Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vodafone "lack of information"

Vodafone "lack of information"

Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice
Default Vodafone "lack of information"

Just taken a new Vodafone 18 month contract out as my previous phone was stolen and I had to cancel number and sim and wanted to change network.

Received my first bill 2 days after getting phone.!!

Charged €21 for the being a new customer having a new number.!!!

Now find out the the €9 "consumo minimo" is a base charge each month and does not include any texts or calls. Previous provider had €10 minimum which included calls/texts up to the minimum charge.

The €21 new number charge is not mentioned in Vodafone sales literature and came as a suprise to the mobile shop .... and the "consumo minimo" was also not decscibed in any literature. Do Vodafone want new customers ????

I am about to parcel up the phone and sim etc and send back to Vodafone Madrid telling them to cancel the 18 month Contract .... whilst I cancel the Direct Debit at the Bank.

However, I am being told if I cancel/walk away from the Contract after a week or so, Vodafone will black me with every operator in Spain.

Any thoughts please ???
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vodafone "lack of information"

Can't comment on most of what you have said but I also have the 9€ cuota minima with vodafone, HOWEVER, this does include calls/SMS. Are you sure that yours does not??

Out of interest why didn't you keep your old number? When I changed from Movistar to Vodafone I wasn't charged 21€......but perhaps that was because I kept my old number??? Not sure, just guessing.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone "lack of information"

i guess cos the sim / fone was robbed, so they would be using the number ? although most of the time they bin the sim and keep the handset.

im also on a 9€ / min / month, including costs - but its movistar.