Reload this Page >

Visa for Argentinian National in Spain

Visa for Argentinian National in Spain

Old May 25th 2013, 12:37 am
Just Joined

crayfishuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for Argentinian National in Spain

Hi,

So I'm a UK citizen living in Spain, I haven't got resedencia yet as I only moved there a couple of months ago but I'm in the process of sorting that out.

My girlfriend lives in Argentina and we're tired of the whole long distance thing so we want to live together in Spain with her 8 year old child. She can come for 90 days without a visa but what options do we have for her to stay longer than that?

I am full time employed so working is not essential at first though she would like to obtain full residency and be able to work eventually, it's not a requirement right now.

I've seen references to a "non-lucrative" visa - would she be entitled to this? Also, what would be the requirements for us to register for Pareja de Hecho and would that help her visa situation? (I am separated but not divorced yet so that may also affect things)

Any advice would be appreciated - the information out there on visa requirements for non EU nationals is a bit conflicting.

Cheers
Craig
Old May 25th 2013, 6:23 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for Argentinian National in Spain

Originally Posted by crayfishuk
Hi,

So I'm a UK citizen living in Spain, I haven't got resedencia yet as I only moved there a couple of months ago but I'm in the process of sorting that out.

My girlfriend lives in Argentina and we're tired of the whole long distance thing so we want to live together in Spain with her 8 year old child. She can come for 90 days without a visa but what options do we have for her to stay longer than that?

I am full time employed so working is not essential at first though she would like to obtain full residency and be able to work eventually, it's not a requirement right now.

I've seen references to a "non-lucrative" visa - would she be entitled to this? Also, what would be the requirements for us to register for Pareja de Hecho and would that help her visa situation? (I am separated but not divorced yet so that may also affect things)

Any advice would be appreciated - the information out there on visa requirements for non EU nationals is a bit conflicting.

Cheers
Craig
it might be worth her checking out if she has any Spanish ancestry - there are special rules in those cases

but if she hasn't - then the opportunity for her to stay longer legally, are pretty much non-existent - the rules are clear-cut tbh

if she were offered work, then the visa for that would have to be applied for while she was in Argentina

as far as registering as pareja de hecho is concerened - it does vary from area to area, but generally, in order to register as such, you need to show proof that you have been living together in Spain for two years, before registering

if she has the funds she could apply for a non-lucrative visa - last time I looked you needed to have something like $75000 US sitting in the bank
Old May 27th 2013, 12:42 am
Just Joined

crayfishuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

What if she was married to a UK citizen resident in Spain (me, obviously lol)?

How hard would it be for her to stay then?
Old May 27th 2013, 5:34 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crayfishuk
Thanks for the reply.

What if she was married to a UK citizen resident in Spain (me, obviously lol)?

How hard would it be for her to stay then?
that would make it easier - she could then apply for residency as 'exercising treaty rights as the spouse of an EU national'

you said that you're already married though