Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vodafone 60 for 1

Vodafone 60 for 1

Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Vodafone 60 for 1

Does anyone use Vodafone 60 for 1, in conjunction with (for example) a Eurodirect card for calls to the U.K.? I am thinking of buying a Vodafone sim to use for this, and I am wondering if there's a catch.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone 60 for 1

Originally Posted by petew
Does anyone use Vodafone 60 for 1, in conjunction with (for example) a Eurodirect card for calls to the U.K.? I am thinking of buying a Vodafone sim to use for this, and I am wondering if there's a catch.
do you mean that vitamina 60 thing, where you pay for one minute and get the rest of the hour free? if so yeah its true- but mobile companies are so skanky here, you pay for the first minute (about 40ish p?) plus the call connection charge, plus vat, so all in that first minute is about 60p ish.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I use Vodafone Plan Vitamina 60 x 1 and my calls cost €0,34 for up to an hour to other Vodafone mobiles and Spanish landlines. If I need to use my mobile to call the UK I call a Madrid geographical telephone number (starting with 91) issued by Jajah then dial the UK number.

The call to Madrid is the same, €0,34 for up to an hour and the Jajah charge is €0,026 (just over two and a half céntimos) per minute.

I have three mobiles for which I pay a monthly charge of €9 each and I do not pay for any calls unless I go over €9 on each one.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Surely the Vitamina is for National Calls and not International ones?

http://www.vodafone.es/idiomas/ingle...contratos.html

and see the other tariffs....
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I use Vodafone Plan Vitamina 60 x 1 and my calls cost €0,34 for up to an hour to other Vodafone mobiles and Spanish landlines. If I need to use my mobile to call the UK I call a Madrid geographical telephone number (starting with 91) issued by Jajah then dial the UK number.

The call to Madrid is the same, €0,34 for up to an hour and the Jajah charge is €0,026 (just over two and a half céntimos) per minute.

I have three mobiles for which I pay a monthly charge of €9 each and I do not pay for any calls unless I go over €9 on each one.
is that with a contract? i have pay as you go but i need to change i think!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it is with a contract.

Nige, yes it is only for national calls. I use the call to Madrid to access the Jajah service then use Jajah to make the international leg of the call.

So, it costs me €0,34 for up to an hour for a national call to Madrid which is billed by Vodafone and €0,026 per minute for the international leg of the call which is deducted from my Jajah account.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

It is for prepaid as well.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beachcomber, thanks for your post - obviously it works well for you. I think I will give it a go as I think I am going to have a spell without a landline. I have looked at the PhoneHouse catalogue and it shows it as being available for prepago as well as contract.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't make a lot of calls this way because I normally use Skype or my landline in conjunction with Jajah which is cheaper than using my mobile.

I don't know what Vodafone's pre-paid rates are.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petew
It is for prepaid as well.
got a leaflet today from the vodafone shop and its cheaper per minute with a contract! so think i am gonna get one, i think the only 'rule' is that you have to spend at least 9euros per month- well they will take that out of your acc whether you spend the 9 euros or not.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, the way they put it is that you pay €9 per month and you get up to €9 worth of free calls. This has always seemed a good deal to me especially when I compare it to the tariff of my first mobile telephone which was 5.000 pesteas (about €30) per month plus nearly 100 pesetas per minute for calls (plus IVA).
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Yes, the way they put it is that you pay €9 per month and you get up to €9 worth of free calls. This has always seemed a good deal to me especially when I compare it to the tariff of my first mobile telephone which was 5.000 pesteas (about €30) per month plus nearly 100 pesetas per minute for calls (plus IVA).
we went to do the contract yesterday, as
-on pay as you go you pay 60ish p for the 1st minute (then get the rest of the hour free)
-on contract that 1st minute is 34p (again rest of the hour is free).

The only thing was, if you are transfering from payg to contract, you need to have been with vodafone on payg for 6 months to get a free phone, which for us happens next monday so we'll we waiting till then. The lady also explained that any credit you may have on your payg will get knocked off your 1st bill.