Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Visa For Philippino girlfriend

Visa For Philippino girlfriend

Old Jul 29th 2021, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Derickoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa For Philippino girlfriend

Hi all have been planning to move to Spain for two years as we are living in limbo these past few years iv had to wait but now am selling my house and hopefully rent before i buy in Spain am also financially stable I'm in my early 60s

This post relates to advise on getting a visa for my Philippine girlfriend of 9 years we have not seen each other in 2/1/2 years for obvious reasons i only got divorced in 2019 .I am aware that a filippino only needs 2 years to get citizenship in Spain "Like we are sorry we occupied you for so long". I'm Irish so no problem.. Would like to bring her over get married and hopefully live happily ever after .Has anybody advise they can give me in doing so.

Renting insurance buying a car medical clued in on.

Have basic Spanish I'm all clued in on having browsed getting as much information as possible but this query is exceptional in nature.

She is working in Saudi at the moment in a professional basis..Will be another year till she is finished her contract.

I thank you in advance all for replying.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 12:42 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa For Philippino girlfriend

Originally Posted by Derickoo
Hi all have been planning to move to Spain for two years as we are living in limbo these past few years iv had to wait but now am selling my house and hopefully rent before i buy in Spain am also financially stable I'm in my early 60s

This post relates to advise on getting a visa for my Philippine girlfriend of 9 years we have not seen each other in 2/1/2 years for obvious reasons i only got divorced in 2019 .I am aware that a filippino only needs 2 years to get citizenship in Spain "Like we are sorry we occupied you for so long". I'm Irish so no problem.. Would like to bring her over get married and hopefully live happily ever after .Has anybody advise they can give me in doing so.

Have basic Spanish I'm all clued in on having browsed getting as much information as possible but this query is exceptional in nature.

She is working in Saudi at the moment in a professional basis..Will be another year till she is finished her contract.

Hi, butting in from the France forum.
Since you aren't married, your gf will have to contact the Spanish Consulate in Saudi Arabia and apply for her own individual Visa there. I've no idea what the conditions are, but you'll probably have to provide documents to prove your relationship and future marriage, your financial situation, etc.... in support of her application.
But she must take the initial steps, not you....
HTH if no one has been there, done that.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

She will be back in CAGAYAN DE ORO per her contract will be flown back.
Would it be better to marry her in the Philippines or in Spain
Old Jul 29th 2021, 3:15 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

She will be back in CAGAYAN DE ORO per her contract will be flown back.
Would it be better to marry her in the Philippines or in Spain
If you were in France, I would say it would be simpler to marry your gf in the Philippines when she's back home, and bring her back to Spain as wife of an EU citizen. Hopefully some one on the Spain forum can give you official Spanish Govt. sites to consult.... At the same time, your gf could consult the Spanish Consulate in the Philippines.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Are there specific lawyers i can make contact with in Spain that facilitate the process
Old Jul 29th 2021, 5:14 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are there specific lawyers i can make contact with in Spain that facilitate the process
It's your gf who must initiate the Visa process from the Philippines, either as the spouse of an EU citizen or as an independant individual, depending on the choice you make. You could pay for a consultation with a Spanish Immigration Lawyer, but surely they would only repeat what the official Spanish Govt. sites/Spanish Consulates (which are free), say?
You could move to Spain any time, renting until you've found the ideal place to buy, getting Residency for yourself, then, when your gf has returned to the Philippines, sort out your matrimonial status and she'd apply for the relevant Visa.
P.S. Sorry that I seem to be the only one answering!
Old Jul 29th 2021, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
It's your gf who must initiate the Visa process from the Philippines, either as the spouse of an EU citizen or as an independant individual, depending on the choice you make. You could pay for a consultation with a Spanish Immigration Lawyer, but surely they would only repeat what the official Spanish Govt. sites/Spanish Consulates (which are free), say?
You could move to Spain any time, renting until you've found the ideal place to buy, getting Residency for yourself, then, when your gf has returned to the Philippines, sort out your matrimonial status and she'd apply for the relevant Visa.
P.S. Sorry that I seem to be the only one answering!
Thanks for reply
Old Jul 29th 2021, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

The lack of replies may be due to some of us having collapsed!
Old Jul 30th 2021, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonboy
The lack of replies may be due to some of us having collapsed!
COLLAPSED that's worrying to hear i sincerely hope all are well.
I think it will take at least another year to play out if we do not see another variant that is more prevalent.
My own estimation is that Covid will weaken over time with vaccinations i just hope I'm right .
Peace to everyone and stay safe be aware please.mask up.