked for £5. Well worth the money to keep a phone whose mechanics I understand......
Old May 28th 2010, 5:34 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

We've been on contract with Vodafone Spain for 18 months - the contract period finished today.

We rang Vodafone and asked for the phone to be unlocked. They said the cost would be 6Euros and as they had to talk to Samsung, it would be done by early next week.

Really easy - no need to hunt down a dodgy dealer with a laptop at a car boot fair
Old May 29th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

I have just paid 20 pounds for a very nice and an unlocked phone from that very large mobile phone company in the UK. I have several sim cards which I now use at various times for when I am in the UK and or Spain
Old May 29th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by surreygirl
I have just paid 20 pounds for a very nice and an unlocked phone from that very large mobile phone company in the UK. I have several sim cards which I now use at various times for when I am in the UK and or Spain
As a matter of interest what did you get?
Old May 29th 2010, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

A very nice little slim line Nokia
Old May 29th 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by surreygirl
A very nice little slim line Nokia
It´s a Nokia I am after but a 6303.
Old May 29th 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Well there were a lot on sale which were open ie unlocked! I bought the cheapest as all I want is to receive is calls and also to make them so mine is perfect
Old May 29th 2010, 7:34 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I bought an unlocked phone in Canada last year; I have used it on both Vodafone & Movistar.

I believe there are phone that can have two sim cards simultaneously - they may be a better bet

Davexf
Old May 30th 2010, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I bought an unlocked phone in Canada last year; I have used it on both Vodafone & Movistar.

I believe there are phone that can have two sim cards simultaneously - they may be a better bet

Davexf
Never heard of that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.