Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Visit arranged for end of month

Visit arranged for end of month

Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:23 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Re: Visit arranged for end of month

Originally Posted by poollounger
Have a look on the net....try Kyero to give you some idea of prices.....and look and look and look. It took us a year to find the right place.
What a fantastic site Kyero and thanks very much for the link. It has been a real eye opener looking at some of the prices on there. It just seems bizzare the prices v the UK prices and almost surreal. I will definatley go on the tour now with reservations about something through them looking at the prices on Kyero. For sure there is a case for selling in UK and then going to rent until I find something I like. If all went well what would be a reasonable amount of time from viewing to buying and crossing the threshold of a property that was yours? I would hope to pay cash for whatever I buy so would pass on the mortgage part.

Thanks again for that link.

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:33 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
What a fantastic site Kyero and thanks very much for the link. It has been a real eye opener looking at some of the prices on there. It just seems bizzare the prices v the UK prices and almost surreal. I will definatley go on the tour now with reservations about something through them looking at the prices on Kyero. For sure there is a case for selling in UK and then going to rent until I find something I like. If all went well what would be a reasonable amount of time from viewing to buying and crossing the threshold of a property that was yours? I would hope to pay cash for whatever I buy so would pass on the mortgage part.

Steve
Be careful with Kyero - in some areas they haven´t gathered enough stats yet to be able to give reasonable average prices. Eg, the town where the average house price was 750,000 euros...based on an average of ONE property.

Make sure the check the number of houses that they have used to obtain their average price.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:47 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Steve
It took us approx 5 weeks from saying yes to geting the Keys, our house was empty.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:08 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Hi Steve...yes I agree with Keith re prices...they can be quite approximate, but I think Kyero is an excellent source of estate agents, far better than surfing the net. Prices vary a great deal for the same property from estate agent to estate agent, as they put their own mark up on what the vendor is seeking, but be wary of the 'and the next release will be another 20,000Eu ' approach. We looked at Costa Esuri (much discussed on this forum )having been canvassed at a property exhibition, and it was all too seductive. Looked at the show house, and as we were there on a Bank Holdiday and there were no construction site staff around, we ended up on the site climbing up ladders and checking out views. Started wondering about stretching the budget to accom the one we wanted, but do walk away and have a think.
Buying a one off and not on an urbanisation can take a little longer, but in my opinion you can ened up with better value for money.
With no mortgage it could be very quick. But it cannot be stressed enough, do not be in a hurry, and make a decision only after you have viewed as many properties as you have the stamina to explore.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:46 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Is £850 pounds assuming no mortgage a decent income in Spain please?
Again thanks for all the responses however I would have been particurly interested some feed back on if £850 and no mortgage is a decent income in Spain. Assuming we can get Sky tv and internet that would be each of us happy. I suppose its about 1200 euros.

I may well get around another £100 a month interest on savings so maybe looking at around 1350 euros of guaranteed income before finding any work. Does this sound like an impossible dream given I am still 20 years from a state pension or do I have the basis for a good bet that now is the time to make the move, having approx £150,000 to buy a house with in Spain as well?

Thanks loads everyone, proving to be a great site this. Even I am now wondering where Miss Naughty is

Thanks again
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:55 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Again thanks for all the responses however I would have been particurly interested some feed back on if £850 and no mortgage is a decent income in Spain. Assuming we can get Sky tv and internet that would be each of us happy. I suppose its about 1200 euros.

I may well get around another £100 a month interest on savings so maybe looking at around 1350 euros of guaranteed income before finding any work. Does this sound like an impossible dream given I am still 20 years from a state pension or do I have the basis for a good bet that now is the time to make the move, having approx £150,000 to buy a house with in Spain as well?

Thanks loads everyone, proving to be a great site this. Even I am now wondering where Miss Naughty is

Thanks again
We live on just a little less and we live very well and we are the same 16 years of state retirement
We live in the south inland and prices are about a 1/3 rd less than in the UK,
We lived in a simlar sized town in the UK.
example a cup of coffee is about a 1 euro or less.
Example coffee and toast less than 2 euros average.
Honest we can live well on our income.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:09 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by gallerie9
We live on just a little less and we live very well and we are the same 16 years of state retirement
We live in the south inland and prices are about a 1/3 rd less than in the UK,
We lived in a simlar sized town in the UK.
example a cup of coffee is about a 1 euro or less.
Example coffee and toast less than 2 euros average.
Honest we can live well on our income.
This sounds very encouraging. Where might you be and are there resales available where you are. We are not set on a particular area as yet.

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again

As I think I mentioned before, we live on 1000 euros a month (am 11 years from a state pension. SKY is the same price as it is in the UK if you have to get a new card here, but the best bet is to keep your UK one running. Internet with telefonica costs around 40 euros a month
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:51 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
As I think I mentioned before, we live on 1000 euros a month (am 11 years from a state pension. SKY is the same price as it is in the UK if you have to get a new card here, but the best bet is to keep your UK one running. Internet with telefonica costs around 40 euros a month
So you did looking back how did I miss that, more likely forgot getting old I think. All sounds promising enough then. Getting excited really.